Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Does Samus ever win the fight in the elevator at the culmination of the chain? I've gone through it maybe four times, and Gork always wins. What I'm saying is that Gork is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

BexGu posted:

So I bought the base level and since the game is on sale is it worth it to upgrade to the Crystal Pack? Is the extra mode fun?

Just play the base game a few times and buy it during the Christmas sale if you like it. No sense in spending extra money if you don't find enjoyment in it. I actually dropped the money for both the Crystal Pack and the Emperor upgrade in Endless Legend to unlock everything in DotE because I love the game.

EDIT: Anybody want to play multiplayer now? I'm open and free to showing new players the ropes at the moment.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm playing right now in Endless Drill Pod and will be on for a while. Add me if you want some in-game pointers or just some co-op shenanigans.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TastyLemons

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Thanks if you watched the stream. It ended with a Library Pod victory on Easy after 3 hours (Jesus), for a total of 29k points. I'm not sure if it's the bonuses that make Library Pod easy, or the playstyle it forces you into that makes the game easy. Turret farms everywhere!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Azran posted:

What determines who gets killed in the elevator events?

Also, any recommended heroes/ships to unlock the Refreezerator?

As far as I'm aware, it's completely random if there's a chance of either dying. People swear that the better equipped characters or higher level characters will win the elevator fights, but that has literally never been the case for me.

Kreyang, Skroig and Golgy all have ways to mitigate enemies that run right past you. The Library Pod starts you off with a Tesla 1, though you can't equip weapons.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Indecisive posted:

This game is pretty fun, seems hard as poo poo though, heroes can just get wasted so fast. I lost like 3 heroes in 2 floors and couldn't find any more to recruit so I had to do floors 8 and 9 I think with just the warden and power-armor lady, basically having her solo the big unpowered half of the map while gramps held down like a room or two. Managed to unlock him though so thank gently caress I'll never have to use him again I hope. Still got overwhelmed on floor 12 though, what the actual gently caress is up with the map generation there? Like, forget the lack of dust or whatever, there were no loving module slots on the floors! So stupid, I couldn't even build 1 defensible room. Also, those huge naked dudes that don't move are assholes. Are they the ones that buff other enemies on the floor? At least the rhinos have the courtesy to move.

Warden Mormish is one of the best characters in the game, and easily in my top 5. While his combat skill is quite poor, he is an excellent front line operator (don't let armchair general fool you, he belongs on the front line); he's a decent source of dust income when his turret farm has things to kill. Furthermore, he's one of the better crystal runners. One of his passives gives him +10 Speed (+15 once you get the second level for it) if there's someone in the room to push him along.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Thyrork posted:

The pug on the star is great. :allears:

The pug is an actual character in the game, playable only if you use random.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm streaming now with the Sanitary Pod on Easy. Bonus points for Thyrork, as I have the pug on my starting team.

https://www.hitbox.tv/tastylemondrops

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Thyrork posted:

Missed it, Christmas is not a day for things regarding to the internet! :aaa:

I lost, right when I was telling myself: Man, I should run for the exit. Nah... One more door won't kill me.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

enraged_camel posted:

This game's random level generation can be intensely frustrating. After several hours of careful planning on sweating, I got to Floor 11 on Easy. Then, not only did the game not award any Dust for seven rooms straight, it also decided to spawn a Skele that set the Defense of all heroes to ZERO for five loving turns. I pretty much insta-wiped on the next set of waves.

Whoever thought such a debuff was a good idea should be shot.

This is why I say Warden Mormish is among the better characters; dust generation is key to surviving the higher floors. Furthermore, do not skimp on research. Having rooms and rooms of turrets to deal with waves of enemies before they even reach your characters in the first place is key. Make use of the fact that enemies will not spawn in rooms that you have characters in, if you're short on dust. This will minimize the number of enemies that spawn, and you can just retreat everyone to a kill room. By far the worst Stele is the one that makes enemies ignore characters, though.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
The problem that I find a lot of players make is not putting down turrets. Put down some turrets. It's why Library Pod is so easy. You're FORCED to place turrets.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Speedball posted:

That's not Samus. Samus is the lady in the blue wetsuit and sword. Who you are controlling is Elise, who is a tank in power armor.

Samus also gets Turtle Mode.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Seblaster is the superior turret, fyi.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Azran posted:

The Seblaster will do damage to units that move on top of it/near it. The Claymore will actually shoot all the way to the beginning of the room. I really, really like the claymore/neuromodule combination (drat it I can't get the names right) for defensive zones when there's only going to be one room where monsters can spawn from. The KSP cannon is great to deal with the flying silic guys who will destroy your minor modules, unless 5 or so spawn in the wave. Then you'll need to send a hero.

For hero rooms, once you get this combination

you are done (the regen is optional if you have enough food).

Seblaster actually hits everything in the room, and is far better than Claymore for huge room chokepoints with Neurostun. Admittedly, you shouldn't park heroes in rooms with Seblasters, but it's not like those enemies are going to reach you in the first place.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Neopie posted:

Er, I checked the stats- shouldn't Tesla be flatly /better/ than Claymore? Someone please explain how I'm wrong. I legitly have no clue why one would pick Claymore and I suspect I'm missing something.

Claymore and Seblaster do AoE damage.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Streaming Dungeon of the Endless Drill Pod now if you want to see how a ~*pro*~ plays. http://www.hitbox.tv/tastylemondrops

Disclaimer: I am not a pro.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

lunatikfringe posted:

How long do you hold out before building major modules?

Drill pod has no major modules to start, so obviously that is a consideration. Obviously you want to make back the Industry you spent in the floor, but how much you value Food and Science vs Industry is another matter. I usually go heavy Science for lots of cooldown resets, but I didn't get my first Science module until like Floor 6. I actually spent a few Artifact resets to try and get them.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

redreader posted:

If you build a module on floor 1 and manage to not have it destroyed, does it still generate stuff for you on the next floor? I build an industry, then a science, then a food module on floor 1 but I suspect if it doesn't carry over I'm wasting a lot of industry. If it doesn't carry over it might just be worth building 1 industry module on floor 1.

Modules are only for that floor. Once you advance, you better have enough Industry saved up to kickstart that floor's economy. Like I said though, you almost always want to make back the Industry you spent on just Industry. Food and Science are more valuable than Industry, and it's okay if you go negative on Industry to gain Food and Science.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

lunatikfringe posted:

Play on very easy mode to start. Use all characters to open the first 2-3 rooms until you find a good chokepoint room to build defensive modules. Then use a single character to explore outward from that room, pulling any monsters you encounter back to the chokepoint. Build science modules to get your research up fast and you'll have really good defensive capabilities before long.

Don't play on very easy. Teaches you bad habits.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Did you guys know that different types of turrets will focus different types of enemies? It's why the Tesla is so powerful, in that it will focus enemies that target modules. Don't just spam one type of turret everywhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
There's no matchmaking. It's just people trying to play with their friends in formed lobbies. Don't bother playing MP unless you're playing with people you can communicate with via Teamspeak or something.

• Locked thread