Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Getting into heaven is super easy these days. Just confess your sins and call 9/11 and keep telling them you want to die.

Remember to only call a suicide hotline if you MEAN it folks! If you say you want to kill yourself they'll probably kill you before you can do so because they don't want you to go to hell. Not all ideas that came from the Spanish Inquisition are bad you know!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
owns.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

god bless the police!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
The US is the stupidest place on Earth.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

All problems can be solved by shooting at them.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

quote:

KTVX-TV reported that Jose Calzada called the hotline around 4 a.m. on Tuesday

There was his problem right there. White people love killin' non-white people.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Rapman the Cook posted:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you can also shoot the gay away

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Honestly, it sounds like everything worked out.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Like the dudes dead, so hes good with it and the police got to kill a man which made their day I bet. Sounds like a win win situation.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Pondex posted:

All problems can be solved by shooting at them.
I wish I could shoot you right now.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Big ups to the police in this situation for ending a man's life who was actually asking for it instead of begging them not to.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I don't actually want to shoot Pondex or have anything against him I just made a burn for burns sake. I apologize.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

they should have left the suicidal man with the gun alone

nothing bad ever happens if you just leave the crazy man with the gun alone

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
haha yea the cops should have just let the mentally ill dude with a gun hang out where the gf and kids live, and just run amok around the public at large. fukkkin amerikkka.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Suicide = no life insurance payout

I reckon he bribed SWAT to kill him (you guys get 30% of my wife's stack kinda thing)

IT WAS AN INSURANCE JOB!

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

drilldo squirt posted:

Like the dudes dead, so hes good with it and the police got to kill a man which made their day I bet. Sounds like a win win situation.

once they actually want you to do it, it's no fun anymore and suddenly super gross. I bet the police feel really unclean and confused atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ZzBCReKZs

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tsinava posted:

Getting into heaven is super easy these days. Just confess your sins and call 9/11 and keep telling them you want to die.

Remember to only call a suicide hotline if you MEAN it folks! If you say you want to kill yourself they'll probably kill you before you can do so because they don't want you to go to hell. Not all ideas that came from the Spanish Inquisition are bad you know!!

lol gently caress that country

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Hello! You've reached the Roy, Utah suicide hotline! If you would like to die, please press 1 and one of our SWAT teams will be deployed to your house within the hour, if you're on the fence about it, press 2 and we'll put you in contact with one of our representatives who will talk to you about the financial and personal benefits of dying TODAY!

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

I don't actually want to shoot Pondex or have anything against him I just made a burn for burns sake. I apologize.

Too late. Swat-teams are en route. They've got quotas to uphold you know.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

haha yea the cops should have just let the mentally ill dude with a gun hang out where the gf and kids live, and just run amok around the public at large. fukkkin amerikkka.

Of course you are in this thread

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

killstealing posted:

Of course you are in this thread

I'm everywhere where the cops are doing good deeds.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Where does it say he had a gun?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Tsinava posted:

Where does it say he had a gun?

I was the guy who shot him

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

I'm everywhere where the cops are doing good deeds.

First I disagreed but then I realized American cops rly only kill Americans

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Tsinava posted:

Hello! You've reached the Roy, Utah suicide hotline! If you would like to die, please press 1 and one of our SWAT teams will be deployed to your house within the hour, if you're on the fence about it, press 2 and we'll put you in contact with one of our representatives who will talk to you about the financial and personal benefits of dying TODAY!

I legit support this.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Honestly the only thing I feel when I encounter suicidal people is recoil.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

killstealing posted:

Honestly, the worse your English is, the more likely that police will light you up with no provocation, so immigrants get got pretty reg.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I've heard of suicide by cop, but I didn't know they do house calls. That's convenient.

also lol, of course he was hispanic. by now i shouldn't even need to check anymore.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

killstealing posted:

killstealing

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rapman the Cook posted:

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
options when dealing with a armed and unstable individual:

1. kill them
2. ?????????

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
suicidal people deserve to die

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Zzulu posted:

suicidal people deserve to die

so when do you plan to kill urself

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I didn't know that THAT'S what they meant by suicide hotline. I'll be sure to give them a ring if I don't start getting hours.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

suicidal man wants to die
cops want to shoot brown man

i dont see the issue here

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Rapman the Cook posted:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
i like the press release saying that 'talks failed'

look we tried to reason with this guy but he was actually pretty convincing and by the end we thought, well, maybe he SHOULD die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

quote:

“It’s unfortunate the way this case ended,” Gwynn said. “We encourage those having suicidal thoughts or tendencies to contact a physician or expert that can talk them through it. In this particular case he attempted to do that — it’s unfortunate and sad that it failed.”

"this case" the case of the suicidal man calling for help

• Locked thread