Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sometimes people paid to get hit in the face for a living write books. Sometimes these books are actually quite good. Here is a place to talk about some of these books and recommend poo poo. I'll try to maintain a recommendation list in the OP so do share if you think people should read something.

Naturally all books ever are on Amazon, most worth a drat are on Kindle or other eBook. Some might also be in your local library if you have one but you shouldn't use those because Lance Storm says it's basically stealing.

Recommendations

The Death of WCW (RD Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez)
Great book on WCW's rise and fall that was recently updated and re-released for its 10th aniversary. A fun read if you're not burned out on hearing how stupid WCW was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah the recently reissued and updated Death of WCW isn't perfect but is definitely worth a read if you have any interest in that era of wrestling at all.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for good books on the territory era or the Gold Dust Trio period.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Yeah the recently reissued and updated Death of WCW isn't perfect but is definitely worth a read if you have any interest in that era of wrestling at all.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for good books on the territory era or the Gold Dust Trio period.

Personal Recommendations:
Mad Dogs, Midgets and Screw Jobs by Pat Laprade
Great look at Quebec wrestling. Really knowledgeable, easy to read, paints a good picture of the territory for people who don't have extensive background knowledge of it.

Passion and Pain: The History of Stampede Wrestling by Heath McCoy
A really loving good book. Provides a good look into the Hart Family. Goes well into the entire history of Stampede. Isn't afraid to be critical. Really in-depth. I read this book in like 3 days because I couldn't put the drat thing down.

I've yet to read this book, but I've heard a lot of good things about Wrestling at the Chase by Larry Matysik about the St. Louis territory.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jericho's first two books are mostly good and the first gives some cool insight into the Mexican and Japanese promotions he worked for, but personally I like Jericho's second book "Undisputed" the best. It's almost all about his career in WWF/E and gives one of the best perspectives on Vince McMahon I've seen in print. Skip everything to do with Fozzy and his dumb drunk escapades and this is pretty much a perfect wrestlebook IMO.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Anyone know of any good books on Catch Wrestling from around the turn of the century? Perhaps a nice biography of Frank Gotch?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Titan Sinking: The decline of the WWF in 1995

quote:

Throughout the history of the WWF, there have been times of prosperity and times of hardship, cycles that shape the ethos of the company by forcing changes to its infrastructure and on-screen direction. The one constant throughout three decades of change is Vincent Kennedy McMahon, the stalwart puppet-master who captains the ship. Unflinching, thick-skinned, and domineering, McMahon has ultimately outlasted all of his competition and come out on top of every wrestling war he has waged.

In 1995, he very nearly lost.

Titan Sinking tells the tale of one of the most tumultuous, taxing and trying years in WWF history. Vince was reeling from a nightmare first half of the decade as the year commenced, but having seemingly steered the company through an image-shattering five years, he looked to rebuild his ailing brand and rediscover the magic formula that made his promotion such a juggernaut in the eighties. As each week passed, more and more problems behind the scenes began to unfold, plunging the WWF on the bring of crisis.

This book gives the inside story of all of it: with detailed accounts of incidents from Syracuse to Montreal, from the Kliq to he BSKs, Vince's new hope, to his various creative flops and failures. Find out the real story of the year, and learn how 1995 brought WWF to the brink.

I'm reading this at the moment and i'm very much enjoying it. I always hear how bad the mid 90s were for the WWF but never heard many documented facts/stories. This is explaining everything, from Randy Savage and stephanie [YEP], to the Kliq's doings and making GBS threads in duffell bags.

It's nicely written too and fills in a good bit of history.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

sportsgenius86 posted:

I've yet to read this book, but I've heard a lot of good things about Wrestling at the Chase by Larry Matysik about the St. Louis territory.

