Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Confirming.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm a pear. VT. I already checked with PM and I am not, like, pear chunks in syrup or whatever. Just a pear.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

HiipFire posted:

because my flavour and role align pretty well.

You're some kind of fruit or vegetable, you turd. Nobody's ever heard of a strawberry cop or bananadoc.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I don't think Met's claim that revealing our role flavor will really help us at all, but I'm not at all seeing how it's harmful. Then again, I have a pretty boring role. Maybe people with more exotic roles have fruit/vegetables that make sense with their role?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Forgive my newbie question but does Harold Krell always talk like he has the most self-righteous brain condition or

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Science of Suck posted:

epsilon do you have an opinion on anybody yet?

Honestly I am at an 11-hour work shift so I've only had time to read and less time to think; I think Met is town and that's my only comfortable read so far.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rereading the thread and some things stick out to me:

soscannonballs posted:

Its not uncommon for scum to get fakeclaims from the mod.

Poison Mushroom has given fakeclaims in the two games of hers I have played as scum in. I still don't think claiming our flavors is a particularly bad thing to do but people shouldn't be claiming their roles because nobody is that goddamn stupid. I don't think Met's likely scum.

Harold Krell posted:

Now, for me, this has been the most suspicious post I have currently seen throughout this game.

First of all, this player was able to claim his role so bluntly that it automatically leads to suspicion in the first place.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, this person has claimed as a Pistachio, which is not neither a FRUIT nor a VEGETABLE, meaning his claim must be false due to process of elimination. This means that this player is either lying about his role in order to avoid suspicion or using as a ruse to manipulate others, both indicative of scum.

Thirdly, I think what I primarily dislike is that his post is simply one word without explaining what his role is exactly useful for. This shows signs of trying to "slip through the cracks" as the expression is called in order to say things without actually having to SAY things.

I believe these accusations alone for now are appropriate enough to say that this person is ideal for scum.

##vote Met

This is a vote based on a joke on the second page of the thread. Any further statements have been essentially "if you were town nobody would be voting you :) :) :)". They are not driving discussion, providing evidence or presenting any compelling alternatives.

Currently I am most comfortable with ##vote Abyssal Squid as their posting so far hasn't been great. They claim fits' posting is garbage, which I don't think is true, and their last post here:

Abyssal Squid posted:

And one last word in my defense: let me live today and I'll explain myself further, besides the fact that I'm a rank newbie. It's not much but it's all I've got besides claims of innocence (which are true but unprovable).

is pretty drat pathetic. "Oh, I'm innocent, I promise!" Statistically, we're all innocent. It's a useless thing to say.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

welp, we confirmed roles can match flavor, so I guess met (and by extension me I guess) looks kinda lovely!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

This is a scum slip - the language you use here implies you have to target someone, instead of just naturally scumhunting.

Nnnnnnno? That's really stretching, don't you think?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

The people that look worse to me today are the people who have not revealed their flavor. Scum won't want to have to come up with fruit that other people won't claim and I don't believe Poison Mushroom would have set up fake claims for the Scum this game because it is a bit of a newbie game and my experience with Poison Mushroom's games is that she wouldn't have set that up.

Fakeclaims would actually make it easier for newbie scum, though, wouldn't it? Giving them a ready-made fake claim.

I've had two games run by PM where I was scum and both times I got a fakeclaim. Poison Mushroom even goes as far as to give you a new fakeclaim if you don't like yours.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

did you really just edit your post

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Original:

Edited:

I think you edited it more because it looked scummy. Moreover, I claimed my flavor but never agreed with your plan - I said it was, as best, harmless.

I really don't like that you edited your post outside of changing spelling/grammar per the rules for the game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Met posted:

It detracted from the main point. Get over it or lynch me for it. You'll be disappointed.

I guess that's why you should think before you post. Like I just did.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

It's hard to tell if Met is melting down or just super frustrated.

I'm cool with voting Met and then hitting Scrap Dragon for lurking. Or the other way around.

##vote Met

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also since we're throwing out postcount arguments here - Science of Suck has barely posted more than I have once you trim out the useless bullshit at the start of the game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##unvote now that Met has calmed down a bit. I am still really salty with you for editing your posts but you are making good points.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I have been rereading this with some regularity and I am totally lost. I am still pretty upset about Met but at the same time a lot of arguments against him just don't hold any water at all. HiipFire hasn't posted for poo poo, though, and what little he's posted is... well. Not great.

##vote HiipFire

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

Which arguments against Met do you disagree with?

This one, for starters:

Harold Krell posted:

Now, for me, this has been the most suspicious post I have currently seen throughout this game.

First of all, this player was able to claim his role so bluntly that it automatically leads to suspicion in the first place.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, this person has claimed as a Pistachio, which is not neither a FRUIT nor a VEGETABLE, meaning his claim must be false due to process of elimination. This means that this player is either lying about his role in order to avoid suspicion or using as a ruse to manipulate others, both indicative of scum.

Thirdly, I think what I primarily dislike is that his post is simply one word without explaining what his role is exactly useful for. This shows signs of trying to "slip through the cracks" as the expression is called in order to say things without actually having to SAY things.

I believe these accusations alone for now are appropriate enough to say that this person is ideal for scum.

##vote Met

Met never claimed pistachio. Nobody seems to be willing to point at Harold Krell for such a bluntly untrue statement. In fact, Harold's got the worst signal-to-noise ratio out of every single poster this game and nobody seems to be willing to call him on it. What gives? Other people have claims against Met but none of them are this lovely. Pintrest Mom and fits have much better cases against Met but I still don't think a mass flavor-claim is an inherently scummy move.

I think tomorrow we really need to look at Harold Krell and decide if we want him around any further or not.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hrm.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I could be tunneling but this type of post usually strikes me as fake.

##vote epsilon

Is that the best you can do?

I want to hear something from Harold. Something useful, not the standard poo poo.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

d3 hmm post: i think these are fake usually, an overwrought way to express frustration that isn't genuine

three letters: certainly an overwrought, desperate bid for attention

was traveling all day; posts tomorrow

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Fits hasn't posted since voting, which is suspicious; you'd think that if it was a good vote that there'd be more casing done, especially as the game gets closer and closer. "gut vote lol" is pretty lovely on day 3.

Harold Krell posted and made some OK points. Not much since. Mostly sanctimonious bullshit to be honest? Am I the only one with this opinion?

Scrap Dragon is ??? and honestly might just get a modkill at this rate. Surprised it hasn't happened already. I think scum would lurk, but I also think they'd be a bit more invested in the game.

I want to reread fits when I'm not on my phone.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm not "setting up anyone", I'm saying he's just not very helpful.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also ##vote fits for previously aformentioned reasons; lovely posting history, weird votes, etc.

Also also I'm sorry I think barely posting isn't helpful to town victory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

If anyone's to blame, it's me.

Nooo, don't say that. I don't think it was your fault.

• Locked thread