Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turnip kid
May 24, 2010
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/oct/27/mckamey-manor-extreme-haunted-house/

quote:

“I thought I was dying,” one person said in an exit interview. “You broke me,” another said. “I don’t ever want to come back.” “I am not going to be able to sleep again ever.” “I’m traumatized forever.” “I had a horrible time." “The worst thing I ever experienced."

Sounds like horrible reviews but McKamey told KPBS that he has a waiting list of 17,000 people who are at least 21 years old, in good health and ready to sign a waiver.

The cost? Designer Russ McKamey charges an entrance fee of four cans or one bag of dog food that will be donated to Operation Greyhound. And what do you get for that?

This: The experience lasts four to seven hours and starts with participants being “kidnapped” before they are bound, gagged with duct tape, drenched with blood, forced into inhabited coffins and stuffed into bloody ice chests. Oh, and their heads are padlocked into a cage. All the while, inhuman humans are in their faces, yelling, threatening and taunting.

Earlier this month two guys named Ryan and Steve, who McKamey described as “tough dudes” and "manly men," lasted about 20 minutes before they were sick to their stomachs and begging and I mean, begging to be let go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl6CGlBVpCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd1_72Pb42U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdAU-HSxRp0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

people will pay for this? to think how long ive been doing this for free :wth:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
wow 17k people waiting list, that's p nuts

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

people talking about a haunted house posted:

“I thought I was dying,” one person said in an exit interview. “You broke me,” another said. “I don’t ever want to come back.” “I am not going to be able to sleep again ever.” “I’m traumatized forever.” “I had a horrible time." “The worst thing I ever experienced."
americans.txt

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
bag of dog food cheaper than a plane ticket to the caliphate i suppose

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i liked the part where they wanted to leave and they weren't allowed to leave

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Here's a girl having a legit. nervous breakdown at 4 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhXw1wEKRIs

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

wow 17k people waiting list, that's p nuts
A whole lot of Alpo.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
sounds like your mom is going to eat good, op

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Anyone who would legit consider actually doing this either has no idea what they're getting into or needs serious professional help, goddamn.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

epic

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
yes, let's willingly inflict psychological damage on ourselves.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

down n out posted:

yes, let's willingly inflict psychological damage on ourselves.

:10:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
people are loving dumb

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Action Yak Police posted:

Anyone who would legit consider actually doing this either has no idea what they're getting into or needs serious professional help, goddamn.

22,000 person waiting list.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Looks dumb as poo poo, really.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I don't understand how these guys afford to operate if they're not charging money. Handling uh, "guests" for an 8 hour stretch, I guess they have a tremendous number of unpaid people working full time doing this poo poo. Are all the people working the show paying for all the supplies and props out of their own pockets?

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
In an interview I read, the owner said he streams footage to people in Vegas. He didn't say who they were. That seems kind of bogus, but I have no idea how else he'd fund this.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't understand how these guys afford to operate if they're not charging money. Handling uh, "guests" for an 8 hour stretch, I guess they have a tremendous number of unpaid people working full time doing this poo poo. Are all the people working the show paying for all the supplies and props out of their own pockets?

I bet they are operating pro-boner. ;)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

thanks op for this raging hard on these videos provided

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Yeah, I really like the bald tough guy with the beard breaking down. Gave me a nice thrill. Four Cans of Alpo out of Five.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I could probably deal with it . but i dont want to

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
What do you think they did to beard to make him cry so kuch

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Azerban posted:

i liked the part where they wanted to leave and they weren't allowed to leave

uhhhhh im not 100% on this but im pretty sure you cant waive your rights to not be held against your will

e. unless youre like being committed or something. maybe these dudes are registered as a sanitarium for legal purposes.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 30, 2014

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Why not just go to boot camp for a similar experience?

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

uhhhhh im not 100% on this but im pretty sure you cant waive your rights to not be held against your will

e. unless youre like being committed or something. maybe these dudes are registered as a sanitarium for legal purposes.

people say it's b'cos they only charge a can of alpo to get in, so they can get away with stuff businesses can't

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
in the 2013 vid a guy got punched. doesnt seem like a very good time to me.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lil mortimer posted:

people say it's b'cos they only charge a can of alpo to get in, so they can get away with stuff businesses can't

lol theyre going to get brutally slaughtered by high powered injury attorneys with chrome teeth

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pussies

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I wonder how many of their customers are masochists.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress is that legal and how are they in business. Waivers can only waive so much, I can't understand how they could possibly do all of that with no safe words, no way out, and no lawsuits after. Especially as it's apparently run by volunteers (the cans of admission being the price) they've got to legit have pyschos and a lot of weird people doing the 'scares' for sexual stuff. Also massive sanitary issues...

Actually this being America, I'm shocked an attorney hasn't done it just so they could sue them already.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Kinda want to try this on mushrooms

Acid probably a bit much

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Sound posted:

Kinda want to try this on mushrooms

Acid probably a bit much
Being locked in a freezer while on shrooms seems like a good isea

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Well, guess I found out something new to jerk off to.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Fishy Joe posted:

bag of dog food cheaper than a plane ticket to the caliphate i suppose

Just swing down to Mexico. You got only fairly lovely odds you'll get beheaded.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

lil mortimer posted:

Here's a girl having a legit. nervous breakdown at 4 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhXw1wEKRIs

lol

I think the hosts just want to abuse people legally

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
wtf is an inhabited coffin

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Helical Nightmares posted:

Why not just go to boot camp for a similar experience?

I didn't think boot camp was that big of a deal and don't think this would be either. In fact, boot camp sucked mostly because they had us do a bunch of stupid mundane poo poo. I guess this would be bad if they finally get you to where you start to think that maybe they are really killing people that volunteer or something.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

THE PENETRATOR posted:

in the 2013 vid a guy got punched. doesnt seem like a very good time to me.

Oooookay, that I wouldn't be cool with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ramsus posted:

I didn't think boot camp was that big of a deal and don't think this would be either. In fact, boot camp sucked mostly because they had us do a bunch of stupid mundane poo poo. I guess this would be bad if they finally get you to where you start to think that maybe they are really killing people that volunteer or something.

isnt there a miltiary version of this called SERE

• Locked thread