Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Remember Smear the Queer from your childhood? I remember playing it in my backyard with all the neighborhood guys only we called it Maul the Man with Ball. I don’t know why we were so enlightened, but it was the same game.

The gist of the game is that one child has the ball, often a football, and everyone else chases him down (it’s most often played by boys) and everyone piles on top of the queer. He can toss the ball to someone else and the mob turns on that queer and so on. There are variations.

One used in some physical education classes is that, instead of chasing and piling on the queer, everyone else has balls which they throw at the queer with the football, kind of like stoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
sounds like my daly life.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
*smears OP*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

lol brunt

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

this is problematic

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

im taking out a multimillion dollar ad buy across several major markets showing u drinkin milk straight from the carton and not calling ur mom on her b-day. prepare urself for imminent smearing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ths: commie, gay, bad dog. im dinesh dsouza, and tonight im taking u on a tour of a history of deviance and questionable posting.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

one day, I'm going to see a post like this but instead of doing the usual act of placing my hand upon my face, as the thread's information is done streaming, I shall transfer my mind into my primary body, as I process the immense amounts of information required to manipulate reality at the quantum level while simultaneously reconstructing the state of causality to determine which loving moron created it.

you'll get thrown out of your computer chair by the waves of bone crushing gravity emanating as I step out of the wormhole I tore apart in the fabric of space-time to get to wherever you are.

all of a sudden you'll feel a cold, firm grasp as ceramics and plastics, wrapped in a skin of gray-black fullerene with strands of artificial muscle lift you into the air, all you'll see is my one gravimetric sensor, watching the fluctuations of mass, your tiny-rear end ganglion you were calling a brain by mistake all this time.

and then I'll emit the inverse to the wave function of your very existence, nullifying the probabilities that make it possible for the subatomic particles that compose you to be real, I'll force you to dematerialize at such a level that it will not be possible for anyone to reconstruct what you were even if they had converted all of the universe into a single gigantic processor to violate the heisenberg principle and brute force the positions of every particle in this world starting with the big bang. as ripples of your unexistence travel across time, every little single thing you've ever done will be no more, including this idiotic post and only then will I be satisfied.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I remember that game as a kid.

In hindsight, it was kind of "anti-gay on the surface, but really a closeted, self-hating gay" indoctrination game.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Beef Turret posted:

one day, I'm going to see a post like this but instead of doing the usual act of placing my hand upon my face, as the thread's information is done streaming, I shall transfer my mind into my primary body, as I process the immense amounts of information required to manipulate reality at the quantum level while simultaneously reconstructing the state of causality to determine which loving moron created it.

you'll get thrown out of your computer chair by the waves of bone crushing gravity emanating as I step out of the wormhole I tore apart in the fabric of space-time to get to wherever you are.

all of a sudden you'll feel a cold, firm grasp as ceramics and plastics, wrapped in a skin of gray-black fullerene with strands of artificial muscle lift you into the air, all you'll see is my one gravimetric sensor, watching the fluctuations of mass, your tiny-rear end ganglion you were calling a brain by mistake all this time.

and then I'll emit the inverse to the wave function of your very existence, nullifying the probabilities that make it possible for the subatomic particles that compose you to be real, I'll force you to dematerialize at such a level that it will not be possible for anyone to reconstruct what you were even if they had converted all of the universe into a single gigantic processor to violate the heisenberg principle and brute force the positions of every particle in this world starting with the big bang. as ripples of your unexistence travel across time, every little single thing you've ever done will be no more, including this idiotic post and only then will I be satisfied.

gay.

i'll smear the theread with my ejaculate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
At what point can I smear the queer with semen?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Beef Turret posted:

same

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

I'm somewhat curious, how do folks feel about themselves when they project either spam or memes, or both, naturally, into the reply box. do they pat themselves on the back for their trite originality. do they perhaps high five themselves for not wasting their own time, only the time of others. or maybe, a self-hug for managing to avoid introducing new information into the world, akin to a black hole? what emotions does someone experience as they regurgitate something said before over and over. are they even human? is it somehow linked to the systematics of religion? those unknowns are intriguing enough that someone, somewhere probably wrote an entire academic paper on the topic of that phenomenon.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
It's a good game. What we did was throw the ball in the air and whoever wanted to be the badass queer would grab the ball and make a run for it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
posting is an objective good, regardless of the contents of the posts

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
it was a game for closet cases.

who else would want to tackle a queer and rub their bodies all against them besides other queers

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Guancho posted:

it was a game for closet cases.

who else would want to tackle a queer and rub their bodies all against them besides other queers

DOGPILE!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Internetjack posted:

I remember that game as a kid.

