Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Nobody can hear you scream or shout
Once you're in, you won't come out
You will never see the light of day
I'm the hunter, you're my prey!

-Fragment of verse taught to serf children on Sepheris Secundus to scare them from entering the Shatters

You were one of many within the Screaming Vortex; those just beginning to tread down the path to damnation, yet with a gleam of promise. You took skulls for Khorne's Throne, spread the Plaguefather's love across entire populations, sought ever more obscure secrets with which to cheat at the Great Game and relished every facet of euphoria you could find. But pride comes before the fall, and the aspirant are inclined to be rather prideful indeed...

You were one of many within the Screaming Vortex; those who found their road greatness taking a sharp detour at the hands of those more powerful than you. Something you did, or may do, or didn't do, aggrieved a powerful entity, who saw fit to punish you by casting you across the Immaterium. You were spared an infinitesimal eternity floating adrift in the aether by a chance ritual on a frozen, miserable mining world in a cursed sector.

You are one of many within the Screaming Vortex; those who find fate thrusting the potential for greatness upon them. Not many can recover from their misfortunes in the service of the Dark Gods, and fewer still are those who have the chance to claim such a trophy for the Ruinous Powers as one of the Calixis Sector's crown jewels. But do not think that it will be a trivial effort, for the False Emperor's underlings are all too aware of the damage a Chaos insurrection could do...

----

Of the 40k RPGs, so far I have run Dark Heresy 1E, Rogue Trader, and Adeptus Evangelion. After shooting the poo poo with some friends on Mumble I figured I'd pop my Black Crusade cherry. Elevator pitch: you're heretics, someone took offense at your presence for whatever reason, used ~sorcery~ to send you into the Warp, and a summoning ritual gone awry pulled you back into realspace somewhere in the Shatters on Sepheris Secundus, a planet mostly notable for being idiotically grimderp and backwards as gently caress.

Rules:

5500 starting xp for marines, 6k for humans;
Human advanced archetypes are 4600 xp, Marines are 3600;
All archetypes and splats allowed;
Starting infamy is 40 plus modifiers;
Stats are point buy as stated in the book, maximum starting wounds;
:frogsiren: Aligned spells cast off their god's favoured attribute :frogsiren:
Starting Acquisitions as normal, starting corruption is 25 plus modifiers.

Recruitment closes Wednesday, 5th of November. IF you have any questions you can ask them here or in #acolyte, I'm usually online there.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

Doing a ranged Nurglite Heretek.
-Assuming we have enough Corruption for a Gift, should we roll or choose?
-Is it possible to start aligned with a normally unaligned archetype, or should we build up to being aligned as normal? (Some of the other PbPs had allowed leniency on this front.)
-You mentioned rolling for fate; I'm guessing this was a holdover from other 40K TRPGs?

-Just tell me and I'll roll. You'll get a choice of whatever you're entitled to from your Infamy Bonus and what you rolled, as well as the options if you're Unaligned.
-No, unless you have the XP to buy enough advances to align yourself.
-Ah, yeah, in pre-Black Crusade RPGs you rolled for Fate Points. :sweatdrop: ignore that and use your Infamy Bonus as normal.

Thanatosian posted:

I'm working on a Dark Apostle.

Do you have a problem with us buying cybernetics for our starting acquisitions? Do we roll once on the Power Armour Customization table?

No and yes. Also, since Firesight asked: I'll waive the stat requirements for Minions but not the Infamy requirement; Loyalty is enough of a stat check on minions.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 31, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

John Dyne posted:

WHOOPS

I'm using a dude I made for the other game where you rolled that for me, so feel free to roll me my Gift vs 34 Infamy, and tell me if I get a mutation instead.

<Dopethrone> .roll 1d100 dyne's gift
<imouto> Dopethrone: dyne's gift: 64 (1d100=64)
<Dopethrone> .roll 1d100 dyne's mutation
<imouto> Dopethrone: dyne's mutation: 44 (1d100=44)

Your choice of Featureless Face, Illusion of Normalcy, Flaming Skull or Headless!

NGDBSS posted:

That's fine too. I'm guessing that the effects of alignment would kick in the moment I got the necessary five-over-the-others?

Yep.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

Forums Terrorist, do the advances we get for our class count towards getting aligned?

No, only the ones you buy with XP.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

:frogsiren:ATTENTION I AM A GROTESQUE FUCKUP:frogsiren:

quote:

<Waci> how much do advanced archtypes cost
<Dopethrone> 3600xp for humans, 4100 for marines
<Waci> WHAT
<Waci> ahahahaha ok
<Waci> do you uuuh
<Waci> wanna take a look at the human archtypes
<Dopethrone> those are the numbers i've seen
<Waci> where did you see those numbers
<Waci> since those numbers make no sense
<Waci> how do you get from "The Chaos Space Marine veterans introduced in this chapter are roughly equivalent to a beginning
<Waci> Chaos Space Marine character with an additional 3600 experience points. The Human characters are both roughly equivalent to a beginning Human Disciple of Chaos with an additional 4600 experience points."
<Waci> to 2600 for humans 4100 for CSM
<Dopethrone> gently caress me
<Dopethrone> yeah idk what the gently caress, i must've misread or something
<Dyne> lol
<Dopethrone> gonna fix that, good thing you caught it now

So yeah, human archetypes now cost 4600, marines cost 3600. To compensate for my rank illiteracy I've bumped up the starting xp by 500 and humans get a further 500. I'm sorry :negative:

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 1, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Ryuujin posted:

Wait are you saying that Human Archetypes cost more than Chaos Marine Archetypes? And that those of us that picked a Human Archetype actually had 1000 xp less than we thought? Because the Archetype cost 1000xp more than we thought? And thus even with an extra 500 xp we are going to have to cut 500 xp?

