Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've kinda been at a point where I'm just replaying SoL levels I've already beaten to level up my cats. Nice to have some forward movement. I've got 46 gold treasures from future chapter 2, probably not going to try for the other two until I rack up some treasure from chapter 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Got stuck on the Silk Road - Pig Swill and haven't really had much motivation to play. BLEH. Chapter 3, come to me!!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I got stuck on that one for a while too. In fact I think I'm literally one stage ahead of you. Every stage post Great Escaper is one I get stuck on. That's why I fell out of actively playing the game.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The third future world is quite tough. Everything's buffed to hell and back, and I'm losing Bahamuts on surprisingly early stages.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, I think the best strategy is to stop when you clear Australia, and make sure you have all gold for the first treasure that increases damage against alien types.

Incidentally, the 'Jibbly Studio' combo only needs Witch Cat out of the gacha to complete it. The others are both normal cats you get by default (Bird Cat at lv. 20+10, and Titan Cat at lv. 10+). Nice chance from the '5 specific uber rares' sory of combo. It raises the Cat Cannon's power.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Good God. The boss of The Great Abyss in future chapter 3 is Alien Bun-Bun. With a Rich Cat/Sniper Cat powerup, all my anti-alien units--including Takeda Shingen, who outstrips Bahamut's DPS vs. alien units--I still barely won. Got a lovely time attack score too. Save a treasure radar for that stage folks, it is not remotely worth doing more than once.

PS: he sometimes procs a shockwave too, for that extra special little bit of 'get hosed.'

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:catstare: good lord how are you there already?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Because I've been playing this dumb game long enough to have the maximum (currently) possible stamina, and the individual stages don't take long. They do however seem to balanced around the assumption you've got both true forms and all the crazed cats. /r/Battlecats had people talking about the ch. 3 moon like an hour after the update dropped so I can console myself with that at least. :v:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im at great abyss too, and i think i have a decent chance of clearing it without using items, but only because i have castaway cat and akira for maximal stopping power. of course, I haven't beaten it yet, since if bun bun gets a shockwave on the first attack youre pretty much screwed regardless

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I am trying to look for an answer to this but I can't find one anywhere. I'm stuck on Chapter 2 of Into The Future the Las Vegas level. I can't do anything against the Shadow Boxer K's that spawn VERY early in the game. I could spam walla cats/crazed wall cats but I get no offense, I could build offense but then they get killed instantly. I have anti-black cats Plane Cat, Cat Eastwood, and Cooldown Cat, but they don't do much. What should I do?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Use a Rich Cat powerup, and a 3rd meat shield--Crazed Macho, for preference. That should allow you to build up your money while still maintaining a solid defense. Send out a Dragon Cat whenever you can afford it and stack those until you start to knock off the Shadow Boxers. If that doesn't work try Bahamut.

I know there's that ingrained gamer impulse to avoid using power-ups but stages like this are the reason they exist, and it's not like they're hard to replace. Unfortunately the black kangaroos in particular attack so fast that most of your anti-blacks won't survive long enough to attack. Cat Eastwood might if you have a solid defensive line already but he's single target only so you want as many of him out there as you can manage.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Anyone got tips for Future Chapter 3: Greenland? I keep getting my rear end handed to me by those goddamn alien bears.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

Anyone got tips for Future Chapter 3: Greenland? I keep getting my rear end handed to me by those goddamn alien bears.

NM, got this one locked down. I just beat Brazil Chapter 3 today, and it is extremely satisfying to go back to Chapter 2 and absolutely demolish the last few levels. Floating Continent and Moon give crazy amounts of XP and are beatable within a minute, maybe two.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

NM, got this one locked down. I just beat Brazil Chapter 3 today, and it is extremely satisfying to go back to Chapter 2 and absolutely demolish the last few levels. Floating Continent and Moon give crazy amounts of XP and are beatable within a minute, maybe two.

