Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I didn't see the spoiler in the trailer, but I figured that the Asian Helper Lady was a robot by having another person in what is supposedly a super secret retreat.

Just saw it and dug it for the most part, but I had trouble wrapping my head around the ending a bit. The choice for Eva to actively lock the dude inside, presumably to die seemed a bit more proactively hostile than I would've figured. Ok. Eva is just using NerdGuy to escape, and I am onboard with her faking friendship/attraction to escape. She 'felt' nothing for him. But to make the active choice to do that is less "I Nothing You" and more "I hate you".

EDIT: forgot to mention that chilling scene of one of the earlier robots pounding on the door so much that it rips its arms to shreds in the process. Holy poo poo.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Bean posted:

A question about the ending. Why did Ava allow Kyoko to die? She obviously knew how to repair herself, so knowing how to screw on a new jaw wouldn't be totally outside her ability set. I think it would make a little more sense thematically too. If Ava helped Kyoko and they both escaped, you'd get this sister wives sort of thing, whereas leaving her dead just made Ava look ruthless.

The thing that confused me about the spoilered scene is that I didn't really get the jaw knocked off, dead/shutdown connection. Did I mentally miss a scene where Kyoto was otherwise injured?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I figured his overindulgence drinking was a act. He's setting up a situation where Ava will try and manipulate Caleb to help her escape. Having the 'jailor', for lack of a better term, get shitfaced a lot helps things out.

• Locked thread