One of my favorites is Matysik's Wrestling at the Chase book. It's a really good run through of the time in St. Louis and how the wrestling business was. Matysik is kind of "Gee shucks" about a lot of stuff but I grew to enjoy it. Highly reccomend.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Passion and Pain: The History of Stampede Wrestling by Heath McCoy
A really loving good book. Provides a good look into the Hart Family. Goes well into the entire history of Stampede. Isn't afraid to be critical. Really in-depth. I read this book in like 3 days because I couldn't put the drat thing down.

I'll second this. I burned through it, couldn't stop reading. Loved it from cover to cover.

I had the same kind of experience with Regal's book. It's intense at parts, really makes you respect the journey he's been on to get where he is. It's the kind of story that you don't really hear with wrestlers coming up today.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

simosimo posted:

I'm reading this at the moment and i'm very much enjoying it. I always hear how bad the mid 90s were for the WWF but never heard many documented facts/stories. This is explaining everything, from Randy Savage and stephanie [YEP], to the Kliq's doings and making GBS threads in duffell bags.

This looks amazing, why have I never heard of it?!

Bret Hart's autobiography is the best wrestling book I've read, though it's somewhat dated now in his post-WWE comeback as a lot of the bitterness in the pages has subsided. Some of the stories and tales are fascinating though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Highspots is also plugging a Lex Luger book called Wrestling with the Devil.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Highspots is also plugging a Lex Luger book called Wrestling with the Devil.

that's been out for a while. I think there's a lot of religious crap in it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

that's been out for a while. I think there's a lot of religious crap in it.

Naturally, but it might be interesting anyways. Depends how much responsibility he takes for himself, I guess.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Edge's autobiography, Adam Copeland on Edge is fantastic.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Going to provide two quick write ups for a couple of books that are heavy on wrestling history.

1. Shooters: The Toughest Men In Professional Wrestling
I read this about 2 years ago, and it had alot more about the history of professional wrestling then I was expecting (in the best way). The book does a good job of painting wrestling's history from the mid-late 1800s to present day via big match ups and the turn of the public's opinion from legitimate to fixed. The book also does a great job of giving alot of details of huge match ups for the time periods, which is really fascinating to see the public opinion on when two wrestlers from different countries/wrestling backgrounds would meet up. As a fan of early wrestling history, I really can't say enough in how informative this book was while not getting bogged down with particular disciplines or styles. The book also includes a pretty fascinating look at Pancrase near the end.

National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly that Strangled Pro Wrestling
Obviously, another book that will focus on the history of pro wrestling, but this is alot more focused. I would definitely recommend Shooters over this one if you are just jumping into pro wrestling history books. Not to say this isn't a well put together book, it is just obviously alot more focused on one set time period and the NWA. The most interesting aspects of this book was mainly hearing about the deep political battles that raged within the NWA. Between the promoters battling for more time with the champion, its really neat to see the ebb and flow of who is in and who is out. An example of this would be Buddy Rogers, who was notoriously known to bring in his "guys" into a territory as he started getting hot. When his guys started getting over, this would be used in Buddy's favor to pull strings since he had his guys ready to walk out if things didn't go their way. (Bruno Sammartino touched on this briefly on his Art of Wrestling episode, but the book expands on that one example and several others).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
What are some books people should avoid?

Rock's book was pretty bad, I'd love a new book going over his career. I'd really enjoy reading about the "clerical error" that ended up with his contract expiring haha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Foley's books are basically a sliding scale from great > terrible

if you want to retain any respect for him, stop after his second one.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Someone buy this book and tell me how it is. I would do it myself but, alas, I'm not booked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...ZUVMYBS6MJ6DQJS

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Endorph posted:

Foley's books are basically a sliding scale from great > terrible

if you want to retain any respect for him, stop after his second one.

Actually I quite enjoyed Countdown to Lockdown, but maybe that's just because Hardcore Diaries was so, SO bad.

