Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indecisive
May 6, 2007

This game is pretty fun, seems hard as poo poo though, heroes can just get wasted so fast. I lost like 3 heroes in 2 floors and couldn't find any more to recruit so I had to do floors 8 and 9 I think with just the warden and power-armor lady, basically having her solo the big unpowered half of the map while gramps held down like a room or two. Managed to unlock him though so thank gently caress I'll never have to use him again I hope. Still got overwhelmed on floor 12 though, what the actual gently caress is up with the map generation there? Like, forget the lack of dust or whatever, there were no loving module slots on the floors! So stupid, I couldn't even build 1 defensible room. Also, those huge naked dudes that don't move are assholes. Are they the ones that buff other enemies on the floor? At least the rhinos have the courtesy to move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Got my first win (on very easy), time to graduate to hard mode I guess. Too Easy does seem to be a fitting name though, as I rarely had trouble opening every door on every floor and pausing very little. Ended up with Max, Sara, Ken and Rakya (started with Troe but he bit it somehow), they served pretty well for the most part but Sara definitely felt weak, at least partially because I never found a sword worth a poo poo until the last floor. Being fast as gently caress did make her quite effective at chasing down rhinos though and helping where needed. Final floor almost went real bad - it started fine, the rooms near the crystal all sucked but Max's ability at least let me scrape some extra dust together and get a room with a shop (and dust-vendor that I sold a bunch of poo poo to) and a couple minor-module only rooms to defend, eventually it felt like I had it under control, operating the 2 stat boost modules because I didn't really need more resources, then at some point I guess I just opened too many doors and before I know it there's 2 rhinos breaking down doors, Ken somehow got run over by a huge pile of bullshit despite guarding the easy side with like 1 room?? I don't know what happened, but it was obvious that it was time to go, so Max grabbed the crystal and we just ran for it with waves of dudes from all sides. I did get the achievement for opening all the doors in the run though so maybe I can stop taking unnecessary risks like that.

• Locked thread