Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The Suffering. It was awesome. Then the sequel sucked.
That's the bunny! A drat shame the LP was hosted on googlevideo, it looks like a soggy mess these days and the only version I find is the freeware one, which ehhhh.

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

I do lower the game audio a little across the board and then autoduck. It seems the intro is just quiet for whatever reason so put those two together and it makes it too quiet. I heard it so many times through recording and editing that my brain probably just filled it in and I didn't notice. New version is encoded and uploading now. Should be fixed by tonight.
Eh, it happens. Gods know worse things happen. Good to see that you're going to fix it though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I like this guy already, he's such a douchebag :v:

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

And I wonder if Torque is a reference to that horror game with the prisoner Torque. Forget the name right now.

Either that or Torque the motorcycle version of Fast and the Furious no one remembers.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The last video comes up as private and i cant view it. Anyone else have issues?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It seems like he reuploaded it or something. Probably forgot to unprivate it again.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Louispul5 posted:

Either that or Torque the motorcycle version of Fast and the Furious no one remembers.

...Or it's just a reference to Torque, an important principle in the movement of vehicles.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Jade Star posted:

The last video comes up as private and i cant view it. Anyone else have issues?

Which link are you using? I reuploaded, but the new video is public and I changed all the links.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Just tried it again and it worked normally. No clue. Was just using the polsy link in your post on the previous page.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
I wonder if the 5150 on the roof of the police car is a reference to California law for involuntary psychiatric confinement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_%28involuntary_psychiatric_hold%29

or to the Van Halen song inspired on that.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
:siren:MORE DLC ACTION:siren:

Video 08 - DLC - Chaos Rising Part 2 [YouTube]

We continue on with Hunter's quest to get revenge or whatever.

Also, I figured out where I screwed up with the audio in the last video and reuploaded again so it should be fixed from now on.

FrenzyTheKillbot fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 6, 2015

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Man, especially in comparison to main character Wussy McWusswuss, Hunter is wonderfully flamboyant and much more enjoyable for the DR zombie apocalypse. I can totally see him punching zombies with rubber ducks 'cause it's funny.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
The party gloves look liked they'd be really fun at actual parties, less so a zombie outbreak.

I can also attest from personal experience that some biker nicknames are just there to sound cool. Making sense is optional.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The Defiler was one of the more powerful weapons in Dead Rising 2 actually, it was the combo weapon most people used since the parts to make it, sledgehammer and fire axe, spawned in the area just outside the saferoom.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Judge Tesla posted:

The Defiler was one of the more powerful weapons in Dead Rising 2 actually, it was the combo weapon most people used since the parts to make it, sledgehammer and fire axe, spawned in the area just outside the saferoom.

The knife/glove combo was my go to in DR2 for the same reasons.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

CzarChasm posted:

Plus it was faster than the defiler, making it the best overall weapon.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

whowhatwhere posted:

I always just crafted both.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

whowhatwhere posted:

Best is debatable but the only thing that actively comes to mind is the Driller, which due to "piercing" weapons dealing more than any other type and its fast attack speed allows for a great deal of damage in a short time. That said, you could also make a case for the Super B.F.G..

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The driller was definitely my go-to weapon for psychopaths in DR2.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Unknown Quantity posted:

Best is debatable but the only thing that actively comes to mind is the Driller, which due to "piercing" weapons dealing more than any other type and its fast attack speed allows for a great deal of damage in a short time. That said, you could also make a case for the Super B.F.G..

I mainly discount the driller because it's hard to get the pieces while boxing gloves and bowie knives are right outside the most frequented part of the map plus a number of other areas, but you're right about its superiority as a single-enemy weapon.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
I used the Bowie Knife gloves all the time, mainly for psycho's, they seemed to just shred through them

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Scaramouche posted:

Wow what a misfire on that DLC. "Play as a character you probably didn't like and definitely didn't care about".

This is actually kind of an interesting statement. Hunter is probably the character who has the most inclusion in the main game, even though it's just a boss fight. Every other DLC character has less screen time than that. However, on the flip side all the other DLC stories are more "important" to the story, while Hunter's is really just him trying to get back at this one dude who was mean to him with no real attachment to the whole zombie outbreak thing.

