Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
Just curious, goons

CaptainButtSmack fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
poo poo, should be GBS 1.4 or whatever

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
whats' GBS

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Aatrek in drag or was he a "zhe"?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
People stopped caring about a lot of things. And if they didn't, the people that cared were drowned out by the loud not-caring of everyone else.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
the combination of the forums outages, the aatrek fiasco and the doobie kickstarter broke sa's collective mind. and lowtax just said, gently caress it let the inmates run the asylum.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the flip...?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

brick cow posted:

the combination of the forums outages, the aatrek fiasco and the doobie kickstarter broke sa's collective mind. and lowtax just said, gently caress it let the inmates run the asylum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ive been here for ten years and its best this way

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
Death by megathread pandemic.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Stone Cold Steve Austin put a curse on the hot dog thread, but it soon became more powerful than even he could control.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
gbs 1.0 was for faggots

i saw in another thread apparently people in a poll voted for more rules in this forum please don't tell me this is true

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

they did

then the most gbs 1.0 poster became a mod for like a week

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Neurosis posted:

gbs 1.0 was for faggots

i saw in another thread apparently people in a poll voted for more rules in this forum please don't tell me this is true

only 46% voted for more rules this is a myth

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

only 46% voted for more rules this is a myth

thank god

i want back the wonderland of shitposting that was gbs 2.1

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Neurosis posted:

thank god

i want back the wonderland of shitposting that was gbs 2.1

SAME, THE ONLY TH- whoops
thew only thing that I think should be bannable is goat man.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure it's because GBS 1.0 turned into this:

RSS News Story about guns or violence against women
- Million goons jumping on a gun debate
- Million goons jumping on rape debate

The cherry on top is both sides of every debate were retarded as gently caress anyway. (Yes, even the rape debate stuff ; there was a goon violently screaming without irony that if a married couple have a glass of wine without first entering into a contract to get it on beforehand, dude was totally a rapist, not even making GBS threads you).

That said, I'm glad the hammer dropped on all the racist bullshit happening here for a while. GBS 2.0 started feeling like the forums merged with Stormfront. Feels like we're finally hitting a happy medium between "flame wars over news stories time and time again" and "entertaining SA forum."

ED: Oh yeah, I forgot the endless police threads. Which pretty much also fell into the two above categories way too often.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
I disagree about the police threads, one mega thread of the police are loving horrible should be a part of sa.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
IDK this place is a lot like work, I'm always the last to find out- poo poo you wouldn't know I was even here most of the time

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

brick cow posted:

I disagree about the police threads, one mega thread of the police are loving horrible should be a part of sa.

make it in DnD, we here in GBS need cops so we have videos to laugh at

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
i was gay OP

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

mookface posted:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

VikingSkull posted:

itd be fun to have a megathread about COPS where non-COPS discussion was instaprobation/ban

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

VikingSkull posted:

wasn't there some guy who read those threads in dnd and was so poo poo scared of cops that when they wanted to talk to him about something trivial he was posting about killing himself before they came for him

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Neurosis posted:

wasn't there some guy who read those threads in dnd and was so poo poo scared of cops that when they wanted to talk to him about something trivial he was posting about killing himself before they came for him

lol

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

PatTwo posted:

Just curious, goons

You need this book

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Neurosis posted:

idk about that but a pretty cool goon ended up killing himself because cops busted a party he was at and he drunkenly shoved one of them and they were going to charge him with assaulting an office or something

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I like how everything changed really quickly. D&D-lite was really annoying, since it attracted the same sanctimonious spergs who would go insane over nothing.

brick cow posted:

"b-but stop saying me and my friends are poo poo :qq:" - GiP

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr

mookface posted:

I've been here 15 years and it's ok this way but was best when the only written rule was basically "don't be a loving idiot" and the only unwritten rule was "...or make Lowtax feel like less than a god".

You could post whatever stupid poo poo you wanted as long as it was funny, but if your post included an unironic 'lol' and some poor grammar you got banned.

It kept the actual racists and homophobes out, but you could still be racist if it was funny. The whole problem comes from actually writing the rules down rather than just letting it be "kick out people who are stupid".

People weren't turning GBS into an RSS feed because they were too busy actually creating original funny poo poo.

Moosechees fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 29, 2014

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I read through some of the old mod threads about it and the general distillation of the conversation of how gbs changed last year was:

"Lol this will be funny"

A week later:
"Ahahaha this is stupid as hell but gently caress changing it back"

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
:cripes:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

idk about that but a pretty cool goon ended up killing himself because cops busted a party he was at and he drunkenly shoved one of them and they were going to charge him with assaulting an office or something

yeah that's what i was thinking of

that is pretty loving sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3584674 (archives, probably)

This thread is extremely QCS though

• Locked thread