Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Share your good ideas for video games

they can be funny or serious ideas or funny because you think they are serious

just be yourself

here are some to help you if you aren't so good at thinking of games ideas:

1. A game in which the forces of good and the forces of evil are pitted against each other via the medium of games

2. A high-paced MMO RTS game with detailed macro and micro mechanics with three races; BYOB, GBS and FYAD. Comedy gold must be mined in order to fund the development of your joke armies

3. Big Rigs 2: this time it's horses (is actually still bad trucks)

4. Cat farm. This is like harvest moon except the main goal is to foster and breed herds of cats? this idea is not as good but you can roll with it if you see potential in it, it's all yours no need for royalties on my part

5. Gamergate MMORPG

6. Hotdog Stand Tycoon

share your good ideas for games now, this is the end of the first post of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
OP Gasser 2: THE OP IS GAY

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

BigBoss posted:

OP Gasser 2: THE OP IS GAY

This is already a pending release by EA Sports

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Holy poo poo! Epic Win Thread!!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I would like to see Hd remakes of all the Elder Scrolls games, and remakes of the first two fallouts.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

video games

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it would be cool that in the end of every mario game you could give everyone in mushroom kingdom an equal sum of the coins you collected, spreading the wealth.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Okay, here's a REAL bare bones idea I came up with this evening. I'm fairly tired, so please excuse any spelling or grammatical fuckups.

Forum wars have always been an exciting yet very VERY illegal way of attacking other forums and transforming their once beautiful forum into a rancid cesspit of failure (for a short period of time), eventually leading into mass banning and a whole bunch of drama nobody really cares to deal with.

SO MY BRAND-SPANKING NEW IDEA IS AS FOLLOWS!!!!

1) We create a "SA Forums Innerforum", a large world broken up and spaced apart from the various forums on SA. GBS will naturally be the crown city, FYAD might be a large pink island to the west, and YOSPOS could be a giant golden island floating throughout the sky... but various subforums will be perfectly able to band together and take down the the highly defensed GBS Crown City. It will completely be up to users, their organization, their power, and their ability to plan missions through.

Each major forum will be given its own large land mass, and the individuals who post the most in that zone will become members. some sort of government should be chosen, and debated should determine the most trustworthy users in the forum. The members of each zone will be able to vote on what type of government they want, and which members should apply for those positions.

Each major forum land's mass will start up with an apartment building, able to hold all members (and additional ones). Also, there will be a cemetery nearby that lists the members who posts there and never came back. If they do return, their corpse will arise from their grave.

Each major forum zone will provide special elements and tools indigenous to only their area. Figuring out how to use them properly could result in ICBM, poisoning water supplies. Tanks, Earthquake machines, etc etc. These elements and tools can be discovered by digging, combining, working together, and figuring out how everything comes together.

As you can probably tell, the game element of this is going to be based highly off Minecraft, especially when it comes to the PvP aspect of it. Initially your homerooms will be safe... but once people start putting together tools that can penetrate your walls, you'll either have to move, hide, or group up with somebody stronger than you.

People who are 100% griefer (ie, not advancing the cause of their own team, just PKing them nonstop) will be put into TIMEPROBATION. Its AWFUL.

Needless to say, we'd like to use something along the lines of Minecraft (but NOT Minecraft) to get this project rolling. First of all, I'd like to hear about questions or comments you might have about this idea. and then we'll go from there!

Thanks!!! Also, we would NOT like to run the Minecraft engine, so if there are any coders out there with experience and suggestions, it would be tremendously useful for us. If this looks possible, we will be interested in hiring 1 or 2 fulltime coders to come work for us! Either reply in this thread and / or PM me!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

lets play a lets play of a game, what i mean is lets make a video game about lets playing video games, or we could role play it here itt the thread

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Okay, here's a REAL bare bones idea I came up with this evening. I'm fairly tired, so please excuse any spelling or grammatical fuckups.

Forum wars have always been an exciting yet very VERY illegal way of attacking other forums and transforming their once beautiful forum into a rancid cesspit of failure (for a short period of time), eventually leading into mass banning and a whole bunch of drama nobody really cares to deal with.

1) We create a "SA Forums Innerforum", a large world broken up and spaced apart from the various forums on SA. GBS will naturally be the crown city, FYAD might be a large pink island to the west, and YOSPOS could be a giant golden island floating throughout the sky... but various subforums will be perfectly able to band together and take down the the highly defensed GBS Crown City. It will completely be up to users, their organization, their power, and their ability to plan missions through.

