Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pillow Clerk posted:

pretend that here I posted the study about how lower middle class/poor people are more generous and empathetic

and rich people are sociopaths

trick or treating is a pretty great introduction to the values of class warfare and the benefits of communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm not saying I never stole candy from a kid's Halloween stash, but who the hell just picks through the bag soon as the kid gets home? That's some big-government bullshit, right there.

You're supposed to wait a few days and then start pilfering from the bag only when the kid can't see you do it.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Pththya-lyi posted:

I once volunteered to tell stories to pre-schoolers at my old school. Each week I met with two groups of kids. The first group was perfectly well-behaved and never gave me any difficulty. The second group was rowdy and often had trouble settling down to listen. The second group was also really enthusiastic about my stories and tended to do things like hug me and tell me they loved me. I couldn't help but prefer the second group to the first - I admired their spirit and their willingness to embrace me and what I had to offer so whole-heartedly.

The point is that Tsinava has no loving idea what they're talking about, rowdy little kids are awesome

I'm sure a mother of three's favorite thing to hear is how she should stop medicating her rowdy children by some guy who reads to them once a week.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
free candy was good till i turned ten and learned i could buy giant bags of candy 50% off day after halloween and just save my money for halloween instead of trick or treating.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Tsinava posted:

I'm sure a mother of three's favorite thing to hear is how she should stop medicating her rowdy children by some guy who reads to them once a week.

if she's cool with making her kids soulless drones just so they'll "behave" then her opinion doesn't count anyway

E: not that the first group was "soulless," just not as enthusiastic.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
lol if you weren't aware slate is the internet's oldest troll site

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Tsinava posted:

Is this a real thing people do? Sounds really hosed up imo.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
instead of candy give out free vaccinations and flintstones vitamins

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pillow Clerk posted:

rich people are sociopaths

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
tsinava im not gonna lie your posting itt sounds like pat from achewood

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
my dream is to answer the door with a shop vac and when the kids say "trick or treat" I say "Trick" and vacuum out the candy from their bags

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

The poor black kids I grew up with would clean out neighbors by wearing black robes or capes, and then having like 5 different Dollar Store masks, and they'd go back to the same house 5 times.

The richer white neighborhood people eventually caught on and were incensed. So they'd buy super cheap lovely candy and give those to the black kids that kept coming, because they'd have their houses messed with if they outright refused, or gave a stern lecture to the black kids about coming to the same house more than once. And the white parents would pull out the good candy like mini-Snickers for the white kids with the good costumes.

There was a Halloween racial cold war, basically.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

goku im piss posted:

my dream is to answer the door with a shop vac and when the kids say "trick or treat" I say "Trick" and vacuum out the candy from their bags

im planning to prank trick or treaters by hanging myself from the roof as they come to the door

first theyll get spooked and do a double take and think im just joking to scare them, and then theyll do a triple take and start crying

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

spooky girlfriend posted:

The poor black kids I grew up with would clean out neighbors by wearing black robes or capes, and then having like 5 different Dollar Store masks, and they'd go back to the same house 5 times.

The richer white neighborhood people eventually caught on and were incensed. So they'd buy super cheap lovely candy and give those to the black kids that kept coming, because they'd have their houses messed with if they outright refused, or gave a stern lecture to the black kids about coming to the same house more than once. And the white parents would pull out the good candy like mini-Snickers for the white kids with the good costumes.

There was a Halloween racial cold war, basically.

did they give them the lovely peanut butter candy, anyone who gave that out had their car torched

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

im planning to prank trick or treaters by hanging myself from the roof as they come to the door

first theyll get spooked and do a double take and think im just joking to scare them, and then theyll do a triple take and start crying

can you get someone to gut you like hannibal lecter did to the italian cop, also eat rainbow sprinkles for a week so they spray everywhere

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

goku im piss posted:

did they give them the lovely peanut butter candy, anyone who gave that out had their car torched

what candy is that?

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

what candy is that?

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Oh yeah peanut butter taffy. I forgot that even existed. Probably blocked it out.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Not sure what to think about halloween. Could someone post some lacanian/marxist analysis of this phenomenon so i know how to feel? Thanks.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

This was my favorite Halloween candy because I never had it any other time of year, so I associated it strongly with Halloween:

Tastes like the inside of a butterfinger, basically.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

NihilismNow posted:

Not sure what to think about halloween. Could someone post some lacanian/marxist analysis of this phenomenon so i know how to feel? Thanks.

the object of desire is candy, freely given to the collective worker who requests the object of desire with a vague threat/reward statement

the worker is forced to give a cut of their reward to their oppressive masters

This was my favorite Halloween candy because I never had it any other time of year, so I associated it strongly with Halloween:

those were p good

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Give out Chick tracts and save their teeth and their souls :angel:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

I had forgotten about those. Thanks for posting that. Yeah, that's one of those weird little candies you only see on Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Business Gorillas posted:

who goes to rich neighborhoods to trick or treat? you get way more candy if you go to the middle/lower middle class neighborhood since the houses are closer together and people aren't miserable assholes

This man gets it.

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If DeShawn Shawnarius Lashawn Shawn Sean Shaun wants to trick-or-treat on my block he's more than welcome but he better be wearing a loving costume and say the words

I'm naming my kid this.

"DeShawn Shawnarius Lashawn Shawn Sean Shaun Lurker?"
"Present."

• Locked thread