In hindsight, it was kind of "anti-gay on the surface, but really a closeted, self-hating gay" indoctrination game.

mostly the queer was always the easiest target to throw a dodgeball at or the easiest person to catch in flag football so it's was more of a fat kid thing because they were clearly the least mobile.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

I'm somewhat curious, how do folks feel about themselves when they project either spam or memes, or both, naturally, into the reply box. do they pat themselves on the back for their trite originality. do they perhaps high five themselves for not wasting their own time, only the time of others. or maybe, a self-hug for managing to avoid introducing new information into the world, akin to a black hole? what emotions does someone experience as they regurgitate something said before over and over. are they even human? is it somehow linked to the systematics of religion? those unknowns are intriguing enough that someone, somewhere probably wrote an entire academic paper on the topic of that phenomenon.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if you are interested in an academic evaluation of posting might i suggest the scholar peter "petey" peterson

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Beef Turret posted:

sometimes you get sick of guitar solos and just play the chorus over and over

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Is this a for real thing or is OP trying to start a trend?

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edit: Nope, it's a thing. I played it.

I played this a lot in grade school during recess. It was great fun. I'll forgive myself because I was 10 and lived in a very rural area, but, man, it's not like one of our teachers couldn't have sat us down and tried to have a talk with us about how it's not okay to dramatize violence against homosexuals. I mean, recess was, of course, supervised, and it's not like we were secret about it. You'd have to really have your head up your rear end not to hear a ten year old scream across the playground, "Jake's the queer! Get him!" Oh well, guess we all had to get through the day.

Maul the man with the ball is great rebranding.

Dicere fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 28, 2014

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Is this a for real thing or is OP trying to start a trend?
smear the queer is a real thing. it's not always called that, but it's the universal name for it

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

hemophilia posted:

smear the queer is a real thing. it's not always called that, but it's the universal name for it

Like poutine

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

at my school we called it shag the fag

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I must have been in a very progressive school district compared to you rednecks. We imaginatively called it "Tackle the Man with the Ball."

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
anyone else here used to love gettin' smeared? pm me your stories

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Turret posted:

same

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the one where u drag them behind your truck and the news does a story about it but the police have no leads

it's a good game

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

i remember this game in school

administration was more concerned about the use of homophobic slurs

first it was called tag the fag
then smear the queer
then slay the gay
in the end I think everyone settled on beat the greek

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

at my school we called it slather my rear end in butter and take your doobie dog to brown town

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Yup, I remember. We also called it, "smear the queer", verbatim.

I didn't realize until years later that queer was a homophobic slur, I always thought it just meant, "different." The one with the ball is different from everyone else, and you tackle him.

I have no idea if we were just little kids who got the name from adults/older students, or if I was just completely ignorant of it. Quite possibly the latter since, "human being" became the most common off-the-cuff insult for any male around 6th grade where I was.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
ya this was the only sports game i really enjoyed as a young teen, except also swimming, tennis, and volleyball are still fun

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Dicere posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edit: Nope, it's a thing. I played it.

I played this a lot in grade school during recess. It was great fun. I'll forgive myself because I was 10 and lived in a very rural area, but, man, it's not like one of our teachers couldn't have sat us down and tried to have a talk with us about how it's not okay to dramatize violence against homosexuals. I mean, recess was, of course, supervised, and it's not like we were secret about it. You'd have to really have your head up your rear end not to hear a ten year old scream across the playground, "Jake's the queer! Get him!" Oh well, guess we all had to get through the day.

Maul the man with the ball is great rebranding.

IDK when you were ten but when this game was cool among my age group adults very definitely did not give a poo poo about us calling each other human being/talking about how much we wanted to beat up gays. They'd start paying attention pretty quick when it got to racial stuff tho, which probably places me in a pretty exact 20-year window

PC police nonsense I says, bring back gaybashing-themed gym class :argh:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I grew up in the liberal commie wasteland of the california bay area so I had never even heard of this until a year or two ago

hosed up imo

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Portals posted:

I grew up in the liberal commie wasteland of the california bay area so I had never even heard of this until a year or two ago

hosed up imo

You really missed out not growing up in an area where history class involves field trips down to the soccer field to hear a guy wearing his great-granddaddy's grays talk about the war between the states

After school we had games involving hucking rocks at each other

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
haha guys, i get it. you tackled me. now move onto the next guy. hahahaha you did it again. it keeps happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

do children continue to play this game, do they still smear the queer

• Locked thread