Also I'd recommend Vince Russo's book Rope Opera: How WCW Killed Vince Russo. I mean it's the usual Russo bullshit but it is pretty fascinating. Reading about the horrible concussions he got during the short time he was a "wrestler" was a bit scary.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Anything by Hulk Hogan

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Lou Albano co-penned Wrestling for Dummies book. The book written by the Grantland guy. Mick Foley's 3rd book. About half of Jericho's 2nd book (don't know how the 3rd one is). The Rock's book (I'll 2nd the thought he should revisit writing a bio in a couple years, preferably not in half-kayfabe). I've also heard that Jerry Lawler's and HBK's books are super disappointing. And Chyna's is supposed to be AWFUL.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I recommend Diana Smith Hart's book Under The Mat.

It's not well written. The book itself is sort of a work of madness. She's nuts. Her book is nuts. But then again, most of the people she wrote about are nuts too. It was pulled from shelves directly after its release, for accusations of libel. There are so many provable inaccuracies in the book, I'm surprised it passed a publishing editors desk. Who knows whether any of the allegations she made in the book are true, I guess that's left to interpretation. Did Davey Boy Smith continually drug her with GHB and anally rape her? Possibly, maybe. Anyway, it'd be hard to find a printed copy, so I read the thing online.

I read it for the same reason you'd read the list of sleaziest wrestling stories. It reads like that but from the other perspective of a woman who is victimized by these overgrown roid-bellied high-school mentality wrestlers.

Part of the fun of the book is reading something so over-the-top in its bitterness. It's not much different than reading similar rock bios like Touching From A Distance by Debora Curtis, or M. Doughty's The Book Of Drugs. A bitter book written by the bitterest member of the bitterest family in the bitter business of professional wrestling.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 20, 2014

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Tato posted:

Someone buy this book and tell me how it is. I would do it myself but, alas, I'm not booked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...ZUVMYBS6MJ6DQJS

I'd actually expect it to be well written, after watching Stamp speak at a function honoring Terry Funk awhile back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Rock's book was pretty bad, I'd love a new book going over his career. I'd really enjoy reading about the "clerical error" that ended up with his contract expiring haha.

Every Scott Keith book.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

chyna's book is just heinous. chris & nancy: the story of the benoit murder-suicide is sensationalist garbage thats maybe good for a laugh

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I like Jericho's second book because he spends most of the WWF parts figuratively making GBS threads on Chyna

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Eddie's biography is written like a 9 year old's book report but I enjoyed it on a long car ride.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hardcore-Truth-The-Bob-Holly/dp/1770411097

The Hardcore Truth

quote:

Long before he became """"Hardcore Holly,"""" Robert Howard was a fighter. From humble beginnings to fame as an internationally known superstar, The Hardcore Truth tells the story of Bob's life including his 16 years working for Vince McMahon. In this rollercoaster tale of success and frustration, replete with missed opportunities, broken promises and a broken neck, Bob shares his uncompromising views on the present wrestling landscape with fascinating insights into the world leader in sports entertainment.

For those going 'fuckin Bob Holly! Try this one out, I found it fantastic also. Another great look into early days WWF and into some of the workings of the Attitude era. Including May Young (or Moolah?!) telling Bob to 'bring it motherfucker' before one of their segments.

A nice humble read.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WWE released a biography of Andre the Giant called Andre the Giant: A Legendary Life. Avoid it at all costs. It starts out semi-promising in the first couple chapters despite its lack of breaking kayfabe. Then once he gets into wrestling, it kills page time by literally doing play-by-play of his matches. poo poo's bad.

Meanwhile, I totally recommend Andre the Giant: Life and Legend, a graphic novel biography by Box Brown. Brown makes an entire book out of Andre stories, trying to weed out the ones that are a little too unbelievable. Mixed in there are adaptations of televised events (Andre on Letterman, his match with Hogan, his final WWF promo, etc.) with opinionated narration by Brown. Through the book, you get a look at a guy who on one hand seems like this awesome badass who knew he was going to die young, so he lived life to the fullest under his own rules, but on the other hand, you also see him as an irresponsible rear end in a top hat who was constantly depressed over the way normal people looked at him in public.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Gavok posted:

Meanwhile, I totally recommend Andre the Giant: Life and Legend, a graphic novel biography by Box Brown.

