Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I need more cat capsules. Are the stories of legend where they can drop? Also, has anyone gotten a cat capsule for a special or better cat?

I got the rare witch cat from the 50k likes giveaway. It says she can slow red enemies. Don't know if I'll use her yet, especially with regular cats at lvl max+.

My code is nhsd2 if you still need one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007

harmless_fun posted:

I need more cat capsules. Are the stories of legend where they can drop? Also, has anyone gotten a cat capsule for a special or better cat?

I just got a cat base message that says you can get cat tickets from stages that offer them. Then it told me to google for more information about cat ticket chances stages. Googling didn't really help much; there are stages with chances of dropping tickets in the japanese version, but no info on the english one.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I've got gold treasures 48/48, 48/48, and 17/48 with all of stage 3 except Moon having some lvl of treasure. Still haven't beaten Moon, just haven't found the right strategy yet.

Has anyone finished Loving Labour? Is Value of Last Minute the last stage? I've been doing the Legend Begins too and no cat tickets yet.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I finished the Legend Begins (Sleeping Lion is the last stage) and got 30 cat food. Had a new enemy show up, Doge Dark. There were at least 3, but I had plenty of Whale and Dragon cats by then and they went down quick.

A new set of stages called Passion Land have now appeared.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
Haha! I just beat Moon Chapter 3! Did you know that there is a limit to how many cats can be on screen? I got the "can't deploy more cats" warning like 20 times. Didn't get a medal, so I'll have to try again.

Thanks for the tip on Wall cat spamage, Meep. I used him (at +1) with Brave+1, Sexy Legs+4, Giraffe, Whale, Dragon, Titan for regular cats and Valkyrie, Fortune Teller+1, and Sadako for rare cats.

Gonna go try that strategy on Loving Labour now.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I beat Moon for the second time and I got the gold treasure. Was still having problems with Loving Labour, but this video helped me. My timing was off and now it's a piece of cake.

For those that are farther along, isn't max energy supposed to be 500? I've got all the gold treasures for energy, but I'm only up to 480. I'm guessing it's because my cat energy skill is only +1.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I couldn't get the 500 cat food offer to show up in Battle Cats or the Tapjoy app. It was the big headline ad at the Tapjoy.com site though.

Rare:
Wheel Cat
Salon Cat x2
Shaman Cat x2 (already had him)
Archer Cat
Thief Cat
Fortune Teller Cat (already had him at Max+1)

Super Rare:
Kotatsu Cat (already had him at Max)
Swimmer Cat

So, no luck for me with getting Nekoluga. I've got all the gold treasures now, so I'm working my way through the Stories of Legend.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I just got up to Cave Fillet. It looks real tough. I got Kuu from the waifu event free ticket. She's good against black/red enemies. I also got Coppermine with cat food; she can stop floating enemies.

Right now, they're both at lvl 7. I'm gonna level up Coppermine some and use her to replace Valkyrie. Hopefully, this will make Bun Bun less dangerous. I've also got Sadako (Kotatsu) which takes reduced damage from floating, but I don't know how useful that will be. I'm also considering leveling up Swimmer (currently lvl 1) since it deals massive damage to floating.

What loadouts are you guys using on Cave Fillet?

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I did a great offer yesterday for 361 cat food from the Tapjoy website. I installed a free trial for videos/games app for toddlers called PlayKids Premium. As soon as I got it, I turned off auto renewal on my phone and double checked on my computer.

If anyone wants to look for it, it has an icon of a cat?dog? wearing a blue engineer's cap (it has a train theme).

I've gotten well over 2000 cat food in the last couple of weeks from offers. Most apps only require an install and then running it for a few minutes. Heck, I just do it while checking email. I even learned a new card game from one of the apps.

In cat news, I got repeats from all my reduced price cat pulls. But it did get Salon and Fisherman to +3. I beat Crimson Catastrophe with help from Fisherman, Swimmer (only lvl 9), and Kotatsu. I was even able to put two anti-floating waifus out at once. You really can't rely on Dragon cats for this stage. Those floating red heads are just too tough and fast. Unfortunately, I did not get Space Cat.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007

trucutru posted:

So... swimmer or kotatsu? on which one do I waste my XP?

I leveled kotatsu first because it was my first good cat. However, if I had the choice, I would have done swimmer first. Swimmer is cheaper, refreshes quicker, moves faster, and at level 9 currently, it is able to hold its own in battles with floating enemies.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I'm still playing and working on lvling up anti-floaters. Did 4 tries at the Cat Ticket Chance stage. It is just a chance to get a ticket, but I got 3 out of 4 tries so that's cool and 30 cat food for beating it the first time.

If one of you decide to do this stage, all you need is max Cow cat (no pluses needed). Rhinos, metal or normal, die fast to quick attackers. Hell, you can beat most of the regular stages with just Cow cat.

I've done about 40 rare cat pulls. I've gotten 3 uber super rares and 3 super rares.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
Flower Cat is now available to be unlocked. It is random and can take awhile.

I found the Cat Ticket Stage schedule! I think the times are in Japan standard time. If I'm right, that would make the next chance appear at 5am eastern time today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I'm holding out on doing any more pulls until the Dynamites event is over. I got Vars (uber rare dragon knight) from the Xmas free pull, so I have something for black enemies now.

The event stage was really easy and doable with the basic cats. Just be sure to spam wall cats to protect your dragon cats and save up for Bahamut for the later stages.

• Locked thread