Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
on twitter and facebook too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
you'll believe anything a moe character tells you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
It isn't right to stereotype people. Stereotyping is ridiculous and there's never a reason for it and you're triggering me.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
do they now

this is news to me

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
i remember the days when an anime avatar just meant you were a pedo. why must you label people?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

dat trujillo

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

EllisD posted:

i remember the days when an anime avatar just meant you were a pedo. why must you label people?

well now your a racist sexist pedo

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Because morning cartoons and all that poo poo is bullshit for idiots.

So, the people who watched that stuff before school then moved into anime are obviously the stupider people on the planet.

And racism is stupid.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Rapman the Cook posted:

Because morning cartoons and all that poo poo is bullshit for idiots.

So, the people who watched that stuff before school then moved into anime are obviously the stupider people on the planet.

And racism is stupid.

so brave

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
gonna post some 'nime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x39Jp-z61M

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I'd like to go on record as saying racism is wrong. It is alive and well in our beautiful society and rears its ugly head to bite what we hold most dear. I believe racism and sexism should be sent to a concentration camp and gassed.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Al Cowens posted:

These are fun to compile
Caucasian

Black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vfZFD_TXY&t=861s

South asian

Afro-brazilian/mestizo

Chinese

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Block up, pedo.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I'd like to go on record as saying racism is wrong. It is alive and well in our beautiful society and rears its ugly head to bite what we hold most dear. I believe racism and sexism should be sent to a concentration camp and gassed.

what about fat shaming

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
I know this disqualifies me for membership on the somethingawful forums ... but I actually do not have a strong opinion wrt anime.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sexism?

Racism?

Fat Shaming?

Pedophilia?

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 26, 2014

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Bottom line:

Just like "white bread" is more appealing to everyone, as is white rice, white characters (I'll refer to asians and caucasians as white here) are much better to look at.
Let's face it if anime was made up of all black people, you would NOT be watching it.
White people just look cooler. Racist or not.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

anime is alright most is terrrible but some is good but anime fans are Not Good

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Bottom line:

Just like "white bread" is more appealing to everyone, as is white rice, white characters (I'll refer to asians and caucasians as white here) are much better to look at.
Let's face it if anime was made up of all black people, you would NOT be watching it.

true, I never actually got into anime and was actually somewhat against it, but my girlfriend watches it

If it was full of black characters i would laugh really hard then break up with her probably.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

That is not an accurate depiction of my main man B-Mug.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

does the term "anime marxist" mean anything to you, OP

hopefully not

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Because only dumb babies watch anime.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LuF-hPcTw

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Bottom line:

I never watched Afro Samurai but I heard it's pretty good.

And if that isn't an anime I'm fuckign sorry but I said I never watched it so I don't know.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
i also don't get why the most autistic people imaginable, the kind legit autistics and even shut-ins whose social skills are irreparably broken cringe at, have MLP avatars.

yeah, yeah lol bronies i know you too well gbs but go onto youtube and read the comments and wait for a pony avatar to say something. i can't even say anything to them because i don't GET their thought process.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Islamic Anime Muslim

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Justin Godscock posted:

i also don't get why the most autistic people imaginable, the kind legit autistics and even shut-ins whose social skills are irreparably broken cringe at, have MLP avatars.
there's somebody on twitter with a self-made pony avatar that has over 400,000 tweets

she's something special

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
anime more like animgay

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

does the term "anime marxist" mean anything to you, OP

hopefully not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3IPRGK6F8

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

If you are really into anime and you are a grown-rear end adult and not a teenager then there's something wrong with you.
If you just like it casually then I got no beef.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Because even as children they were annoying as gently caress, so they didnt have any/many friends and even their parents didnt want much to do with them, so TV/cartoons/fiction babysat.

And so they grew up mentally hosed up. And now as adults instead of having a decent size friends circle and going out places with them like normal humans - not to conventions - they watch animated child girls going to school magical drama cartoons.

All the above generally makes the person angry, their virginity makes them itchy, and they are unable to understand the real world. Then racism and sexism.

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 26, 2014

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's ironic too because anime fans are some of the biggest race traitors out there.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this is the origin of a lot of them (maggotmaster comes to mind)

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

this reminds me that even if Lowtax kept LF open after the secret service bugged him, it would probably get closed eventually because FBI guys instead would bug him about running a giant Pro-ISIS board

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i think you'll find I'm one of the biggest "sjws" on the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress whitey

• Locked thread