I agree. You should read this comic.

I'm pissed that I bought this exactly when it hit the shelves. It's now much cheaper.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Make me another recommendation for Andre the Giant: Life and Legend. I picked it up on a whim while I was on a trip to Oregon, and it was overall great stuff. Well-written, well-drawn, well thought-out.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Watchmen is the only comic book I've read over the last 15 years but that Andre one seems pretty interesting and I can see how the medium would work well for it. Might check a local shop to see if they have it.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Thauros posted:

The Watchmen is the only comic book I've read over the last 15 years but that Andre one seems pretty interesting and I can see how the medium would work well for it. Might check a local shop to see if they have it.

Have you read the old Modern Drunkard feature on Andre?

Just stories of him as a herculean drinker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Beer, Blood and Cornmeal. It's probably the best wrestling book about a non-major federation. It's by Bob Calhoun, who used to be known in in Incredibly Strange Wrestling as Count Dante (yes, named after the guy who claimed to be the master of the Martial Arts Death Match in 70's comic books), and chronicles his time as co-booker, color commentator and performer for Incredibly Strange Wrestling. It was started in the mid 90's, and right down to the initials, was sort of a precursor to Interspecies Wrestling, although the wrestling is a fair bit worse (at one point Calhoun mentions that adding a few dudes with a modicum of proper training who could do high flying stuff "upped their workrate". Yes, really.). This company was voted worst company something like 3 yeras in a row in the WON.

I think my favorite gimmick has to be 69 degrees, the scientologist boy band. Although Harley Racist and El Hijo de Executivo are close. The most hosed up gimmick had to be the Man from NAMBLA, which is exactly what it sounds like.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone should read Dirty Dick Slater's book. Not because it's good, but because it's so loving bad and bullshit that it's worth the experience.

e: Also, here's a breakdown of Todd Martin's reviews. Todd is loving annoying, but he's generally pretty correct when it comes to rating books, from my experience.

Tier 1: Best of the Best
Chokehold by Jim Wilson
Wrestlers are Like Seagulls by JJ Dillon
Tangled Ropes by Superstar Billy Graham
Listen You Pencil Neck Geeks by Freddie Blassie
Have a Nice Day by Mick Foley
Hitman by Bret Hart
Foley is Good by Mick Foley
A Lion’s Tale by Chris Jericho
Hooker by Lou Thesz
My Life in Wrestling by Gary Hart

Tier 2: Highly Recommended
Midnight Express 25th Anniversary Scrapbook by Jim Cornette
Inside Out by Ole Anderson
Cheating Death Stealing Life by Eddie Guerrero
Broken Harts: The Life and Death of Owen Hart by Martha Hart
Queen of the Ring by Jeff Leen
To Be the Man by Ric Flair
The Pain and the Passion by Heath McCoy
Mondo Lucha A Go-Go by Dan Madigan
The Cowboy and the Cross by Bill Watts
National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly that Strangled Pro Wrestling by Tim Hornbaker
Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: The Heels by Greg Oliver and Steven Johnson
It’s Good to Be the King Sometimes by Jerry Lawler
Blood in the Cage by L. Jon Wertheim
Fall Guys by Marcus Griffin
Walking a Golden Mile by William Regal
Catch Wrestling by Mark Hewitt
Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: The Tag Teams by Greg Oliver and Steven Johnson
No Holds Barred: Evolution by Clyde Gentry
Total MMA by Jonathan Snowden
Becoming the Natural by Randy Couture
Stone Cold Truth by Steve Austin
Pure Dynamite by Dynamite Kid
More than Just Hardcore by Terry Funk
Brisco by Jack Brisco
Undisputed by Chris Jericho
Let's Get It On by John McCarthy
Last Outlaw by Stan Hansen
King of New Orleans by Greg Klein
Shooters by Jonathan Snowden
Mad Dogs Midgets and Screw Jobs by Pat LaPrade and Bertrand Hebert
Hardcore Truth by Bob Holly
Pound for Pound by Brian D'Souza
Rags Paper and Pins by Jim Cornette and Mark James
Is This Legal? by Art Davie and Sean Wheelock
Live as a Man Die as a Man Become a Man by Enson Inoue