Yo post your cats (to beat the level). Also post your actual cats.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i've cleared into the future chapter three, although only because i got lucky gacha drops (i have surfer cat and akira, which both freeze aliens with area attacks). It's probably possible without those two as long as you max out the +attack treasures, but it's not easy. Floating Continent chapter 3 spawns nimoy boars every 30 seconds or so when the boss trigger happens.

awakened bahamut cat is real nice. the tradeoff is massively increased speed and attack speed, with minimal range. it also gets a ton of knockbacks, which is good because knockbacks reset its attack. it doesn't last as long as original form, but it can break through a lot of irritating bosses like camille and master a with its faster attack.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo post your cats (to beat the level). Also post your actual cats.

Uhhhhhhh honestly I don't remember. I do remember feeling like "hey I have no idea why that worked this time and not the hundred other times I've tried", though, so some element of luck was definitely involved. The only ubers I have are Thundia, Asilan Pasalan, and Balalan Pasalan, but I can't remember for sure which ones I used. I vaguely remember using Balalan Pasalan on this level a number of times, but I can't remember if he was in there when I actually beat it.

I just tried Ch. 3 Floating Continent, and got my rear end destroyed. Two of the alien Bores and a whole menagerie of other nasty crap all at once. Ouch.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Three. There are actually 3 Nimoy Bores on that stage, God help us. :mrapig:

I had a harder time with the Floating Continent than I did with the goddamn Moon. Hands down, the most important thing for clearing Future chapter 3 is collecting all gold for the treasures that increase damage against aliens. If you're playing without any anti-alien Gacha cats, pretty sure you'll need most of the Crazed/True form cats too.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've got gold on all anti-alien treasures, so I'm good there. Not much in the way of anti-alien cats though. I've got Solar Cat at 30+4, but he just seems to get whacked before he does much damage most of the time. Got most of the crazed and true forms though, so it might be possible. Right now I'm mainly revisiting Ch. 2 to farm XP to get all of my Trues up to 20.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Solar Cat sounds good on paper, but after testing it he gets outranged by most of the really dangerous aliens and his HP is too low to tank hits and get an attack off. Nimoy Bores should be an ideal match-up for him but more than one will almost certainly tear through your frontline.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do you have any general guidelines for Floating Continent? Just meatwall + high damage?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

For general strategies I always start with Nurse Wuffa's vids. Note that whenever they're using a basic or evolved form instead of a true form, it's because that shortens the cooldown. They're not using any Gacha units, but you may not have Ururun Cat yet--it's acquired by completing the Great Escaper stage in Stories of Legend. (Use a Treasure Radar for this, because it's a goddamned 1% drop rate.)

However, because True Valkyre's freeze & Ururun's knockback isn't guaranteed it may very well take a few tries. Part of the reason the gold treasures are so important is that the added damage cuts back on the length of time you're at the mercy of the RNG.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 13, 2016

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Don't know why it didn't occur to me to see if Wuffa had a video out for that level.

I do have Ururun, but only at level 17. I'm sort of at a spot now where I've got a lot of nice powerful units, but I got them all at once so few of them are levelled up to their max levels.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just beet Chapter 3, and holy loly Awakened Bahamut fucks poo poo up like crazy.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

I just beet Chapter 3, and holy loly Awakened Bahamut fucks poo poo up like crazy.

Further on this: with Awakened Bahamut I have just been destroying the time goals on the earlier Into The Future levels, and also just blasting through some of the 2- and 3-star SoL levels. Been just racking up cat food and money like nobody's business; seriously a lot of these levels are basically "save up 4500, release awakened bahamut, level over within 30 seconds".

