Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Scorchy posted:

There was heavy stuff going on with Kitty's scenes and with the math guy, but in between that I must have bursted out laughing 4 or 5 times at various points. Just the whole thing with Watson being horrified at the thought of Sherlock and her being the parents to Kitty, oh man.

e: Also Sherlock continuing to wake Watson up in the worst ways despite not living together any more.

"...Hello?"
"You've had sex."

It's Holmes's curse: he can never stop analysing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

No I mean even before he's shown the marks on the dead girl's back he should instantly know why Gregson wouldn't want Kitty there the second he's told to come alone.

Why? Although it was fairly obvious that the case had some tie to Kitty, it wasn't a given that it was anything to do with her rape. I initially thought that the body might have been the girl Kitty had been asked to find.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yeah, I think the CEO hiring Watson was deliberate, not a coincidence. That's why he was so supportive of her taking immediate time off, he wanted to keep some tabs on her investigation.

It also explains why Gruner was so happy to help Watson illegally obtain medical records to find Simon de Merville. de Merville was already implicated, and Kitty thought he was Melanie's killer and her rapist. Killing de Merville would have closed the case and probably stopped Kitty searching for Gruner as well, leading to her lowering her guard should he intend to come for her.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ashpanash posted:

I think the only reason Elementary is still around is because some executives at CBS like it. The ratings aren't terrible, but they're also not extravagant; they're basically the same as what CBS would likely get with any random program they put in that slot. And it's not a prestige show, as it doesn't win awards and doesn't have the critical traction that it deserves.

It's not expensive to make, which doesn't hurt. Exteriors and interiors are both shot in New York, so there's no second crew and no having to shuttle people around.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

When Gregson told Sherlock that he'd have to go after whoever Gruner named, that was a courtesy warning. Gregson is not an idiot, he knew who did it already, and if he was really serious about catching her, he'd have had her passport already flagged before calling Holmes. I don't think that Gregson will put in a lot of effort towards bringing Kitty to justice.

One possibility is that Kitty is travelling under her real name. Gregson wouldn't know that, and she'd have time to travel somewhere before he could get her file unsealed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pick posted:

Sometimes the "who" isn't really that important, this case was all about the "why".

Holmes would argue that the "who" is never important. "Who" is just the person that the evidence leads to.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Scorchy posted:

The mystery left much to be desired though, I mean they didn't even show the resolution... of how the guitarist's music got stolen.

The guitarist's music didn't get stolen, it's just a bland collection of naturally arranged chords that 100 people have come up with independently. Though it's a nice parallel to Sherlock's three-pipe problem, in a way: although there's no evidence the jingle company didn't steal the music, there's also nothing to say they didn't do it.

If the mystery was thin, I don't care. The mystery in this episode was something to hang the acting off.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

The forums looked oddly like ours.

You don't have access to the Inner Sanctum? loving pleb.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

withak posted:

If only there existed some way to look up the answer to this question.

Without getting spoiled? Slightly harder.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sober posted:

Finally he can just use a British accent.

Which would be good if he weren't Australian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pick posted:

I don't know, but live, thread, live! The show's coming back early Nov, yeah?

November 5th, yes.

• Locked thread