Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
if you have indoor plumbing, clean clothes, and food everyday it doesn't really matter how dumb you are you're still owning half the world, so owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
i remember when we were in elementary school and they had cops come talk to us about how you should always ask cops for help and if they ask you questions, answer truthfully

i was at my best friends house talking about it one day after school and his mom (the county prosecutor) stepped in and was like "don't ever talk to the police unless there is a real chance of immediate death."

And I was like "really? what if they ask me questions? I can answer those, right?" to which she said "sometimes it is best to lie"

props to her for telling us how it really is

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Rapman the Cook posted:

The US is the stupidest place on Earth.

Pondex posted:

All problems can be solved by shooting at them.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
"A police spokesperson, Detective Matthew Gwynn, told KTVX that a SWAT negotiator spoke with Calzada for about seven hours before the talks “failed.” He was shot and killed around 11:15 a.m."

"“It seemed like there was one shot, and then a pause, and then four or five shots after that, that were very rapid,” Smith said. “The pause after the first shot was really brief. After that I went inside and shut the door.”"

I dunno I mean obviously we should wait for all the details of the story to come out but it sounds like they honestly tried and at some point he shot a gun and then they shot back.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

suicidal man wants to die
cops want to shoot brown man

i dont see the issue here

And his catholic abuelita gets to believe he's in heaven, since he didn't take his own life. Seriously, everybody wins here.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Confusing writeup. I think this is the same story with more clarification. GBS 1.0 rules.

http://fox13now.com/2014/10/25/police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting/

He had a knife and charged police.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Well if you're gonna go out you might as well go out making someone else happy

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
If you're seeking help and wish to live press 1, if not hang up and dial 911 and a Mortality Assistant will be with you shortly.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

If you're seeking help and wish to live press 1, if not hang up and dial 911 and a Mortality Assistant will be with you shortly.

It was a suicide hotline after all.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

argondamn posted:

Confusing writeup. I think this is the same story with more clarification. GBS 1.0 rules.

http://fox13now.com/2014/10/25/police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting/

He had a knife and charged police.

Nope! That's a completely different Latino man who lives in a completely different town!

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Tsinava posted:

Nope! That's a completely different Latino man who lives in a completely different town!

well I'm sure this guy had a pic on Facebook that made him look like a 'thug'

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

ArbitraryC posted:

"A police spokesperson, Detective Matthew Gwynn, told KTVX that a SWAT negotiator spoke with Calzada for about seven hours before the talks “failed.” He was shot and killed around 11:15 a.m."

"“It seemed like there was one shot, and then a pause, and then four or five shots after that, that were very rapid,” Smith said. “The pause after the first shot was really brief. After that I went inside and shut the door.”"

I dunno I mean obviously we should wait for all the details of the story to come out but it sounds like they honestly tried and at some point he shot a gun and then they shot back.

Yeah, I was gonna say. And if I was on the phone with the guy, I'd be very nervous after learning about the woman and kids.

More details all around would be nice.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The police shouldn't have shot Dally from the outsiders.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say. And if I was on the phone with the guy, I'd be very nervous after learning about the woman and kids.

More details all around would be nice.

The woman and children left the house in pretty quick succession after the suicide call.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Buschmaki posted:

The police shouldn't have shot Dally from the outsiders.

:agreed:

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

well I'm sure this guy had a pic on Facebook that made him look like a 'thug'

if you've ever worn a hoodie then your execution is justified! :thumbsup:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I thought GBS was generally pro-assisted suicide?

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Inevitable posted:

actually he didn't commit suicide, which is why he went to heaven.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Inevitable posted:

Well he was the wrong color so the racists here got drawn in that direction.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

drilldo squirt posted:

Big ups to the police in this situation for ending a man's life who was actually asking for it instead of begging them not to.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26889032/exclusive-new-disturbing-video-of-an-attack-by-a-honolulu-police-officer-inside-a-game-room

The victim went to the hospital right after the beating. He had to have staples in his head and has a broken bone in his hand.

Cops are gang members paid with public dollars.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

SpeedGem posted:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26889032/exclusive-new-disturbing-video-of-an-attack-by-a-honolulu-police-officer-inside-a-game-room

The victim went to the hospital right after the beating. He had to have staples in his head and has a broken bone in his hand.

Cops are gang members paid with public dollars.
Does the onion have a good article mocking this kind of language, "possible civil rights violations" I mean really?

"Yeah I was there as he allegedly booted the guy in the head twice, that possible hospital visit where he got potential staples that resulted from the alleged kicks that may have been caught on camera in plain sight sure would be bad if true, but who knows really"

When did objective coverage start meaning never fact check or say anything definitive?

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 26, 2014

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

ArbitraryC posted:

Does the onion have a good article mocking this kind of language, "possible civil rights violations" I mean really?

"Yeah I was there as he allegedly booted the guy in the head twice, that possible hospital visit where he got potential staples that resulted from the alleged kicks that may have been caught on camera in plain sight sure would be bad if true, but who knows really"

When did objective coverage start meaning never fact check or say anything definitive?

Cop ‘Game’ Involved Sharing Nude Pictures Of Drunk Women

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/25/cop-game-involved-sharing-nude-pictures-of-drunk-women/

The onion? LOL

Remember when the cops shot a flashbang grenade into a babies crib and were like "WHERE ARE THE DRUGS"?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Pondex posted:

All problems can be solved by shooting at them.

cops are a problem....

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

ArbitraryC posted:

No budget for fact-checkers or investigation any more, pro journalism vs. blogging is mainly about tone now

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
cops will mistakenly bust into your house in the middle of the night after tracing a "I've got a gun and will hurt myself or someone" call using outdated phone company records, smash your kitchen door down and cause your housemate to hide and call 911 only to be told "don't worry, it's the police"

if you've never woken up naked to flashlights and guns in your face I suggest you try it sometime, anyway that's my story thanks for reading and gently caress the five-oh

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
BEFORE ENGANGING WITH ME LET ME REMIND YOU THAT I WAS BANNED FROM FYAD FOR BEING A RACIST gently caress

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Doing god's work

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i think letting the police provide a euthanasia service is a great idea. cops love to shoot dudes and suicidal people love dying, its a real win win

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i think letting the police provide a euthanasia service is a great idea. cops love to shoot dudes and suicidal people love dying, its a real win win

90% of the police force in america is ex-mil, VA cuts limit treatments, Cops are a gang with brain damage.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
The title of the article is "Utah man shot and killed by SWAT team after calling suicide hotline", not sure why everybody is so surprised. There's nothing the title about prevention.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

SpeedGem posted:

90% of the police force in america is ex-mil, VA cuts limit treatments, Cops are a gang with brain damage.

describing cops as a gang comprised of insane soldiers makes them sound cool as poo poo tbh

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

describing cops as a gang comprised of insane soldiers makes them sound cool as poo poo tbh

Unironically if I saw a cop in troubled in a "danegerous uniform" I'd not do a thing and go on my way, somewhere outthere are police issused handguns and shotguns, and automatic ar-15s. welp

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
He obviously shot at the police you retards lol

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlIdyb-SBk

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

1gnoirents posted:

He obviously shot at the police you retards lol

reasoning to shoot back and kill, because the united states has no mental heath care sytem

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
shoot um

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I hope all those cops got a raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012