Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will bring this dynasty to an end?
This poll is closed.
Cletus's Recruiting Cheat Codes 2 22.22%
Responsibilities of Life 1 11.11%
Goon Meet Gone Wrong 1 11.11%
Nathan 1 11.11%
EA Bullshit 4 44.44%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I may finally have the defense this season to do the damage I usually expect to do. My qb has a noodle arm, but I've had my starter get injured every year sooo.

AF Sunday morning work for you?

84 THP is noodle arm to you lol? My ATH-QBs on Miami will max out at 83. How do you find those guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

84 THP is noodle arm to you lol? My ATH-QBs on Miami will max out at 83. How do you find those guys?

I'm starting a qb this season with 96 thp. But only 70 speed.

Bombs away all day every day.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

I won't put an ATH at QB unless they've got at least 85 THP, most of the guys I actually put there have closer to 90. Just gotta dig through em. These guys I inherited.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Sly, I'll definitely be good to go today after around 11am Eastern. What time would work for you?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

I may finally have the defense this season to do the damage I usually expect to do. My qb has a noodle arm, but I've had my starter get injured every year sooo.

AF Sunday morning work for you?

BTW I'm ready to go when ever you are.

gently caress yeah more insta commits.. Including the number 1 MLB :getin:

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

cletus42o posted:

Sly, I'll definitely be good to go today after around 11am Eastern. What time would work for you?

I'm logging on now and will be able to start between now and 11AM. If not now then I'll post when our video chat and dinner are done and we can play then.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

I'm logging on now and will be able to start between now and 11AM. If not now then I'll post when our video chat and dinner are done and we can play then.
Just saw you log in - switching discs to NCAA and I'll be ready!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

BTW I'm ready to go when ever you are.

gently caress yeah more insta commits.. Including the number 1 MLB :getin:

Gonna hop on. See you shortly.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#2 Michigan falls to #1 USC at home in an epic battle.

Game was going all Michigan's way at the start with 2 interceptions early. Then things completely crumbled in the 2nd quarter with two really unfortunate fumbles recovered by USC (video of one of them will be uploaded shortly at Sly's request). USC ended up scoring 21 unanswered points in the 2nd quarter.

Michigan wasn't about to call it quits though. Scored a TD to make it 23-28, and I went for the 2 point to make it a FG game - but USC intercepted it and returned it all the way to make it 23-30. USC recovered an onsides kick, but Michigan was able to hold them to a FG - but leaving less than 30 seconds on the clock. Got a quick score to make it 30-33, but with only 5 seconds left, and USC recovered the onsides.

Was really hoping to make it one of the craziest games ever by somehow tying it up by recovering and getting a FG (likely impossible given the time left though) to bring us into OT, but alas.

Dick Butt however did have another great game, with another 200 yards receiving and 3 TDs. (but he did fumble the ball on the play I'll be uploading for Sly) I'm really hoping to keep him in the Heisman race.

GG Sly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r4J7YJZCJk

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 9, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
And the Dick Butt for Heisman campaign is completely underway at Mighigan this year:

vs #5 Notre Dame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhxuI1MTzzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCmAonG4T9Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9B69FtwV4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfDcbxqDrsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGGHJ0Gg0sQ

vs #1 USC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKhRKZ2rZAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJAUh5YxCoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHyx30FtuFA

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Insane game cletus, never thought a pick 2 would matter that much. I'm annoyed at Mr. Dick Butt. I tried keying in on him every play, double covering him and he still was open all game. Two of those post-route TDs were against cover 3 as well. Anyone have any ideas on how to adjust your D so that a one man wrecking machine like that is covered (what did you all do against M. Lee last season?).

Based on how you methodically have moved the ball against me the past 3 games I set my D to aggressive for strip ball hence why Dick Butt broke 3 or 4 tackles on that uploaded play. Did you have the same set? It seemed like I was also tossing defenders off me until I set my break tackle to conservative out of fear of a fumble. That uploaded play wasn't quite as crazy as I remember real time but did last a very long time.