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Is Dr. Mekako beefy enough to take a few hits from the big guys in Chapter 3?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I just found out there are both tits and anime in this game :colbert:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There wasn't any when this topic was made and then the bastards patched it in like literally a week later :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It was like days after and it was hilarious but it's all right because the galaxy gals own.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Cryohazard posted:

Is Dr. Mekako beefy enough to take a few hits from the big guys in Chapter 3?
Guaranteed to survive at least one because of the resolve effect. If she's at a high enough level, she can tank but the likes of Symbiote BunBun attack so fast it's not enough by itself. Still gonna need meat shield spam. Though you can also boost the damage reduction with certain cat combos; Artist Cat + Michaelangelo Cat is the easiest to get.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Okay that new Oncoming Storm level is just ridiculous.

e: Oh maybe I just need to level up Sadako a bit more. Seems quite promising.

e2: Didn't even need to level up Sadako (he's at 19). Turns out that's one of those levels that's quite easy once you figure out the right strategy. Just spam Sadako constantly, then Jamiera and Crazed Bahamut when the cyclone is slowed down.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 2, 2016

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Trig Discipline posted:

Okay that new Oncoming Storm level is just ridiculous.

e: Oh maybe I just need to level up Sadako a bit more. Seems quite promising.

e2: Didn't even need to level up Sadako (he's at 19). Turns out that's one of those levels that's quite easy once you figure out the right strategy. Just spam Sadako constantly, then Jamiera and Crazed Bahamut when the cyclone is slowed down.

This worked perfectly. I wouldn't have even given this a shot without this post A+

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I haven't seen anyone mention the 3.6 update, so if you haven't grabbed it yet make sure you do so; lotta good stuff in this one.
  • Cat Guide: It's like the enemy encyclopedia! But for cats! Well and good, but the real advantage is that you get 5 cat food for each entry (evolutions don't count). If you've beaten chapters 1-3, that's like 60 free cat food by itself.
  • New SoL Stage: it's like the 27th one, which means 99% of players will never reach it but it's there. Hell, I'm not that far and I've had the game like 2 years.
  • New Cyclone: No continues allowed, but Kotatsu/Sadako Cat utterly trivializes it. Chance for new unit, Tornado Cat, to drop.
  • Stage Guides: Tapping the '...' next to a level's name will bring up a summary of each stage, along with the possible drop and its rarity.
  • Coming Soon: true form stages for Adult Cat, Doll Cats, Evil Cat & Maiden Cat; new cats in the gacha, featuring the Almighty series and a new Dark Hero.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Almighty series is up? Anyways, I've been hoarding silver tickets which I just turned to 3 gold tickets and the 2 free tickets (+ the 30CF roll) means I had 6 rolls to use up chasing yet another super uber rare.

Welp! That's super uber rare #10. Long range attacker that deals massive damage to aliens? Yeah this baby just got to the top of priority list.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Almighty series is up? Anyways, I've been hoarding silver tickets which I just turned to 3 gold tickets and the 2 free tickets (+ the 30CF roll) means I had 6 rolls to use up chasing yet another super uber rare.

Welp! That's super uber rare #10. Long range attacker that deals massive damage to aliens? Yeah this baby just got to the top of priority list.

Screw you buddy, I just rolled 12 gold tickets and got dick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

Screw you buddy, I just rolled 12 gold tickets and got dick.

If it makes you feel any better, her "long range" is actually super poo poo. I took her out for a spin against the new cyclone and it hits her before she even tries to attack so her "range" is probably closer to Bahamut. I only had enough XP to get her to level 9 so maybe her evolved form has better range?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of, something in the new updates said that Nerd/Hacker now has higher attack power? Pretty great if true.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite and Mekako just carried me (easily) through Ch 2 Moon. Holy Valkyrie Cat is mine! Still only up to 29/48 on gold treasures on the chapter but I can now work on the new chapter.

I'm time glitching to a ton of XP to get these super ubers leveled up too. God I hate leveling poo poo up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This game has godfests now!!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone still play this? 5.0 is out. There's a new mini game thing.

Also a bunch of ubers got true forms.

Neither of the 10 ubers I have did :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've mainly been logging on to get my tickets and that's it, but yay new content!

• Locked thread