Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

quote:

"Twist No. 1? Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator - an older T-800 she calls “Pops” - who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

“Since she was 9 years old, she has been told everything that was supposed to happen,” says Ellison. “But Sarah fundamentally rejects that destiny. She says, ‘That’s not what I want to do.’ It’s her decision that drives the story in a very different direction."

and yes it is still called 'Genisys'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this is what happens when you time travel often

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Schwarzenegger already looked kind of too old in T3 and that's after they applied all the makeup and stuff. This poo poo is just sad. Dude had a great career, why doesn't he just retire gracefully?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
gonna be awesome

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no poo poo, op

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

Schwarzenegger already looked kind of too old in T3 and that's after they applied all the makeup and stuff. This poo poo is just sad. Dude had a great career, why doesn't he just retire gracefully?

why do that when you can keep acting and making more money. maybe he can buy an island now.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
So the new Sarah Connor is basically girl Adam Lanza

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Police Automaton posted:

IMO he probably just likes it. Why does Tiger Woods still play golf?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

new model termie

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

new model termie

emilia clarke as sarah

it's going to be poo poo, not because of emilia clarke, tho

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

sounds awesome cant wait

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

chill out, dickwad

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Millenials loving ruin everything.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
flesh the terminator story out until there is a deeply intertwined multigenerational saga between 50 major characters but please no visible emotion im autistic

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I dont know what the gently caress is wrong with Hollywood. Are they so isolated? Do they not see how everyone is going to say "This is some retarded rear end poo poo,"?

Police Automaton posted:

The Last Stand was good, and I like to think that Sabotage was a prequel to it.

Also, Arnold was the best actor in Escape Plan.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

who cares, it's like 25 years since terminator was relevant.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Complete loving garbage that the general idiot will pay to see.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it sounds stupid but not in a way that i care about

edit: like maybe it has a purpose in the movie? you don't know

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

new model termie

gay.

also, the movie does sound poo poo.

i for one will not pirate this.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

gary oldmans diary posted:

flesh the terminator story out until there is a deeply intertwined multigenerational saga between 50 major characters but please no visible emotion im autistic

Nerds just want a world that runs on actual rules so they can beat it through system mastery like a grognard playing DnD. It's why in the past nerds were so obsessed with science and poo poo "If I can just figure out the rules the real world runs on I can master them and manipulate them to become successful"

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Dr Who vs Terminator

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nicole spergling is jumping the gun a bit, perhaps

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Flannelette posted:

Dr Who vs Terminator

this would probably be more interesting than what they are actually making.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

the casting of people like emilia clarke seems ill advised from a purely financial standpoint

like, if you're trying to get the nostalgia dollars of people who loved T2 why would you use actors that only their kids will like instead of ones they'll like

unless it's the kids' money they're trying to get...buuut I'm pretty sure nobody under 25 gives a poo poo about the terminator franchise

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Genisys

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Torka posted:

unless it's the kids' money they're trying to get...buuut I'm pretty sure nobody under 25 gives a poo poo about the terminator franchise

aren't teenagers the only ones who go to movies anymore?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Genisys sounds like an STD.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Moola posted:

Genisys

Turminatur Genisys

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lilljonas posted:

Turminatur Genisys

Ryse of the Machynes by Crytek studios

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

there's been some p.good movies lately so what's all this lame "movies are rubbish now!!"

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
that synopsis makes no loving SENSE HAVE T HEY EVEN WATCHED THE FIRST TWO

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

there's been some p.good movies lately so what's all this lame "movies are rubbish now!!"

liking things isn't cool

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

yeah agreed

people on the internet are dumb and stupid and hate everything

Torka posted:

liking things isn't cool

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Attitude Indicator posted:

aren't teenagers the only ones who go to movies anymore?

No there's plenty of people who are too stupid to use a computer and they're the people that modern mainstream entertainment is aimed at

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

hemale in pain posted:

Name them all.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
jason clarke has got to be the worst loving person for john connor

and lol at ugly doctor who guy playing a SECRET CHARACTER (probably a t-1000 due to a vague resemblance to robert patrick)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yeah trying to turn doctor who man into a tough dude character is hilarious

hes the most waify fucker on the planet

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Moola posted:

yeah trying to turn doctor who man into a tough dude character is hilarious

hes the most waify fucker on the planet

like when they used the guy from The Pianist in that predator movie

he put on some muscle for it but he still had the wrong kind of face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rapman the Cook posted:

Name them all.

No, but I wanna see nightcrawler and Intersteller (because of the black hole simulation) and fury would look good but i'm not in to miserable ww2 action movies about how much war sucks.

i recently got Edge of Tomorrow cause I missed it on the cinema and drat that's the best movie ever.

Torka posted:

like when they used the guy from The Pianist in that predator movie

he put on some muscle for it but he still had the wrong kind of face

I thought he was okay

• Locked thread