Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's also useful as an ingredient for old-timey abortion potions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Tsinava posted:

all of ya'll should try eating at least 1 small apple and two sticks of celery throughout each day and see how much better ya'll feel as a result.

in fact, when you're eating something you know that's going to give you really awful shits, eat some celery with it.

imagine the nice crisp celery stalk cleaning up your poop because that's what it does.

thanks for the tip

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Tsinava posted:

all of ya'll should try eating at least 1 small apple and two sticks of celery throughout each day and see how much better ya'll feel as a result.

in fact, when you're eating something you know that's going to give you really awful shits, eat some celery with it.

imagine the nice crisp celery stalk cleaning up your poop because that's what it does.

Apples own.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

naem posted:

Celery makes chicken soup awesome.

I have no idea WHY because it has no flavor raw but put frozen chicken parts, a big can of chicken broth, and celery in a crock pot overnight and your whole house smells delicious

Celery kinda thickens soups too. It's one of the 'holy trinity' of cajun food, and it definitely has a flavor when you cook it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

talk about ants on a log

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I really like plain celery sticks, they are a crunchy tasty snack

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

man celery in teh rear end is a good idea it's all ribbed for pleasure and stuff

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I also love celery in soups, and for making vegetable stock. It's also what makes a Waldorf salad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kjetting posted:

I also love celery in soups, and for making vegetable stock. It's also what makes a Waldorf salad.

Thanks to Fawlty Towers, I will never forget the ingredients to Waldorf Salad.

Celery! Apples! Walnuts! Grapes!
In a mayonaise sauce!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
How are you going to make chicken noodle soup, roast a chicken, etc. without celery? The carrots and onions need it. :cripes:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

anyone hating on celery has never cooked past a hot pocket in the microwave level. lolin at these basic bitches

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
tuna fish sandwiches you poo poo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what are some other foods that will increase my boner and cumshot volume and intensity?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
celery has water and lots of fiber and nothing else and is thus objectively the best food

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

fyodor posted:

anyone hating on celery has never cooked past a hot pocket in the microwave level. lolin at these basic bitches

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah i don't like celery as a vegetable much but it is important as an ingredient

if you dislike the crisp green snap of celery, try celeriac. it's celery in potato form.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Lawman 0 posted:

It's good filler.

filler? i barely know her!

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

It's nature's edible spoon!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Action Yak Police posted:

It's nature's edible spoon!

Great minds think alike.

Applewhite posted:

Celery is a great way to hold up peanut butter as well. Like, if you felt like just eating a spoonful of peanut butter but wished you could also eat the spoon, celery is great for simulating that.

Edited because my previous version was mean spirited and uncalled for.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Great minds think alike.

Edited because my previous version was mean spirited and uncalled for.
I don't loving read threads.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

I'm with the OP on this one. Celery is not worth eating. I'd also like to add carrots to that category. gently caress carrots. Carrots taste like how a pine tree smells plus dirt. Also, carrots are how the poors and lovely restaurants like to turn a little food into lots of food. Chinese food places dump carrots and celery into everything to create volume. Only have a box of raisins, a sack of lovely carrots and some mayo? Make 8 gallons of disgusting carrot salad found at every Hometown Buffet and Golden Coral! Want to make a cake and fool your poo poo garbage kids into eating vegetables? Carrot cake!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if it makes u cum buckets its worth it

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Rivethead posted:

I'm with the OP on this one. Celery is not worth eating. I'd also like to add carrots to that category. gently caress carrots. Carrots taste like how a pine tree smells plus dirt. Also, carrots are how the poors and lovely restaurants like to turn a little food into lots of food. Chinese food places dump carrots and celery into everything to create volume. Only have a box of raisins, a sack of lovely carrots and some mayo? Make 8 gallons of disgusting carrot salad found at every Hometown Buffet and Golden Coral! Want to make a cake and fool your poo poo garbage kids into eating vegetables? Carrot cake!

Sorry carrots own but celery only belongs in a bloody mary.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Celery goes well in stews and sometimes I use it for filler in my jambalaya. If you can't be bothered cooking you can always just put hot sauce on it or something I guess.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Solomonic posted:

Celery goes well in stews and sometimes I use it for filler in my jambalaya. If you can't be bothered cooking you can always just put hot sauce on it or something I guess.

you should always use it in jambalaya, it's not filler. Holy trinity yall I'm telling you.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Rivethead posted:

lol im worried about the purity of my kids cake.

"eat this!"
"i don't like green beans"
"they're green fries"
"oh, ok." *eats entire portion*

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Halloweener posted:

Celery is important for replenishing jizz stocks and quality.

can i just drink cum instead

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Celery is a peanut butter delivery system.

Also good for soup and stews.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
It makes your sweat get bitches wet

quote:

Understanding the aphrodisiac effects of celery requires an understanding of the male pheromone androsterone. Presented as an important link in understanding those chemicals responsible for eliciting sexual arousal in women, these androgen hormones including androstenol and androstenone; androsterone is secreted through sweat and is generated as a result of the metabolic processes of testosterone. And because celery is known to contain androsterone, the increased consumption of celery will lead to a natural increase in the production of this male pheromone.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
celery and sour cream dip, peanut butter or hommous is pretty good healthy snack food

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

celery and blue cheese with sweet BBQ wings = dance all night

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

quote:

In olden days, impotent males would thread two pieces of string through a celery stalk which was placed under the penis, and run the thread behind their ears so the penis could be manipulated like a marionette1.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

you should always use it in jambalaya, it's not filler. Holy trinity yall I'm telling you.

how do u feel about okra

i really like okra

celery is like onion for me: it's critical to the flavor of many things, tastes much different when cooked, and is completely unappealing raw

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
celery root is delicious in all forms. the stalk is kind of pointless though

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
tell me more about the ropey loads

do you have to munch it raw

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Mulatto Butts posted:

tell me more about the ropey loads

do you have to munch it raw

paging splitsoul to this thread

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
put a little cold water on it, sprinkle some salt. good snack

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

one time i ate an entire bushel of celery in one sitting, my next jo session was certainly something

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
celery is an aphrodisiac in china probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

In a mayonaise sauce!

lots of sauces use mayo as a base just fyi

• Locked thread