Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan, as resident Caulie-Stein fan, talk him up to me and how he'll fix the Kings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins has good hands and instincts, Lowe pointed it out a bit when talking about his defensive improvements. The attention wanes at times, but when he's allowed to sag off screens (an adjustment Malone made this year) and corral ball handlers like he was a goalie he can be very disruptive. Unfortunately while his attention is on the guard/wing, the Kings forget to rotate or help and the basket is wide open

As far as offense goes, he's been paired with the likes of Samuel Dalembert, Jason Thompson, Reggie Evans, JJ Hickson, and Carl Landry throughout most of his career. The only time he's had a stretchy guy next to him were those 2 months Patrick Patterson didn't play like poo poo for us. It might not be an ideal fit but it's not like he's really had one before.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I can not wait for the Vivek to call Kiminsky's name this June as part of his draft 4.0 video

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Their fans on the internet will white knight it, yeah, but they were 30th in attendance this year and 29th the year before.

Internet posters are also the ones that seem to go to maybe 2 or 3 games a year, catch the rest on TV, and tell everyone to suck it up it's for the good of the franchise.

Barring a slip in the lottery which we always seem to take, I'm excited for the prospect of WCS being available at the Kings spot only for them to pass on him for another shooter who can't shoot and then spend the next season scratching their head about why their defense is so bad

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 28, 2015

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Excuse those of us who can't afford season tickets and don't want to perpetuate mediocrity for the next decade.

Historic tanking the likes no one has ever seen or mediocrity. Yes those are the only two choices.

And if you can't afford season tickets that's fine but don't be cavalier with other people's money

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I have no problems with a team deciding to blow it up. I do have a problem with the "IT'S EITHER THIS OR WE ARE SIGNING ELTON BRAND ALL OVER AGAIN" thinking.

Plus, Philly's streak of mediocrity is one that other teams wouldn't mind having. Hell I wish my team was in the poo poo Eastern Conference so my poo poo team can get the 6th seed or maybe top out as a second round out

quote:

And no one's being cavalier with anyone's money. Season ticket holders were fully briefed on the blueprint/reasoning and they've been pretty copacetic other than some mild grumbling during the losing streak at the very beginning of the season.

I've seen reddit comments that say otherwise but I guess reddit comments should never be used as evidence of anything

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 28, 2015

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Combine is tomorrow
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2015-NBA-Combine-Invite-List-and-Analysis-4952/

Towns, Okafor, and Mudiay are not attending and who knows how many things the people showing up will decline to do.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

Think about how few players are popped for weed and how much you have to smoke for it to be a concern

Beasley posted a picture of his new tattoo with a bong in the background and he hasn't gotten busted.

Hell, I think more rookies have been busted for rookie camp rules violations than NBA players for weed

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DraftExpress has early measurements
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2015&source=NBA+Draft+Combine&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

and analysis
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2015-NBA-Draft-Combine-Measurements-Analysis-4964/

Stanley Johnson managed to shrink almost 2 inches. And someone talk me down from Myles Turner I don't care if he doesn't know how to run

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Justise Winslow is apparently the proud owner of some 2" platform shoes. Not to be outdone Anthony Brown has some loving 3'2.5" clown shoes

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Going entirely by the highly accurate DraftExpress mock list, it looks like the Kings will need someone to fall in love with one of the Euros or Justise Winslow in order to get WCS

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Justin Anderson pulled a 43" max veritical

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Some loving goofy Irish baseball player named Pat Connaughton just got 44" burn the combine down now

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Draft season is officially underway now!
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....op-three-picks/

quote:

Kristaps Porzingis, a smooth-shooting power forward from Latvia, has emerged as a serious threat to break into the top three of the June 25 draft in a potential serious shakeup to the long-held perception the top four spots are set, with some executives at the pre-draft combine here saying Porzingis could go second.

“He could go two,” one general manager said. “He’s that good. Nobody says anything bad about him.”

Said the head of basketball operations for another team: “I think he’s a lock for the top five and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go as high as top three. He’s good. We all like to do our comparables. He’s like Dirk Nowitzki or Pau Gasol….. I’d take him ahead of (Jahlil) Okafor.”

Someone talk me into the guy because he sounds like someone the Kings would take over WCS at 6/7

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Never draft someone compared to Dirk or Bird, or easier never draft a white dude

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's something they could do as a half time segment but instead turned into a 30 minute televized event. The more pageantry the better

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

I refuse to believe it. Maybe he had hyrdaulic springs in his shoes.

