Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Holy crap I love this game and this isn't a genre I've ever really gotten into before.

I picked up Skroig? in my last mission and that guy was baller as gently caress. Unfortunately I wiped after picking up the Crystal because the sheer amount of enemies coming at me was insanity. I also made a very poor choice on reflection of which rooms to power. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I keep blowing my science on upgrades.

I'm on a Very Easy run at the moment, just hit completed Lv 9/12 and loving hell, three members wiped by the end of it.

Something tells me I won't complete this level.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The storyline between Skroig and Golgy is pretty funny.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nah we're all just fuckin terrible.

I can't get past floor 10 on Very Easy, I keep wiping but I think my party composition may be part of the cause and going melee heavy.

I'm enjoying the gently caress out of it to be honest.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

So uh, the elevator chatter between Golgy and Skroig sure is something. :stare:
It's my favourite interaction so far.

What sort of parties do you guys run? I tend to hit random at the moment to try out all the characters as I'm playing it but I haven't really found a set that I like to run, just a few individuals that I like.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Elise and another operator (professor, warden, Rakya) are my go-to starters. Elise is just so good as a chokepoint operator, especially with a tauntscarf.
I start with Rakya a fair bit because she seems to just chew poo poo up in defensive rooms later on when I need her to. I've been defaulting onto pairing her with not-Samus or Skroig but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Also I was doing some browsing on the Amplitude forums today when bored and I kinda hope they bring in the other vote characters from the earlier beta:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thank loving GOD, I finally finished a dungeon. I ended finishing with Hikensha/Rakya/Opbot/Josh.

Wasn't sure what to make of Josh but he made a good operator for one of my generators so I can't complain.

Hikensha/Opbot made for a good exploring force while everyone else defended key choke points and grinded out some crazy food for levelling up. Had 3 of my party at 15 by the end and over 400 industry.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I tend to have four figures in industry at some point in the winning process. You can bludgeon through a lot of problems with that many minor modules.

I've not been especially fond of Hikensha on my short uses of her. What am I missing? Rakya and Josh are fantastic :allears: and Opbot's decent enough. He doubles as a pretty good chokepoint operator.

Josh's thing is that he has shitloads of wit, a built-in +wit to all heroes, and incidentally also that "boost all other heroes on map if not engaged" cooldown. His job is what you used him for: to bolster your economy.
I didn't actually pick my heroes. I rolled random at the start and started with Hikensha and Rakya. Hikensha is just a nice all-rounder statwise and just worked well for me as a general purpose melee person. The ability to self-buff in darkened rooms really helped with exploring and clearing spawning mobs quickly before my rooms started to get flooded if I had to keep multiple routes open.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I thought the planet was already dead and the game took place after Endless Legend?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Space Bat posted:

Well that's frustrating. I had a really good run going but the stupid "secret character histories" hosed me over and now I'm down a character without any input. Great.
I know exactly which plot just caught you and the same happened to me, it's great.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think you've just got to let them buy the heroes first, I don't think there's a way to transfer them.

E: Is there a steam group for Goons playing the Endless games? Wouldn't mind playing some multiplayer of either this or Legend to be honest.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 17, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Got a question here on character abilities. Elise Ness has "Got Your Back" which grants +10% Defense when near allies they trust. What defines trust here? is it for her story side mission, or types of characters?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ahh, I see, thanks all.

Just managed to get to floor drat 10 on Easy and wiped. :argh:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thyrork posted:

Dont be shy to drop it down to Very Easy, game is rough!
Yeah, completed it a few times on Very Easy and done a few of the different pod runs. The one that requires every module to be researched(?) I thought had fulfilled the requirements of but that seems like I need to unlock it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just completed a run on the library pod with Golgy, Mormish (he died on last floor, rip), Deena and Josh. I think Golgy might be the best hero for that particular pod, she has absolutely no downside and is a great hero to pick regardless. Actually found it easier than the others because I had an absolute ridiculous amount of industry from early floors, I was hitting 400+ industry on floor 3.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

This just went up on the Amplitude FB page which I had to repost here because it made me laugh:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nope, you can get it as a playable character, but you have to random into it. :)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Modules do work when unmanned, but they provide a higher benefit when operated.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Can I get an invite too? thanks

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Flipswitch/

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That trailer is amazing.

Found this one while browsing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGJuViaIdfA
Dungeon of the Endless - The Very Short Movie

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 11, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Azran posted:

They just released a patch for both of their latest games at the same time. :allears:
I love Amplitude, the artwork they used to show the patch launch is gorgeous too:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Has anyone done the story between Skroig, Troe and Joleri yet? Didn't expect this one and it made me laugh.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Me and a few goons have been playing this multi, just on Easy with the Escape Pod and I don't think we've gotten past floor four yet, it really seems to jack up the difficulty.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

I really wish this game told me how many unopened doors there are on a floor. It would really help those ROI calculations a lot (unless there's a formula or something that I've missed).

Also launch the game this weekend since it apparently unlocks things: http://g2g.amplitude-studios.com/Free-Weekend
Oh sweet, time to play some games with buddies and all die horribly by floor 6!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Me and some buddies are marathonning some games tonight so we'll do our part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Every goal has been accomplished. :)

• Locked thread