Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Some Kitty-centric episodes will be nice. She could use the development

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Actually I hope she goes S1 Sherlock on the guy and captures / tortures him.

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
It does explain Joan getting a job there somewhat out of the blue.

And hopefully they'll keep it from dragging. They've got a good track record so I'm optimistic.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Biomute posted:

Something that explains the added risk and that explains the change in MO. This guy has apparently been good at covering his tracks before, but suddenly he's all about leaving messages and giving Watson a job? I could buy some basement dwelling crazy or mobster doing this thing, but if he's going to turn out to be a semi-mastermind rich gently caress type I can't get it to scan. I'm sure there's some crazy Guantanamo Bay poo poo where rich monsters can go and do their thing, but as Sherlock said this guy has made it personal. Why? If it's something lame like "the one who got away/stalked kitty from afar during college" I'll be disappointed.

Narcissism. Famed BBC celebrity and philanthropist Jimmy Saville turned to not just be a serial pedophile necrophiliac rapist, he was also brazen about it. But being Jimmy Saville, he just kept getting away with it. For example, he'd sometimes wear, as a ring, a false eye that he took as a momento from one.of his morgue parties and, reportedly, on several occasions, told people about where he got it.

What's crazier than people like that is how easily they can get away with it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Looking at this in the long-term, I think Sherlock has progressed too fast into becoming a relatively normal person. I miss the quirkiness.

I'm hoping that in a reckless show of pent-up sentimentality he tries reaching out to help people again by authorizing Watson to publish some of her stories but then immediately regresses under public pressure.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

I don't think another show has come on since Chuck that had such absolutely perfect music for the episode/mood. Person of Interest hit it occasionally with songs like 'I'm afraid of Americans' and 'Hurt'.

I think the last episode's piano piece bears honorable mention, too: Moby - The Violent Bear It Away

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Whole episode felt overcast by Holmes' ennui and then blammo -- poison coffee! Lulled me into a false sense of security. Left me with a grody 'banality of evil' vibe. Great episode.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I loved his delivery on, "You can be a full-time couple. You must be thrilled." So many great lines this episode.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
The Deus ex Moriarty caught me off guard. Also, Watson's mental health :ohdear: !

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 13, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
"Indeed, they might contest the invasion of privacy as too ironic," was a pretty sweet line, but I found his rationale for declining to be put out to stud too hammed up. You can be a misanthrope put off by what you see in others with or without the high intellect. And his particularly keen insight requires substantial conditioning and upkeep. Personality is why he has his difficulties since he self-selected for it on both ends. That's not in the genes; his rationale was bunkum.

All in all, okay episode.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
A cameo here or there. She's been in 6 of the show's 66 episodes.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Poignant and dour. Holmes. Hooolmes! :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
This is right up there with if they cast Charles Dance. Very good news!

• Locked thread