Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Morek posted:

The wit bonus rounds up, which is an important point. Your high wit heroes you want operating a FIS generating building, ideally one you can use as a hub to defend off of so you're not really missing out on their manpower.

Well, the one exception is the Warden, since he offers pretty much 0 damage and he has a buff that gives +40 atk power to all heroes on the floor that are not in a room with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Really you want to build at least one industry generator and food generator per floor. Science isn't nearly as important unless you're going for KIP cannons, otherwise you can probably make do with upgraded smoking guns or tesla turrets.

Play as greedy as you can early, as dust is at a premium later on; it's best to have 1-2 wit heroes just to operate modules, as in general it's not worth building more than 3-4 modules per floor unless you're missing wit heroes or you're rolling in industry.

In the same vein, I don't think it's really worth upgrading the generators too much; unless you're lucky and get a bunch of science early, you need that science to actually get good turrets; generators are expensive to research and obviously percentage wise don't get as efficient the more you upgrade them (e.g. 3 -> 4 is a 33% increase, 5 -> 6 is a 20% increase) Since I'm pretty sure wit is a flat bonus, upgrading generators is a more terrible idea)

Upgrading heroes after a certain point isn't really worth it unless you're using the armory pod and need heroes to be max strength; even then it's dubious and I'd probably just go to 10. For non-armory runs I usually stop around 7-8 and save the rest for either score-boosting or for emergency heals during runs to the exit.

Generally you want at least one tanky hero and one fast hero at the least; tanky hero to hold checkpoints, and a fast hero to run the crystal. A repair hero is also nice.

Don't choose the bounty hunter (Sara) as one of your first heroes, she is awful until you level her up a bunch and get some gear (low health, low damage, the run fast special isn't really useful since the crystal holder can't use abilities).

On combat heroes that need to defend, you definitely want to grab the first aid kit device if you can, since it gives +10 health regen in powered rooms.

Try to kill the fatmen bosses as early as you can, since they get stronger as time goes by; they also buff monsters on the floor when at max strength, so you can leave them alone but I always get annoyed at slow repairs and heals so I usually just murder them all anyways. Sometimes they can spawn two in a room though, so watch out (most commonly when a rhino dude breaks open all the doors on the floor).

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Hiveminded posted:

That's what I initially thought, but I had doors breaking down with no rhinos in sight, and without having picked up the crystal; it occurred to me that they might be breaking it down from the other side, but that seemed absurd and implausibly unfair.

They can only break from directions that are already open. However, they can break doors down in fog of war.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I don't like the taunt items because it means the explody dudes that a lot of the time walk right past will always explode in the room, often with fatal consequences when 3-4 dudes go off at the same time.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Hikensha is useful as a science bot and mediocre operator, since she gets a +2 science per door talent at level 5, so you never really need to build sci gens ever.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
When you pick up the crystal, it's best to depower all rooms except the ones going to exit as much as possible, then just high tail it out using faster people and turrets as cover on your way out. Leave slower people to sit in rooms you can't power closer to the exit, as otherwise they might get caught in mobs and left behind.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks. I assume I just right click on the module with the given hero selected, and he goes to operate the module?

You just move the hero into the same room as the module and he'll operate it; he/she'll have a little turning gears icon appear over his/her head. However, it takes one door opening to start operating, and you lose the operating bonus if you move the hero out of the room. You can tell if it's active vs. inactive by looking at the color of the icon; if it's grey it's not active yet, if it's green the hero is operating the module and giving the bonus. If you have more than one hero who can operate in the same room, the hero with the highest wit will operate the module.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Azran posted:

Is there any way to move items from the inventory to the "saved for next floor" area? I had four items saved for next floor, including a vacuum, and when I reached it I only had one of the three.

You should be just able to click move them, unless you're full of course.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Speedball posted:

Yeah what the hell, man?

Well, after awhile you only have so much use for them, you want to keep a good stockpile for supreme emergencies (i.e. getting 0 dust over like 10 rooms), and I wouldn't say it's too hard to get; I usually play extremely greedy for the opening levels and end up with similar numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The problem is shortly after release Amplitude claimed they would fix MP but since then pretty much nothing has happened, and as it is MP is way too buggy considering you can't save (inventory bug, people crashing randomly, etc.)

• Locked thread