Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That opening scene with Clive made my day.

I'm pretty surprised that the episode ended with such a clear loss for Holmes. It reminded me a bit of the "Balloon Man" episode, though that one gave Holmes the win in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I approve of every episode starting with Clyde.

A lot of Kitty coming into her own this episode.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

With the increasing militarization of police, a police armory would seem to be a great place to get some heavy duty weaponry as opposed to attack the National Guard I guess.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh. I guess this will be ending the same way as the books then.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yesssssssss.

Great episode. It was a fun mystery, Sherlock showed that he was one of those super annoying guys on discussion forums, Bell and Sherlock working a case, "I googled the place too", Joan waking up Sherlock, and Moriarty. I saw her stepping in from the first scene but it was still great.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That ending...drat. Good episode.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ohhh...clever. Fun mystery!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It amuses me to no end that Sherlock's response to Gregson's daughter was that he had underestimated how cunning she was.

I liked the mystery a lot too since so much of it was exactly what was happening in the first place.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

If my hair thinned like that from me college days I'd become a criminal too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked that ending. Not sure what direction the season finale will take but I trust this show to make it fun.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This was a fun mystery but I was very disappointed to find out that https://www.beecircuit.com did not exist.

This feels like more of a setup for next season than anything else though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

VDay posted:

The only part of the plot that really didn't make sense (you know, even by TV standards) was that the husband sold his wife out the second he found out about her cheating. That would make sense in a vacuum and it's certainly understandable why he was so upset, but these people just pulled off a seemingly successful kidnapping and are presumably both millionaires, with nothing stopping them from leaving the country. The idea that the husband torpedoed both of their lives the morning they're about to leave out of spite/revenge seems kind of silly considering that he could've just as easily hosed off to Vietnam, broken up with/ditched/sold the wife out then, and then lived happily ever after. But whatever, was still a fun episode and the thing with the captain definitely seems like it's just there to set up the big ~shocking revelation~ in the season finale. I doubt he would actually leave or be written off the show considering that he's 25% of the main cast, even if he isn't as big a part as Marcus or obviously Sherlock/Watson.

He didn't do it in a vacuum. Holmes was able to tie the husband and wife to the bee killer. From there, it's a simple matter to dummy up a case regarding the attack on the USDA guy and then you're presenting it as "hey, you're going down for this, are you going to pass up an opportunity to improve your sentence while also getting back at your cheating wife?"

I kind of assumed that the season finale would be about Watson's choice to become Holmes v2 since that's been the major ongoing plot but I guess it's building up a new villain instead.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

On the one hand I think we've all been eager to meet the Holmes patriarch. On the other I'm pretty sad that Holmes relapsed.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The damage resulting from injuries in fiction often is less than what would happen in real life. I do not think Oscar is dead because they would make a Much Bigger Deal about Sherlock committing a homicide on an unarmed man, even a man who had severely provoked him.

Yeah but they did specifically mention that Oscar's body was in horrible shape and that rough treatment could very well end up killing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oroborus posted:

I've been rewatching some episodes lately and there was one where I think a kid was sexually abused and you see Sherlock at the end emotional and beating the hell out of a punching bag. That is why I thought maybe something darker.

From the way Sherlock describes it, I'm thinking the dad is more of the money is everything neglectful bad dad as opposed to an abuser. I seem to remember Sherlock being at a boarding school for most of his childhood so while that doesn't rule out anything it probably wasn't at the hands of his absent father.

• Locked thread