Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Azhais posted:

How do you do a Spectre TV series? Isn't the guy basically omnipotent?

Not entirely. He can only use his awesome power to avenge/judge crime and murder, and as (nigh-)omnipotent as he is, he's not omniscient, so you can still run into interesting morality questions. As in, if a judge in a capital punishment state orders an innocent man executed, knowingly or otherwise, can the entire state, which sanctioned the use of the death penalty, be held responsible for that murder? A woman commits murder in her 20's, gets away with it, and spends the rest of her life trying to atone. Can the Spectre still pass judgement against her? Her daughter kills her, to spare her the Spectre's tortures. Is this murder or mercy? You can have interesting episodes, but yeah, I'm not sure you can do a full series on the subject.
ETA: See this and the next page. That's what you'd make the story about; the Spectre is a spirit of vengeance, cruel and terrible, so how does it react to modern society, where vengeance is suddenly more complicated?

And also, wrong SPECTRE.

darthbob88 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Maera Sior posted:

I perked up when they mentioned the cable going Wall Street. I remember NPR covering the use of private cables and networks to get speed advantages last year.
They also spend a certain amount of time in the episode pointing out that fact. I'll admit the exact financial implications were beyond me, but I felt clever for putting together "Some people take their ping really seriously" and "This device slightly increases ping for people on this line" to realize that the scheme revolves around screwing over HFT systems.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Basket of Kittens posted:

Bumping a dead thread to ask, where can I watch this? I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, on demand. Doesn't pop up anywhere. Last saw the episode with the guy flash frozen I think, probably half a season ago
Hulu has all three seasons.

• Locked thread