Human archetypes cost 4600. Human characters start with 6k xp.
Marine archetypes cost 3600. Marine characters start with 5500xp.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Alignment works as written; if you have five more advances from one god than any other or if you're an archetype that starts you out as aligned. Infamy tests for gifts and such use final infamy, but acquisitions work off the modifier; if the total mod for the thing you're trying to get equals -10 or better you get it automatically.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

I have five more Tzeentch advances than any other, but I don't have 10 Corruption; do I still start out Tzeentch-aligned?

Did you factor in the corruption for the higher starting xp?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

If you are a standard archetype you get +15 Infamy and +25 Corruption from the increased starting xp. If you are an advanced archetype you get nothing (since they already grant additional Infamy and Corruption).

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

John Dyne posted:

The +9 Infamy/+15 corruption is considered in the archetypes, since they're counting the first 3k XP, but we've got another 2k XP on top of that; that puts us 6 infamy and 10 corruption behind everyone else. Shouldn't we just ignore the stuff in the advanced archetypes for the bonuses to corruption and infamy and just everyone take the +15/+25?

Actually yeah this is easier. +15 Infamy and +25 Corruption for everyone!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I rolled a dice and it said no, so just use the flat corruption.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

No.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

Somewhat on topic, though, I'd like to request two Gifts of the Gods rolls for Infamy 40, aligned with Nurgle.

You flubbed both Infamy checks, so for your first mutation you've a choice of Emaciated, Eye of Chaos, Eye-stalks, Centauroid, or Featureless Face. For your second mutation you can choose from Addiction, Animal Hybrid, Bestial, or Wreathed in Chaos.

Thanatosian posted:

Two Gifts of Tzeentch, please. Infamy 40.

You also flubbed both checks, so for your first mutation you can choose one of Nerveless Ennui, Pervasive Miasma, Projectile Attack, Grossly Fat, Slayer Limb, or Strange Voice. For your second you can pick from Additional Limb, Strange Walk or Tail.

Jolinaxas posted:

Two gifts, aligned to slaanesh, infamy 40.

You actually passed both yours! You get a Daemonic Name and One Thousand And One Senses.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

For your first mutation you can choose from Animal Hybrid, Bestial, Blood Substitution, Strange Walk, Tail, or Tentacle; for your second you can pick from Additional Limb, Strange Walk, Tail, Tentacle, Vampiric Addiction, Warp-Touched, Warpsight, or Wreathed in Chaos.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Also, Thanatosian, Unaligned advances are always allied, so you might want to redo your xp expenditure.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

John Dyne - Keraun the Stormbearer; Khorne Berserker; Khorne
Hukhukhuk - <BLANK>; Xurunt Frost Father; Khorne

Ryuujin - Xylophysx, Sorcerer-King; Writhing World Sorcerer-King; Nurgle
MaliciousOnion - Aegrotitas; Plague Marine; Nurgle

Jolinaxas - Aubray Thrace, Ghibelline Sellsword; Renegade; Slaanesh
Waci - Aldenir Evren; Pirate Prince; Slaanesh
Lipton Iced Soup - Alberich, Noise Marine; Slaanesh
simsense cumshots - Flint Ironstag; Veteran of the Long War; Slaanesh

John Dyne - Cruven, the Sword-Hand; Thousand Sons Sorcerer; Tzeentch
Kai Tave - Xerxes Nazramanthus, 12th Plume High Magister Superium of Surgub (Temporarily Displaced); Q'Sal Magister Immaterial; Tzeentch
Werix - Anodesien the Siege-Breaker; Veteran of the Long War; Tzeentch
Thanatosian - Mulgula, Layer of Ambushes; Chosen; Tzeentch

Firesight - Araknova, Seeker of the Forms; Idolitrex Magos of Forge Polix; Unaligned
frajaq - Jarlunek; Dark Apostle; Unaligned
Astus - Manus; Heretek; Unaligned
Lord Koth - Davik Kalos; Night Lord; Unaligned

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 4, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yeah, math checks out.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Today's the deadline, so :frogsiren:any entries put forward after 6 PM EST will be disregarded:frogsiren:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Picks!

MaliciousOnion as Aegrotitas; Plague Marine; Nurgle
Ronwayne as Victoria, Priestess of the Blood God; Apostate; Khorne
Kai Tave as Xerxes Nazramanthus, 12th Plume High Magister Superium of Surgub (Temporarily Displaced); Q'Sal Magister Immaterial; Tzeentch
frajaq as Jarlunek; Dark Apostle; Unaligned
Werix as Anodesien the Siege-Breaker; Veteran of the Long War; Tzeentch
NGDBSS as Magos Judith; Heretek; Nurgle
simsense cumshots as Flint Ironstag; Veteran of the Long War; Slaanesh
Lipton Iced Soup as Alberich, Noise Marine; Slaanesh

Everyone else who applied gets priority if I need replacements. While I work on the IC thread go ahead and post your character's opinions on the rest of the party.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Sure, go ahead.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thread's up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679705

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Hey Thanatosian, if you're still reading this thread you're in, since Lipton was shameful and dropped out. Go ahead and post!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Extra arms give you extra attacks, but you need two hands for Basic weapon slayer limbs (barring any talents or gear that negate that requirement).

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I'll admit, I'm kind of disappointed you didn't simply push the Deepslord's poo poo in. :v:

• Locked thread