Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

All right, hang on.

The case file in Nancy's hotel room says that she was lured by Revenant to the hotel (falsely claiming to be MI5) for some unknown purpose....but this case file was presumably given to her by MI5 and looks identical to the paper used to bring her there in the first place. But MI5 has a case file in her room before she arrives and she's called and told to look for it....

So either MI5 found out that Revenant stole their letterhead and snuck into her assigned room to give her documents revealing what happened and had Ewan call her when she arrived to make sure she found it, or this whole thing is a massive Revenant plot where they're loving with her by pretending to be MI5 finding out about their bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Picayune posted:

This looks semi-terrible in the best possible way. :allears:

This is exactly why I'm sticking with this LP.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

Bridgette: You say that now, but I can tell we’re going to be friends. Or enemies. Either way, get used to this face right here.

Nancy: Do you work, or go to school, or... what do you do?

Bridgette: You think I’m from Glasgow! That’s glorious!

Bridgette is completely insane.

Edit: Also the "Wouldn't you like to know more?" makes me think that this is actually the Starship Troopers timeline and we're going to see Nancy getting tied to a post and whipped in front of all of Glasgow later on.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 29, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Picayune posted:

Did Bridget really just say 'teach me your ways'? This dialogue! :psyduck:

It flows so badly, too. It's like they took a random sentence generator and put stuff in sequence if they thought it worked.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nancy's a poo poo spy, but Bridgette and Alec are even worse. Alec didn't even try to keep up any sort of cover (probably wants to feel like a mysterious badass) and Bridgette comes off as completely insane. Probably because, again, the dialogue all sounds like a random sentence generator.

Also I love Moira's "You're American, so I'll give you simple names" thing. I didn't think fudge had a gibberish or rhyming slang term in Scotland.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

That poem is confusing. I prefer haiku. Easier to understand.

Did nobody bother to tell the writers that haiku are 5-7-5, not 7-5-7?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ewan is the personification of :spergin:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Can you conclusively prove that this game was not made by space aliens?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

Don’t forgive me. Get angry, and leave and go home. Hi.

I'm sorry, what was that?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, the diary found in the safe is unusually well-written and humorous compared to the rest of the game. It's like it was transplanted from somewhere else entirely.

Either that or it's a relic from a time before the entire development team was massacred and replaced by vat-grown clones of Ed Wood.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

Nancy’s plan of wandering around like an idiot and talking candidly to obvious spies is, indeed, completely inscrutable.

It's like the classic martial arts trick: act like an amateur who doesn't know what he's doing. Experts will have prepared to counter experts, but an amateur without a clue is inscrutable and dangerous.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

Also, there's currently a Nancy Drew sale on Steam. You cannot buy the most recent titles, but you can pick up the one in which Nancy Drew is framed for arson

I love the dialogue options in the first pic in their gallery.

"Hey.

Bye."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

the NANCY DREW GAMES WIKI

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I back up my documents and photos, just not my raw footage for screencaps of a Nancy Drew videogame. The saddest thing about this is you all won't get to see Nancy Drew defuse bombs with her knowledge of kilts.

As a fun exercise, though, try to guess how the rest of the game would play out.

Who was really working for Revenant?

Nancy.

• Locked thread