Tier 3: Solid Reads
Ringside: A History of Professional Wrestling in America by Scott Beekman
How Dr. Death Became Dr. Life by Steve Williams
Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: The Canadians by Greg Oliver
Batista Unleashed by Dave Batista
Rise and Fall of ECW by Thom Loverro
Hardy Boyz: Exist to Inspire by Matt and Jeff Hardy
Bruiser Brody by Emerson Murray
Stu Hart: A Lord of the Ring by Marsha Erb
Gorgeous George by John Capouya
Bang Your Head by Missing Link
Heart for the Fight by Brian Stann
The World According to Dutch by Dutch Mantell
Catch Wrestling Round 2 by Mark Hewitt
Little Evil by Jens Pulver
Made in America by Matt Hughes
Got Fight? by Forrest Griffin
100 Years of Australian Professional Wrestling by Libnan Ayoub
Swimming with Piranhas by Howard Brody
Top 100 Pro Wrestlers of All Time by John Molinaro
Bodyslams by Gary Michael Cappetta
Brody by Larry Matysik and Barbara Goodish
Wrestling at the Chase by Larry Matysik
Bobby the Brain: Wrestling’s Bad Boy Tells All by Bobby Heenan
Reflections of an American Dream by Dusty Rhodes
Controversy Creates Cash by Eric Bischoff
Why I Fight by B.J. Penn
Godfather of Grappling by Gene LeBell
Lita: A Less Traveled Road by Lita
Hardcore Diaries by Mick Foley
Adam Copeland On Edge by Edge
Heartbreak and Triumph by Shawn Michaels
Between the Ropes by Brian Fritz and Christopher Murray
Brawl by Erich Krauss
Hardcore History by Scott Williams
Drawing Heat the Hard Way by Larry Matysik
Countdown to Lockdown by Mick Foley
MMA Encyclopedia by Jonathan Snowden and Kendall Shields
Straight from the Hart by Bruce Hart
Too Much Too Soon by Tony Atlas
Wrestling Reality by Chris Kanyon
Last Laugh by Bill De Mott
Hey Boy Where'd You Get Them Ears by Paul Boesch
Gatekeeper by Gary Goodridge
Nikita: A Tale of the Ring and Redemption by Nikita Koloff
Hacksaw: The Jim Duggan Story by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
From the Fields to the Garden by Stitch Duran
Uncaged by Frank Shamrock
Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: Heroes and Icons by Steven Johnson and Greg Oliver
Superfly by Jimmy Snuka
The Three Count by Jimmy Korderas
Fightnomics by Reed Kuhn
Into the Cage by Nick Gullo