Good game with lots of swings, I'm glad it wasn't 5 quarters, I don't think I would have lasted that long. For whatever reason I turn into a pick tossing machine against you more than anyone else, I really need to work on that.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well that didn't really go well at all. OSU falls at UCLA 17-10. 3 picks oh boy yeah (2 in the red zone, 1 that was converted to the first UCLA TD) doomed me. Also the complete lack of a real running game. Had chances and blew most of them. GG

This team always feels like it lacks something, it looks very similar in terms of the roster to my VT teams, but meh. Close game, that's two losses in the Rose Bowl vs UCLA now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Based on how you methodically have moved the ball against me the past 3 games I set my D to aggressive for strip ball hence why Dick Butt broke 3 or 4 tackles on that uploaded play. Did you have the same set? It seemed like I was also tossing defenders off me until I set my break tackle to conservative out of fear of a fumble. That uploaded play wasn't quite as crazy as I remember real time but did last a very long time.
What do you mean by the same set? I usually only change formations on defense, unless I've got the lead and want to switch out my QB/HB which doesn't happen often against users. I may have audibled into that play action pass but I can't remember for sure.

I'm definitely playing differently with the team with Butt at TE - but same playbook, just not running the ball as much so far this season.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

What do you mean by the same set? I usually only change formations on defense, unless I've got the lead and want to switch out my QB/HB which doesn't happen often against users. I may have audibled into that play action pass but I can't remember for sure.

I'm definitely playing differently with the team with Butt at TE - but same playbook, just not running the ball as much so far this season.

Sorry, i meant did you have strip ball set to aggressive.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

And the Dick Butt for Heisman campaign is completely underway at Mighigan this year:

Pad 'em up cuz I'm personally gonna blanket him like a newborn :getin:

E: I think we're just waiting on Dubious who's gone until Tuesday. We'll advance after he plays his CPU game. K-State was annoying last season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Sorry, i meant did you have strip ball set to aggressive.
I think I did have it on during one quarter but after getting tossed around so much I made sure to turn it off. Your HB was going so hard I thought I might have a good chance to get a strip at one point.

John Brown posted:

That can only happen if we make it to the conference championship, so I hope you get that chance.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Well that didn't really go well at all. OSU falls at UCLA 17-10. 3 picks oh boy yeah (2 in the red zone, 1 that was converted to the first UCLA TD) doomed me. Also the complete lack of a real running game. Had chances and blew most of them. GG

This team always feels like it lacks something, it looks very similar in terms of the roster to my VT teams, but meh. Close game, that's two losses in the Rose Bowl vs UCLA now.

GG dude.

Myles Jack is such a force on the line and I'm going to miss him when he graduates. He's pretty much a young Julius Peppers at this point and he's almost unblockable. Hopefully my change in play style helps me win more games this year.

Oh yeah forgot College Gameday gif.

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 10, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

E: I think we're just waiting on Dubious who's gone until Tuesday. We'll advance after he plays his CPU game. K-State was annoying last season.

im back now, im just jet lagged as gently caress.

I will play mine tomorrow after work.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Badgers dismantle K-State 48-17, with a hilarious time expiring pick six on them.

My offense is going to be rough for a few games because my run game is trash without Gordon and my QB is slow as a statue and I can't evade the rush anymore with my QB's scrambling ability.

He's pinpoint loving accurate though; 99 THA.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 4!

User Matchups:
#6 Michigan (cletus) @ #14 Wisconsin (dubious)

CPU Game:
USC
Penn St.
Michigan St.
UCLA

Byes:
OSU
Nebraska

Idk...maybe a Thursday or Friday night advance.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
dooby when can you play? I can definitely play Wed/Thurs night, and probably tonight.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

John Brown posted:

We're at Week 4!

