Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
Last night I spent hours in the dark reading pointless threads in GBS, sniggering at the many slightly witty, irreverent comments. Can't help feeling like I could do something more productive in this time.

Should I carry on whiling away the gift of life in GBS, or should I do something useful that contributes to the advancement of the human race? Like, for example, start discussing ***serious issues*** in D&D? Advice please goons, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I'm gay

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
GBS should have a roboshits and Trixiehardcore filter where you only read their posts. Then you wouldn't be wasting your life.

Sorry op, the lab results came in and you've got the gay,

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
Oh no :(

Now I've got the gay, what do I do now?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
same

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Draw pictures inspired by your favourite threads. Now you're productive and all that reading was research. Good job!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TheEldar posted:

Last night I spent hours in the dark reading pointless threads in GBS, sniggering at the many slightly witty, irreverent comments. Can't help feeling like I could do something more productive in this time.

Should I carry on whiling away the gift of life in GBS, or should I do something useful that contributes to the advancement of the human race? Like, for example, start discussing ***serious issues*** in D&D? Advice please goons, tia

OP, if you're gonna waste your life on SA, at least don't do it in D&D that's just sad.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Go to YLLS, get swole, and gently caress women.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
YLLS is dudes trying hard to rock $200 jorts. Become honed as a real man in the crucible of ADTRW.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
don't need to go anywhere else to get swole, just read the stickied thread and start lifting chairs over your head, girly men.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Are you sure you are wasting it?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

TheEldar posted:

Have you tought about maybe taking up a creative, intellectually challenging hobby? Think an epic battle of chess, combined with the artistic components of Roman sculpture...

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
hosed up if true

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Professor Shark posted:

Have you tought about maybe taking up a creative, intellectually challenging hobby? Think an epic battle of chess, combined with the artistic components of Roman sculpture...

Its toss-up between this and murdering yourself, really.

The murder would be less shameful.

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
I'm doing it again. Going to take up the astronaut-chess game above to regain some level of dignity while I still can

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
im working right now. try that. go on gbs while working. at least then you're being paid

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Read FYAD instead.

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
I keep seeing FYAD mentioned here, but never delved into it. What exactly is that forum for, how does it differ from GBS?

edit: just clicked it, far too much pink everywhere, not masculine enough

TheEldar fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 25, 2014

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

TheEldar posted:

I'm doing it again. Going to take up the astronaut-chess game above to regain some level of dignity while I still can

just take it one day at a time. put some guys together. paint em up. play some games. GL goon

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it doesn't matter OP

nothing matters

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

TheEldar posted:

I keep seeing FYAD mentioned here, but never delved into it. What exactly is that forum for, how does it differ from GBS?

It's a forum about itself, so not very different from gbs except theyre meaner to newcomers

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Me too OP. Me too.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Count Freebasie posted:

Go to YLLS, get swole, and gently caress women.

this has never happened in real life.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

its a problem we all have, you probably wasted time in my threads last night too

welcome to the club

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

RedLobster posted:

Read FYAD instead.

if you're wasting that amount of time on GBS you might as well waste it on FYAD

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

it doesn't matter OP

nothing matters

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
The gently caress else you going to do with your life? Your life and all of our lives are meaningless. Hell, this galaxy is podunk bullshit.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dead Precedents posted:

The gently caress else you going to do with your life? Your life and all of our lives are meaningless. Hell, this galaxy is podunk bullshit.

do you know a better galaxy you're not telling us about?

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

do you know a better galaxy you're not telling us about?

The Sombrero Galaxy probably has better food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I'm wasting my life whenever I'm at work. At least GBS is entertaining.

• Locked thread