Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How fuckin slick is Israel's game, son!?
This poll is closed.
So slick 37 14.74%
Slicker than Rick 65 25.90%
Like the wettest poonanny 149 59.36%
Total: 251 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Lazy Reservist posted:

The thing that really sets IDF and PAL apart is that IDF actually plans for the future and puts points into research. Granted PAL isn't able to gather resources and points in the same amounts, but they never really seem to plan past then next round. It's like they go in knowing they're gonna lose, then bitch and complain to the other clans that IDF is unbalanced in some vain hope the devs will finally do something about it.

You'd think after the first two zerg rushes failed, PAL would quit trying to rush and start tiering up their tech research like GOE and KSA. You'd be wrong; they sure are committed to their strat, 120 years into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MadMattH posted:

The funniest part about all that is that they play in a zone completely controlled by IDF pretty much every game. Everyone involved knows they aren't going to tech up but what they do is like a Zerg rush only they only send one at a time. They could at least save up the one lovely perk they do have and maybe make one huge attack. Their only other option is to get some of the major players on their side, but they seem to go out of their way to piss them off too.

Also it's pretty funny that IDF actually built a wall around them so they can't freemove at all. I remember in the early game when the PACT did that in that territory they shared with 4 other clans and the other clans were like "Hell naw!' , and just flew over. It does seem to be working for IDF though.

Hell, early game they had hydras operating on cross-map raids against secondary CCs with some mutas at GOE's base. PAL keepd sticking to mid-game strats with early game tech, while Israel keeps vals over their base and has seige tanks behind those FB-filled bunkerwalls. They really need to gg already; IDF could be playing diamond league but no, they're stuck at bronze because PAL doesn't know when they've lost.

I really think PAL needs to be highlited on WhenCheeseFails. Especially since they're trying to start a PAL v. GOE bronze v. silver game.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

PAL are now playing Diplomacy in the metagame. Their tactical losses are going to build up to a strategic victory, and all those ISR fools are going to look mighty stupid with all the equipment they leeched of their parents.

I don't think anyone else realizes they started a Diplomacy table game besides GOT. Pretty sure everyone else attends IDF's weekly kegger & poker game. I'm pretty sure IDF keeps asking PAL their mailing address to send an invite, except PAL won't recognize IDF's right to use a postal system.

Its pretty weird and they keep missing out on some drat fun times.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, god drat. PAL obviously doesn't want to party with IDF when IDF breaks into their house and kills their family members every other weekend.

IDF ob feels PAL respawn rates are set too high with their current tech tier. Really PAL should download the "GamersGate GenderSim" skin

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DarkCrawler posted:

Every team has those glorious stats from the past, only few of them are good today. Reminder that TeamHez took out 100+ IDF tanks out of the equation with zero tank losses on their own side. Because they didn't even have any tanks. I mean if you really want badass K:D rations, every team has more glorious records the IDF can hope for their best day. Against way better teams too.

Yeah, Clan IDF was formed via server merger after Clan DEU industrialized spawncamping. Just no way they can beat that K:D Ratio even if they went fullbot

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

team overhead smash posted:

It could be cool. The others introduced this whole new diplomatic metagame that was really cool. It just went to poo poo because clans like IDF didn't buy the expansions and just carried on with their straight-forward shooty-shooty FPS.

Dude, I know you're a big Mac fan and all, just because Clan IDF went with Windows doesn't mean their servers are incompatible for Mac players. Mac players just have to register with the "Games for Windows" system and enter their product key and bam! They can use the same servers as Clan IDF.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

RandomPauI posted:

What would the mosque controversy be considered? Settlers trying to take over the other sides turf with a cultural win?

Capture-the-flag with no timelime

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Lazy Reservist posted:

So what does everyone think about PAL's melee attack on an IDF spawn point?

An attack on a password-protected minecraft server isn't the same as losing a round in CS:GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

Goddamn I wish english-only was enforced on this server.

Its a travesty they play with open mics. Take that poo poo to a private TS server or some poo poo

• Locked thread