Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Andrew Jackson was the best president the USA has ever had. Here is a small list of his accomplishments:

1. Literally conquered Florida and drove out the Spanish.

2. Attacked and destroyed an English army despite the fact that the war we were fighting against them was over.

3. Stopped the civil war from happening in the 1830s by saying totally sweet things like "if one drop of blood be shed [in South Carolina] in defiance of the laws of the United States, I will hang the first man of them I can get my hands on to the first tree I can find."

4. Reduced the federal budget to its lowest level in history.

5. Not a big fan of Cherokee Indians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
6. Ended the Fed.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

7. drank hard, lived hard

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
sure, if you're a white nerd

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

8. died with like 50 bullets in him

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

9. owned a lot of black people

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gaunab posted:

sure, if you're a white nerd

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
10. Dead and gy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

11. made a cannon from an alligator

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Had he finished the job there would be no redskins controversy

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
12. Was the first president to have killed someone up close, and was the last to do so until Calvin Coolidge.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

13. invented the cotton gin

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
14. Someone once accused Andrew Jackson of cheating on a bet so he straight up killed him in a duel

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
15. Was the first president to experiment with his sexuality.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

16. was the first president to pardon a turkey

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
17. Was the first president that wasn't an aristocrat

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
18. Tested the first laser pistol.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
"The bank, Mr. Van Buren, is trying to kill me, but I will kill it." - Andrew Jackson

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

19. allied with literal caribbean pirates to kill a shitload of british people

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
20. While technically not the first president to be silenced and replaced with a doppelganger, as this occurred after he had left office, he was still the first person targeted under Operation TRIPLET.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
21. Killed a time traveler

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

19. allied with literal caribbean pirates to kill a shitload of british people

22. Got scars after telling a british officer to suck a bag of dicks after being ordered to clean the guy's boots

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it's sad that society has pussified to the extent that senile old men demented by syphilis who attack people with a loving stick randomly during sudden bouts of rage do not rule over us anymore

thank feminism.......

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
23. Attacked a place called "Negro Fort" in Florida

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
24. You forgot the part where a man tried to assassinate him with a double shot tiny pistol.

Andrew Jackson death stared him down while the man fired two shots at him, both failing to actually shoot. He just continued to look at the man with disgust.

E:
He then proceeded to beat the man with his cane almost killing him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysK4aZljvo0

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 29, 2014

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Al Borland posted:

24. You forgot the part where a man tried to assassinate him with a double shot tiny pistol.

Andrew Jackson death stared him down while the man fired two shots at him, both failing to actually shoot. He just continued to look at the man with disgust.

25. Similarly, in a duel he let his opponent shoot first, tanked the bullet and then killed his opponent with his first shot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al Borland posted:

Afterwards, due to public curiosity concerning the double misfires, the pistols were tested and retested. Each time they performed perfectly. Many believed that Jackson had been protected by the same Providence that they believed also protected their young nation. The incident became a part of the Jacksonian mythos.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
26. Washington, D.C. is named after President Jackson.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

Afterwards, due to public curiosity concerning the double misfires, the pistols were tested and retested. Each time they performed perfectly. Many believed that Jackson had been protected by the same Providence that they believed also protected their young nation. The incident became a part of the Jacksonian mythos.

I left out the part where he then proceeded to beat the motherfucker almost to death with his cane.

That'd be #27

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
From a history book:

... A warrant was immediately issued for the arrest of Russel Bean. Word got to Sheriff Crouch that Bean was calmly
sitting in front of his cabin with weapons about him and threatening to kill any man who would come near
his cabin and try to take him. Crouch tried to get a posse of men together but no one dared go with him.
Crouch went to Jackson to report on the situation. Jackson angrily ordered Crouch to "Summon every man
in the court house to bring Bean in dead or alive." Sheriff Crouch responded "Then I summon your honor
first!" Jackson called a recess of the court, grabbed a loaded pistol exclaiming, "By the Eternal, I'll bring
him!” Crouch led Jackson out to Bean’s cabin. Jackson yelled to Bean "Surrender you infernal villain, this
very instant, or I'll blow you through!" Terrified by the determined look and flashing eye of Jackson, Bean
surrendered immediately without a struggle, and was taken into court. Bean would later explain that he
could see that Jackson had the look of a man ready to kill.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

3. Stopped the civil war from happening in the 1830s by saying totally sweet things like "if one drop of blood be shed [in South Carolina] in defiance of the laws of the United States, I will hang the first man of them I can get my hands on to the first tree I can find."

yeah but then he appointed Taney to the SCOTUS

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

From a history book:

"By the Eternal, I'll bring
him!”

Requesting photoshop of Andrew Jackson as the WH 40k emperor.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the song mrs. jackson is about him post-op

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
28. Jackson could not tell a lie unless he had a gun on his person.

29. Jackson invented "concealed carry".

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
30. Travelled the world by dirigible with his sentient teddy bear.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
Contrary to popular opinion he was neither Old nor made of Hickory.

Rodya Raskolnikov
Jun 18, 2009
Cheorkee tried to fight for the confederacy so he was just planning for the eventual battle with disunionists by removing them to Oklahoma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

31. he gave himself smallpox so he could personally walk into cherokee villages to infect and kill them all

• Locked thread