Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Wow. That's insane. Not the whole "Getting your suitcase stolen in Queen St. Station" thing, that's perfectly plausible. But the rest of it? :psyduck:

I particularly admired the cunning subtlety of the writers and their "Dear Nancy Drew, this is a photograph of your mother, Kate Drew, who was your mother and gave birth to you, her daughter" shtick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Plot twist: Revenant is in fact Alec -- the owner of a local fish and chip shop, desperate to drive Nancy Drew round the bend so she goes out seeking comfort food and ends up calling in at his his shop for a fish supper. He gives her back her suitcase if she buys a deep-fried Mars Bar as dessert.

EDIT:

vvvvv Those bastards!

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 28, 2014

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
"Destabilize the governmental power of the greater Glasgow region".

The evil terrorist master-plot is to give Glasgow Council a cold. So, uh, what? Roadworks take a little longer? The bins don't get emptied properly? Some housing developer has to wait a couple extra weeks? :xd:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, it's a kid's(?) game, so the stakes can't be too high.

Yeah, I get that. I'm mainly amused by how the (I assume) American assumptions of civic structure fail to translate to the reality of the UK.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Wait, euros? The hell is MI5 doing handing out euros in Scotland?

Initiative test?

"Here is your foreign-currency stipend, American girl. Can you find a way to exchange it for some haggis before you starve?"

Or maybe Scotland actually voted in favour of leaving the UK in this timeline.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Some stories run on dumb assumptions, but kinda make sense when those assumptions are allowed. Others are dumb on a number of levels. Then, every so often, you come across a story that's truly dumb on every level. No matter how narrow you focus in, it's dumb. If you pull back to a broad overview, it's still dumb, often for entirely different reasons. Even moment to moment, the flow of events is dumb. This game possesses that rare quality of truly fractal stupidity. I'm impressed.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I think I've got it figured out.

Nancy is in the grip of a colossal psychotic break. She's actually locked in a very soft room somewhere in upstate New York, completely catatonic, whilst she hallucinates mad free-association bullshit loosely themed around the world's most grossly incompetent spies set within a reality inspired by a brochure she once saw about Scotland put together by Jack Chick to warn the righteous of Satan's glee at the existence of haggis and whiskey.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Alright, so I can get that she tied her hair up tight underneath a red wig, but when and why did she switch out her dress, her makeup, and even her complexion?

Fractal. Stupidity.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

I read that as "bone drugs". It says something that it didn't seem out of place until a minute or two later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

corn in the bible posted:

so please support Her Interactive so they can make more masterpieces

Hahahahahaha.
No.

• Locked thread