Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Karmalaa70 posted:

There aren't any left. Brady Hoke is the shining star of Lloyd Carr's coaching tree.

Not even kidding.

Yeah, Lloyd's staff was filled with old friends who needed jobs. He developed very few young assistants. Scot Loeffler and Ron English are about all that's out there, and nobody wants them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
N: https://twitter.com/easye_shonuff/status/539205917875916800

V: ahahahahahaha. Hahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

C. Everett Koop posted:

That's the MSU Wrestling Analyst for Big Ten. He has absolutely no sources.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

goddammit don't ruin this for me i wanna see tears of pure suffering

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

C. Everett Koop posted:

You might still get them.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Could be true, there are alot better jobs open this year than Michigan. What decent coach would want it? They had Rich Rod but they ran him off after 2 years because he wasn't a Michigan Man.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

C. Everett Koop posted:

He apparently deleted this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

computer parts posted:

He apparently deleted this.

What did it say?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Neodoomium posted:

So like just as many sources as John Bacon currently has.

:twisted:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

So like just as many sources as John Bacon currently has.

:twisted:

boom

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

It is Monday, December 1st, 2014 and noted Michigan Man Brady Hoke still has a job as the head football coach of the University of Michigan.

Good times.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Y'all notice the BTN stuff that used to be in his profile is now gone?

BTN acts quicker than Michigan.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Sources tell me that Jim Harbaugh is coming to Michigan, he is on his way

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fisticuffs posted:

I laugh every single time Rich Rod wins at UA lol he could be stylin at Ann Arbor right now

He was really lovely at Michigan and a lot of it was his own fault.

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
When was the Minnesota game, late September/early October, right? Hoke should have been canned that Sunday or Monday, and here we are ~7 weeks later still waiting for the oa....lummox! to be fired. It's not like the team righted itself during that time or anything, so what is the holdup?

Although I don't know why I'm eagerly awaiting this, because chances are very high Michigan will completely botch the next hire anyway.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

AsInHowe posted:

Sources tell me that Jim Harbaugh is coming to Michigan, he is on his way

Please post flight records to confirm.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

Please post flight records to confirm.

Reports indicate a major road into Ann Arbor has been covered in palm fronds and men close to Harbaugh have sent for a donkey.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

He was really lovely at Michigan and a lot of it was his own fault.

This is true, but Lloyd Carr put him immediately behind the 8ball and the AD didn't let him hire the full defensive staff he wanted.

I think the 3-3-5 could be successful in the Big Ten when not trying to make a 3-4 coach run it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean they should have let him bring Casteel with but once they didn't agree to that he made things worse by being stubborn and refusing to let his defensive coach run something he was more comfortable with. The scheme is fine in theory but trying to run it just for the sake of running it is really dumb.

And then he hired Greg Robinson.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Yeah, I agree 100% with you on that.

I'm still amazed at how difficult Michigan made it for Rodriguez to succeed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MourningView posted:

And then he hired Greg Robinson.

You mean Texas Defensive Guru Greg Robinson

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
I'm pretty ignorant of how NFL contracts are structured. Could SF prevent Harbaugh from leaving for a college job, considering he still has a year on his contract? With all the rumors of them potentially trading him for picks, it would seem like they would block him leaving for UM if they had the ability, considering they would get nothing from such a move.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

go3 posted:

You mean Texas Defensive Guru Greg Robinson

img-stuffedwolverine-motivator.jpg

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Yep, http://on.freep.com/1CzNyN9

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"delivered to" leads me to believe he gone and Sam is just hedging there to not look silly, but his source has been Fred Jackson over the years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Fred Jackson might be the worst coach of anything in all of college football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
A running back coach's primary job is to recruit and he's really good at that.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Running back coaches do lots of important things, like uh let's run the ball security drill again. Oh, yeah sure let's go get used as the tackling dummies for the linebackers.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Okay fellas, what you need to do is find the hole, run through it, and try not to drop the ball.

Welp that's pretty much it, gotta go snap chat some 17 year olds, peace.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

Okay fellas, what you need to do is find the hole, run through it, and try not to drop the ball.

Our RBs have had trouble with all three of those for the last few years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Blitz pickups, that's a thing they'll also do. Then probably some more ball security. Then pass routes, midway through the drills half of them will disappear to get lit up by the linebackers for 8 minutes.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

MourningView posted:

Also if you could be fast, that would be swell.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Apparently John U. Bacon was on Sportscenter just now discussing the Michigan situation.

He claims coaching odds were 51% Harbaugh, 25% Miles, 24% someone else.

He knows as much as anyone, but I'll believe it when I see it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That 24% other is just Brady Hoke again

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

25% odds on Les Miles, huh

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit_Dogg was just on the somethingawful forums and he says Michigan will hire a candidate, he said he had many sources and they say it will definitely be a football coach.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Detroit_Dogg was just on the somethingawful forums and he says Michigan will hire a candidate, he said he had many sources and they say it will definitely be a football coach.

Well you're in the business so you're as good a source as half the fuckin' yokels that claim they know anything

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
poo poo, even here for stuff we all know is coming the place stays tight as a got dang submerged submarine. At a big time institute you even get stuff like false rumors getting intentionally leaked so you can find out which staff members are saying poo poo to the media (HI FRED JACKSON WHATCHA UP TO OVER THERE)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm just worried this "somethingawful" is too biased of a site towards Michigan. I'd rather hear it from an impartial source like a MSU blogger.

• Locked thread