Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I got this game off a MacAddict CD once, it was like a Myst/Manhole-esque adventure game except you just like wake up and go to school and stuff. You could encounter an alien and also Busta Rhymes, and you would lose HP if he blew his smoke in your face. It had low res black and white graphics. I've been trying to figure out the name for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It was probably one of the World Builder adventure games. Did it have a tiny window?

I don't remember any of them with hit points though.

Normal sized window, like about the size of your standard hypercard game (Manhole, etc.). I don't think it was hypercard though, this was maybe 1998.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Tromboner posted:

I didn't have a PC as a kid and Escape Velocity was fun as balls. Top down 2d space sim. They made 2 more of them, I liked the second one best. There was a pretty big modding community and the biggest and best one was called Frozen heart if I remember correctly. It was cool as balls. I always tried to conquer the whole galaxy but there were always a few worlds that had an innumerable amount of defense ships.

:thumbsup: Escape Velocity and EV: Override owned, the mods ("plugins") were great, and the community used to be pretty decent. The third one was kind of a letdown though.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Leprechaun: an old-rear end Mac game where you push a pot of gold onto a rainbow while killing monsters with really weird sound effects.

• Locked thread