Each major forum will be given its own large land mass, and the individuals who post the most in that zone will become members. some sort of government should be chosen, and debated should determine the most trustworthy users in the forum. The members of each zone will be able to vote on what type of government they want, and which members should apply for those positions.

Each major forum land's mass will start up with an apartment building, able to hold all members (and additional ones). Also, there will be a cemetery nearby that lists the members who posts there and never came back. If they do return, their corpse will arise from their grave.

Each major forum zone will provide special elements and tools indigenous to only their area. Figuring out how to use them properly could result in ICBM, poisoning water supplies. Tanks, Earthquake machines, etc etc. These elements and tools can be discovered by digging, combining, working together, and figuring out how everything comes together.

As you can probably tell, the game element of this is going to be based highly off Minecraft, especially when it comes to the PvP aspect of it. Initially your homerooms will be safe... but once people start putting together tools that can penetrate your walls, you'll either have to move, hide, or group up with somebody stronger than you.

People who are 100% griefer (ie, not advancing the cause of their own team, just PKing them nonstop) will be put into TIMEPROBATION. Its AWFUL.

Needless to say, we'd like to use something along the lines of Minecraft (but NOT Minecraft) to get this project rolling. First of all, I'd like to hear about questions or comments you might have about this idea. and then we'll go from there!

Thanks!!! Also, we would NOT like to run the Minecraft engine, so if there are any coders out there with experience and suggestions, it would be tremendously useful for us. If this looks possible, we will be interested in hiring 1 or 2 fulltime coders to come work for us! Either reply in this thread and / or PM me!

I said share your GOOD ideas for games itt not "share your ideas that noone else is paying attention to anywhere else including the thread you already made about it"

sorry maybe the idea is good but i just didn't read it any of the three times i've seen it

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Stop posting this gay crap everywhere, retard.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Stop posting this gay crap everywhere, retard.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523788

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Who cares. I dont want to scroll past it 50000 times.

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
You start off as one of three types of relatively harmless small animals like a mouse or a sparrow or a gecko and have to kill other animals and fuse with them to gain stat upgrades and abilities. Like you could just keep killing turtles for massive defense or spiders or scorpions for poison damage and your character's appearance is procedurally generated so you end up like a big lump of turtles with stingers or something.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
TES VI: akivir

that or a cyberpunk mmo shooter with acrobatic elements + manually reloading your gun

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
Officially licensed fantasy youtube channel tycoon manager simulator. You put together an allstar lineup of youtube celebrities to produce content for your ultimate channel. Manage update schedules, collaborations, special events etc. Rack up those page-views and subs by being 'on the pulse' and 'tapped into the zeitgeist'. Make tough decisions about where you stand on hot-button issues. I'm boring myself just typing this.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
1. Regularity - Players must eat and drink strategically to keep their character regular. By using the Bristol stool scale the player can inspect their virtual feces and monitor it's size, color and relative malleability.

2. Hamster Rancher - Players must build and expand a historically accurate hamster ranch

3. Punch Down - Players assume the role of an Internet poster whose hated arch rivals include children, mental patients and the disabled. Final stage is the much feared Special Olympics.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
world of xeen graphics and ui overhaul. give me money.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Super-HD Katamari Damacy remake.
Give Luigi a machete.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Rerelease illegal copies of Skyrim with guns added in. Move to a cave so that Bethesda's lawyers elf assassins can't find you.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i have a good video game idea that is exactly the sort of thing that explodes on mobile devices but ill keep it to myself even though I cant program nor have the desire to. so when someone else does come up with it I can be like I THOUGHT OF THAT FIRST

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
anime

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
A video game about anime

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
An extremely detailed spergy sandbox game that incorporates elements of regenerative agriculture, advanced forms of technology, war, magic, and anime.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Holy poo poo! These funny ideas are making me Laugh Out Loud!

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Goku Pants Simulator 2015

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Holy poo poo! These funny ideas are making me Laugh Out Loud!

Same! GBS is outdoing itself on this one!

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
A video game based on Halloween in which you go to people's houses in order to get candy and spooky things happen

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

goatse the musical the video game mmo

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Animal Cucking
Ecco The Slam Whale
I Have no Mouth and I'm Gay
Counterstrike Kill yourself OPerations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Somebody should make an FPS starring the Diaper Sniper.

• Locked thread