User Matchups:
#6 Michigan (cletus) @ #14 Wisconsin (dubious)

CPU Game:
USC
Penn St.
Michigan St.
UCLA

Byes:
OSU
Nebraska

Idk...maybe a Thursday or Friday night advance.

UCLA over Northwestern 70 something to 7.

So many CPU shenanigans in that game.. I've never had a game that featured 3 fumbles on 3 consecutive drives. Anything to keep me from scoring 100 I guess.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

dooby when can you play? I can definitely play Wed/Thurs night, and probably tonight.

I can probably do tomorrow or thursday. tonight would be a late game and i'm on the Best Coast, so if you're up for that, you can destroy me then. I don't have confidence right now with an offense based on a pocket passer, especially in NCAA.

Recruiting this year is going to make or break my future at Wisconsin if I can't get a mobile QB. The mobile QB i got this year has plenty of speed but his arm is a weak rear end 70 THP.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

I can probably do tomorrow or thursday. tonight would be a late game and i'm on the Best Coast, so if you're up for that, you can destroy me then. I don't have confidence right now with an offense based on a pocket passer, especially in NCAA.
What times are you talking about for any of those 3 nights? I may have a chance to do a late game, but generally anything starting after 11pm Eastern on a weeknight is tough. Wife may be off on a work trip tonight though which might make a late game work for me.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus and Dio, we'll advance as soon as Cletus and Dubious play their game.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Should be able to play mine tonight

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're going to hopefully be able to knock it out tonight (or tomorrow night) but with Dubious on the west coast it makes weeknights tricky. Worst case I think we'll be able to do the game during the day on Friday, since I think we're both going to be home that day.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're advancing by Friday night for sure then.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dubious, let me know if you're going to be able to make it at some point during the day today.. I don't want to take a sim.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious is on AP. Cletus, if you guys can't play today then please knock the game out.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Dubious is on AP. Cletus, if you guys can't play today then please knock the game out.
OK - he should be on during the day today, so I'll wait until evening before I play the CPU. It's still super early for him, and I'm going to be around all day.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan over Wisconsin, 50-15. Unfortunately my defense was stopping pretty much everything, had two INTs and then a KR TD on top of that.

Dick Butt with another 215 yards and 3 TDs.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 5!

User Matchup:
#20 Wisconsin (Dubious) @ #7 OSU (ZSB)

CPU Games:
UCLA
USC
Mich St.
Michgan
Nebraska

Monday night advance?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cletus42o posted:

Michigan over Wisconsin, 50-15. Unfortunately my defense was stopping pretty much everything, had two INTs and then a KR TD on top of that.

Dick Butt with another 215 yards and 3 TDs.

I'm uncomfortable with this headline.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I tried editing one of the stories for a game this season, and both Dick and Butt become ****. :(

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
cletus hope none of my starters got injured in that rout.

If I lose my QB at all this season, it's over, my backup has 70 THP.

Z, i'm feeling like poo poo today and probably will be sick tomorrow. Sunday?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

I don't think so, and I only kicked FGs in the 2nd half (except for the KR TD). I was trying to take it a little easy (after getting Butt a few TDs), but I didn't want to just sit back and let your team score, either.

If I had seen a player get injured on your side, I was planning on restarting the game - so I hope nothing happened that I didn't notice!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 15, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Z, i'm feeling like poo poo today and probably will be sick tomorrow. Sunday?

Sunday is fine, I was working all day and haven't slept much in the past day. So maybe Sunday afternoon? I don't give a poo poo about the NFL.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA over Iowa 77-7.

Devin Fuller already has 1132 total yards on the season... too bad he wont be recognized for this by the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

UCLA over Iowa 77-7.

Devin Fuller already has 1132 total yards on the season... too bad he wont be recognized for this by the game.

Biletnikoff award is probably already yours. Heisman is almost all about total yards from scrimmage + TDs.

It's how my QB for my VT team stormed up the Heisman chart the last 3 weeks by scoring just a gently caress ton of TDs on long chunk yardage plays.

• Locked thread