Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
What determines who gets killed in the elevator events?

Also, any recommended heroes/ships to unlock the Refreezerator?

Azran fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is there any way to move items from the inventory to the "saved for next floor" area? I had four items saved for next floor, including a vacuum, and when I reached it I only had one of the three.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm doing a drill playthrough, up to floor 17 so far (so close to the last ship) and I just got a map with two mayor module slots and no merchants or characters.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, Mormish is amazing. Kept me all the way to floor 22 thanks to his dust ability. I had a moment's lapse and I lost two characters. :stare: Also!

This bug is incredibly annoying. It doesn't show my cursor, but I'm trying to deploy a mayor module on the room in the screenshot.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My original team up to floor ten or so were Rakya, Mormish, Elise and Kreyang, so I had three modules always being operated at all times. They were later replaced with a combat heavy team. Eventually I stopped leveling and finished all research, so I only spent food on heals and science on refreshes. Getting eaely merchants helped in some of the 16+ floors, allowing me to get up to 300 or so dust by the end of a floor.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

So this is sort of weird, but after watching a couple of videos on this game, I noticed that other people had effects that I wasn't seeing in my own game. For example, in this this video, you can see how the flames have a shimmering particle effect that is completely absent from my own game. I haven't modded or tweaked the game in any way, so I'm wondering why I can't see them...unless they were removed in patch before I ever played the game. My GPU is a MSI GTX 770 with up-to-date drivers, so I wouldn't think it would be the card.

It looks like an older build (judging by the mayor module slot, the way notifications are shown and some bits of the UI) but yeah, those look really nice.

That intro. :stare:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Wait, timer?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

At first I loved the Tesla. Then I noticed how good the Claymore is.

The four rooms I make are basically this (empty module-dependant):

2/3 claymores + 1/2 slowing modules.

3 slowing modules + 1 claymore for the longass hallways that lead to the crystal.

Bio-organic transferrence + 2 suppresive firebots + 2 dust ion whatevers for my hero room. It'd be great if you can get Tactical and LAN modules down somewhere.

Add 1 or 2 KSP cannons if you notice enemy module destroyers going for your claymores.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

uh it seems that there are turns (opening doors) and then there's a separate timer where modules are building and i assumed enemies spawn in unlit rooms and i guess the question is can you just let the game run with no consequence or is the pause function um useless outside of combat

e: cool ty the above poster, whose name i didn't catch, for answering my question without unnecessary and terminologically incorrect clarification

Sorry, I tend to miss extremely stupid things in games that I play, so it wouldn't have surprised me that there was a timer all along and I never noticed. :downs:

Also, here's a tip to make it up to you: once you're at the point where rhino riders appear, never leave dark rooms with unopened doors far from your heroes.

Azran fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 2, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So which of the two Steam groups are we going to use then? :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DotESA

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Trying to send the invites - I tend to browse the forums on my phone, and my browser refuses to keep me logged into Steam. One sec.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Thyrork posted:

Putting this in the OP, feel free to invite me and promote, ill help when i notice.

What's your steam username again? :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Level 11-12 in a normal game. Even in my drill game (23th floor) I did not see the point of going to 15. The skills don't improve that much and the food is vital for healing in a pinch.

Also Mormish and Nanor are basically vital for drill games. It is also good to have someone like Elise or Skroig in hand to combo with Mormish.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The Seblaster will do damage to units that move on top of it/near it. The Claymore will actually shoot all the way to the beginning of the room. I really, really like the claymore/neuromodule combination (drat it I can't get the names right) for defensive zones when there's only going to be one room where monsters can spawn from. The KSP cannon is great to deal with the flying silic guys who will destroy your minor modules, unless 5 or so spawn in the wave. Then you'll need to send a hero.

For hero rooms, once you get this combination

Kitfox88 posted:

Level 4 hero shield/attack boost/regen/biotransfer 4 lyfe

you are done (the regen is optional if you have enough food).

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Cryochambers can generate a toxic cloud. Their failure rate is high, unlike Dust Factories - I've seen only a handful explode in who knows how many runs.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm trying to fill out the album. I know at least one of the following is the Science ship. I dunno if the Drill gets its own picture.

I've got left the following pictures:

- The one below Mitzi and Joleri, to the right of the escape pod.
- The one with four people, two of which are Opbot and Ken. Do the other two ever fill out?
- The one to the right of Mormish, below Josh and to the left of Max.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Serpentis posted:

Essentially they pop up in an unpowered room (quite literally, they bust up the floor from below) and do a measly little groundpound that barely damages heroes in the room. The problem is that they evolve and get bigger, tougher and more damaging surprisingly quickly if you don't kill them when they first come through. If you're unlucky enough to have missed it (or simply been too busy killing the rest of the enemies) to stop it from completely hulking out you're going to have a rough time killing it (to the point where I nearly lost two very defensively spec'd level 10's - I want to say Nikensha and the power-armoured lady? - in approx. six hits). Particularly seeing as it counts as an enemy for the purposes of allowing your heroes health to regenerate. Hope you've got some food stocked up for emergency heals if that's the case.

They also buff all other enemies in the room according to how big they are.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Sorry, I meant floor.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

That's weird, I have the pack and I unlocked everything (lvl1 at least IIRC) and I got it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Fhqwhgads posted:

I was doing well on getting a 'no-pause' game going and then on floor 10 I absentmindedly just thumbed the spacebar.

Yeah.

Unbound it. I had to do that to unlock the Sanitary Pod.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The best door opener is whoever is fast and tanky, or fast and able to ignore aggro. Having a +dust on dust rooms ability helps matters, but it's not deciding. Max can get killed pretty easily at later floors if he gets a spawn full of vinesnakes.

For the best dust gathering, nothing beats Mormish + Nanor I think.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Everyone so far should have gotten invited. Say so if you haven't!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So, Mormish is pretty much vital to any Drill run.

These are floor 11 and 12 on my current run.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Mormish in a room with a generator = enough dust to cover the entirety of the map.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

They just released a patch for both of their latest games at the same time. :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Ken, you poor, poor, piece of poo poo. I will never get you to survive 3+ floors, will I? You have the constitution of a wet paper towel, and yet somehow I always choose to recruit you and attempt the fool's errand of keeping you alive.

I don't know, Ken is one of my top picks when it comes to a fast, hard hitting character, so it's not bad really. You're playing on Normal, I take it, right?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

New content, pals! Free weekend, sale, and community event :toot:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

We got the character pack, we're on the last two unlocks :toot: I'd love to have that digital artbook.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So the four new characters are actually pretty unique and fun, I'm glad they aren't just palette swaps with zero thought put into them. I love how the Medic's passive skill is basically group therapy :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yup, they are great and nicely designed. Makes me anxious to see the next community character.

Did they ever add all the stuff from the goals back during the Endless event they had a month ago?

• Locked thread