Draft Express thinks he gamed the measurements by intentionally tanking the max standing reach measurement to boost his max vert number. loving Irish

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Growl like a T-Rex

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He's 6'5" but measured only a 8'0" standing reach. That's almost 4" shorter than he measured earlier at Portsmouth. That's also almost the amount of variance on his two no step verts

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Provided that Magic go for shooting this year, it sounds like the Kings will have their pick of Winslow or WCS. That's not the worst choice to have

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

You lose 2 million bucks over the course of your rookie contract going from 1 to 2

~~~~~endorsements~~~~~

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aniki posted:

That will be the dumb narrative put forward by the Colin Cowherd's of the world. There certainly is a lot of marketing potential in LA, but there's also marketing potential with being the number one pick. The Wolves are also loaded with young talent and at least from the outside looking in, the Lakers are a lot further behind in their rebuilding process, though they can eventually augment that process with FAs, but not until Bryant's $25 million contract comes off of the books.

Someone on reddit said going to LA is huge for your marketability and cited Nick Young dating Iggy Azaela as his evidence. Pretty sure he was arguing this unironically

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

There are never really any leaks from the current Sixers FO.

I guess there was a leak that MCW was being shopped last year, but that could have come from anywhere.

Probably came from the 29 other GMs that they called

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Hinkie doesn't leak anything; it's a large part of the reason that several local media members don't like him.

I remember the media being miffed or whatever over Kevin McHale never giving them scoops so when David Kahn came in he had to go the complete 180 route and blather openly about players and contracts and saying junk like 'mana from heaven'

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

iamsosmrt posted:

What kind of scares me is how a considerable amount of Philly fans seem to be on board with Porzingis as a possible 3rd pick.

Philly drafts Porzingis and begs him to stay overseas for 3 years

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone please give me a comparison between Stanley Johnson and Justise Winslow. Some Kings fans are already being vocal about preferring the former to the later

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ideally it would be a SF that can play smallball 4, but they both look a bit too small for that. I guess we'd just have to continue the Rudy Gay PF experiment. Don't really need playmaking, someone being able to stand still in one spot and hit a jumper or 3 would be way better than what we have now.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Probably just a smokescreen because NY isn't in love with they Congo China player and are trying to bait Sacramento into trading up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25200922/report-knicks-enamored-with-trey-lyles-could-draft-him-4th-overall

quote:

he New York Knicks have the No. 4 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft, and no one quite knows what they're planning. The choice might be simple if Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor or D'Angelo Russell is available, but the Knicks could also decide to surprise everybody -- they really, really like Kentucky forward Trey Lyles, according to the New York Daily News' Frank Isola:

While Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein have garnered the most attention, the Knicks for months have been enamored with Trey Lyles, according to a team source. Lyles is a 6-foot-10 forward out of Indianapolis who Phil Jackson sees as a good fit for the triangle offense.

Would the Knicks select Lyles with the fourth overall pick? Crazier things have happened and if Jackson truly believes Lyles, the 2014 Indiana Mr. Basketball who was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and has played internationally for the U.S. and Canada, is worth it, perhaps he'll make the move. A more plausible scenario would be for the Knicks to trade down, since most draft experts don't see him as a top 10 pick.

On one hand, this is baseless speculation. On the other, it's more amusing to me to believe this is true. So it's true to me :lol: Knicks

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@JimCrandell
If you missed my segment last night, Vlade Divac said he doesn't think Kristap Porzingis is ready to play meaningful minutes in the NBA...

YESSSSSSSSSSS

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Looks like Cameron Payne is going to win this year's Dion Waiters Award and shoot up the draft board, but I think he might actually be a good basketball player.

Kings are bringing him in for a workout. Hopefully it's more of due diligence thing but honestly my draft reactions and predictions all suck so if the FO wants to do something that I don't agree with what do I know

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If you think Towns is going to be a superstar while Okafor just a nice all-star at best, you'd have to throw more at me than Jordan Clarkson and some second round/late first pick. This isn't football, it's a superstar driven league and it's really hard to make up the difference in just depth

For course that depends on what Minny thinks of Towns and Okafor. But if you got the #1 pick, you should make trades based off your own evaluations first, and trade package second.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 4, 2015

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Towns completely floored Givony in his workout session with his variety of skills. Take that for what it's worth (nothing)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I know it stinks of "white guy should get drafted by Utah/Minnesota"-syndrome, but Kaminsky would be a great fit. Lyles too.

edit:

Wow gently caress yeah they do.
Gobert
Favors
Kaminsky/Lyles/Oubre/Whoever @ #12
Hayward
Hood
Exum
Burke
Burks

The Bucks, Jazz, and Sixers are going to be so fun to watch in a year or two.

I look at all these teams that have been as bad as the Kings the last 5 years yet have 2x the young talent and I shake my head in sadness

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

Wolfson seems to think that they might be looking to swing a trade with Sacramento if he falls to six.

Probably an assumption on his part because Sacramento apparently of always trying to trade their pick despite envy evidence to the contrary. Don't see what Minny can offer. Pek doesn't work with Cousins and I don't see Rubio being the type of guard they want

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

They (and Dallas) were actively interested in Rubio last summer

Someone should tell that to Sacramento!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rising lottery pick Cameron Payne, a Murray State PG, has upcoming workouts scheduled with Lakers (2nd pick) & Knicks (4th), a source says.

— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) June 6, 2015

Russell is special, but Cameron Payne is in the same class when it comes to playmaking.

— Russillo (@ryenarussillo) June 6, 2015

OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jimcunningham posted:

Maurice Ager? I liked him though.

I like how Cuban said he had a Wade stopper after drafting him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If you like Russell and think he can be Brandon Roy-esque, taking him over Okafor isn't that crazy right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I can see Lakers toying with the Sixers saying they'd take Russell to see if they could shake anything extra out of them.

• Locked thread