Plus yeah, I agree with all the people saying Hunter is actually hilarious as a playable character cause he just wants to raise hell and mess stuff up.

Judge Tesla posted:

CzarChasm posted:

I love that I do still remember where to make these. The whole having to know where and how to outfit yourself every time you head out to do stuff really added to the game and it sucks that it's not really a thing in DR3.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
:siren:THE THRILLING CONCLUSION:siren:

Video 09 - DLC - Chaos Rising Part 3 [YouTube]

And this brings us to the end of Hunter's story. Satisfying, if a little predictable.

FrenzyTheKillbot fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 6, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
So is Spider X-Pac in another life or something

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Meant to ask earlier, but would you mind putting bare youtube links up as well? I ask because I like watching on my phone and it dislike Awful->Browser->YouTube for reasons.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Dammit, stop ignoring the collectables next to you and shiny things. :aagh: Also that's not how alcohol burns, that's not up to the usual standards of realism I've come to expect of the Dead Rising series!

And I like you completely forgetting that the Splitter was the boss-killer par exellans. Tsk tsk.

Still, I will miss that effeminate Southern lunatic. He was a good character.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Polyseme posted:

Meant to ask earlier, but would you mind putting bare youtube links up as well? I ask because I like watching on my phone and it dislike Awful->Browser->YouTube for reasons.

You did ask earlier and I started putting YouTube links in the OP but not the actual posts for some dumb reason I can't remember. I went back and added them now and I'll be sure to do it from now on.

edit: Actually, I may spruce up the way I post links in the next little while, and may also simplify and only link to YouTube itself. Does anyone feel strongly about the embedded Polsy page?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Personally don't know why polsy is a thing, but haven't looked into it much, usually prefer youtube since the video is usually bigger there without going fullscreen.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I like polsy if the game has a plot I care about, since people tend to put spoilers in the related video titles.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I should have mentioned this before the end of the DLC, but at some point during development the Thrasher's back wheels were made to set zombies on fire if you do donuts. I'm not sure if that actually survived until release, though.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Nalesh posted:

Personally don't know why polsy is a thing, but haven't looked into it much, usually prefer youtube since the video is usually bigger there without going fullscreen.

IIRC Polsy was popular because back in the day Youtube was screwing around with the interface and sometimes you couldn't pick resolutions and things like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ahahahahaha, Hunter was Starscream the whole time. :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It is odd that I find Hunter is... strangely camp? For a biker, I mean. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, though.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Procrastinator posted:

I should have mentioned this before the end of the DLC, but at some point during development the Thrasher's back wheels were made to set zombies on fire if you do donuts. I'm not sure if that actually survived until release, though.

:stare: Well I know what I'm trying when I get home tonight.

Scaramouche posted:

IIRC Polsy was popular because back in the day Youtube was screwing around with the interface and sometimes you couldn't pick resolutions and things like that.

Come on man, don't make me feel old. But yeah, its really nice for avoiding all the recommended videos, and comments, and upvote/downvote bar stuff.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well that DLC looked really fun. Next time this game's on sale, I think I'm going to get it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I still appreciate Polsy links because they can go HD right away whereas I gotta manually switch to it when I go to the site proper. Also I don't have to see all the vaguely related videos on the side.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

You did ask earlier and I started putting YouTube links in the OP but not the actual posts for some dumb reason I can't remember. I went back and added them now and I'll be sure to do it from now on.

edit: Actually, I may spruce up the way I post links in the next little while, and may also simplify and only link to YouTube itself. Does anyone feel strongly about the embedded Polsy page?

Sorry, wrong thread. I'm bad at checking when I have multiple ones open. Thanks for that, though.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Procrastinator posted:

So yeah, this is totally a thing. Check out the bonus video.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Video 10 - Neighbors, Nerds, and Traffic Wizards [YouTube]

Running around dressed like a lady cop and trying to help idiots be less idiotic.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So Nick is a Dragonborn now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Video 10 - Neighbors, Nerds, and Traffic Wizards [YouTube]

Running around dressed like a lady cop and trying to help idiots be less idiotic.

I'm glad those two could work out their differences and help each other through the zombie apocalypse. You know, until the entire city is firebombed.

• Locked thread