Tier 4: Only If You Have Particular Interest in the Subject
Assassin: The Man Behind the Mask by Joe Hamilton
Behind the Mask by Rey Mysterio
Bruno Sammartino: An Autobiography of Wrestling’s Living Legend by Bruno Sammartino
Mouth of the South by Jimmy Hart
Arn Anderson 4 Ever by Arn Anderson
King of the Ring by Harley Race
Sex Lies and Headlocks by Shaun Assael and Mike Mooneyham
In the Pit with Piper by Roddy Piper
Hollywood Hulk Hogan by Hulk Hogan
Ring of Hell by Matthew Randazzo
My Life Outside the Ring by Hulk Hogan
Is That Wrestling Fake by Ivan Koloff
Under the Mat by Diana Hart
The Solie Chronicles by Robert Allyn
Chairshots and Other Obstacles by Bobby Heenan
Adventures in Larryland by Larry Zbyszko
Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man by Ted DiBiase
I’m Next by Bill Goldberg
Whatever Happened to Gorgeous George by Joe Jares
First Lady of Wrestling by Missy Hyatt
Life and Legacy of Frank Gotch by Mike Chapman
It's True It's True by Kurt Angle
Octagon by Kevin Lynch
Iceman: My Fighting Life by Chuck Liddell
Inside the Lion’s Den by Ken Shamrock
Tales from a Dirt Road by Dutch Mantell
The Road Warriors: Danger, Death and the Rush of Wrestling by Animal
Often Imitated Never Duplicated by Lou Albano
Woo Mercy Daddy by Jimmy Valiant
Masked Decisions by Vincent Evans
The Voice of Reason by Chael P. Sonnen
When Wrestling Was Rasslin by Peter Birkholz
Wrestling with the Devil by Lex Luger
Mid Atlantic Memories by Mike Mooneyham
The Third Man by James Beard

Tier 5: Avoid
Wrestling with the Truth by Downtown Bruno
Master of the Iron Claw by Fritz Von Erich
The Story of the Development of NWA TNA by Jerry Jarrett
Tales from the Ring by Tito Santana
First Goddess of the Squared Circle by Fabulous Moolah
Rock Says by Rock
Rope Opera: How WCW Killed Vince Russo by Vince Russo
Gordon Solie: Something Left Behind by Robert and Pamela Allyn
If They Only Knew by Chyna
Positively Page by Diamond Dallas Page
Forgiven by Vince Russo
True Lies and Alibis by Blackjack Mulligan
Be Ready When the poo poo Goes Down by Forrest Griffin
Every Man Has His Price by Ted DiBiase
Oklahoma Shooter: The Dan Hodge Story by Mike Chapman
This Is Gonna Hurt by Tito Ortiz
Sheikh of Baghdad by Adnan Al Kaissy
Cross Rhodes by Goldust
Death Clutch by Brock Lesnar
Say Uncle by Jake Shannon
Wrestling the Hulk by Linda Hogan
Best of Times by Jerry Jarrett
If You Don't Want the Answer Don't Ask the Question by Bill Dundee
Physical Chess by Billy Robinson
From Prison to Promise by Booker T
1000 Lives by Dick Slater
50 Greatest Wrestlers of All Time by Larry Matysik
It's Time by Bruce Buffer
Animal by George Steele
Hart Strings by Julie Hart
Who's Your Daddy by Ryan Danes
Multiple Personalities of Mark Lewin by Mark Lewin

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 20, 2014

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

simosimo posted:

This is only about $5 on Kindle, so I grabbed it. I have a vague idea of what was going on backstage at that time, but it will be interesting to learn some more.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It sucks that Gary Hart's book is loving impossible to find and his family has no inclination to ever re-release it, as it's in the top tier of every wrestling book list I've seen.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Tato posted:

It sucks that Gary Hart's book is loving impossible to find and his family has no inclination to ever re-release it, as it's in the top tier of every wrestling book list I've seen.

The MLW radio guys are in good talks with this subject and apparently the publisher dude isn't interested in the project :(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Anyone read DDP's book?

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

simosimo posted:

Randy Savage and stephanie [YEP]

What did it say about this rumor? I watched the Macho Man DVD two days ago and have him on my mind.

His relationship with a preteen girl in the documentary seemed kind of odd to me, with this rumor always swirling.

Every time Lanny spoke I thought of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJUqmM97G-k

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Tato posted:

It's going for $400 on ebay. Really disappointed to know it's never getting republished as I've been on a WCCW kick lately and would love to read it.

• Locked thread