Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

the ancient Sunni/Shia vendetta is being played out on the streets of Sydney, a severe rebuke to the ideals of multiculturalism

Define "the ideals of multiculturalism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

I don't recall Orthodox Jews shooting reform synagogues with guns, link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irgun_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_and_massacres_in_Mandatory_Palestine

Idiot.

Very hard to define as you would know but I would venture that they do not include Sectarian shootings in parallel with a war happening half the world away.

So do you normally define things by what they're not? Well, you're not very intelligent, so I guess your system works.

BlitzkriegOfColour fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 3, 2014

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

In Australia, yuk ow the country we live in. I do agree that Australian citizens shouldn't fight in the IDF.

ok then: peaceful relationships between different communities.

You don't even know the correct definition of multiculturalism. Why are you even taking about it, then? Maybe you should stop playing video games for ten seconds and actually read something, little boy?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

I don't recall Orthodox Jews shooting reform synagogues with guns, link?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-02-26/mossad-factory-churned-out-fake-australian/343612

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

drat, in calling me a racist you appear to have won the debate and addressed the issue. You should Call your mum and tell her

Go and die, you sickening human stain. Australia would be better off without you.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Again, this is not comparable. If what you are getting at is that The Jewish community here may have divided loyalties in the same way I am implying Muslims are then yes I agree. Au citizens should be banned from going to serve in the IDF and our policy towards Palestine and settlements can be unduly influenced by the Jewish lobby, I agree with you.

But just put away contrarianism mr blitzkrieg because I would like your genuine opinion on this. It troubles me that sectarian violence is being played out in this way and it troubles me that we seem to lack the mechanism to address it.

My genuine opinion is that the media and the public are in an anti-moslem frenzy in much the same way the german public and german media were in an anti-jew frenzy around the time of the NDSP. My genuine opinion is that you are filth for even playing devil's advocate here and suggesting that it's a legitimate concern.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

What's Devils advocacy? Its a given that sectarian shooting at families is a legitimate concern, this being Sydney rather than Beirut.

The history of Sydney is a thousand times more sickening than the history of Beirut.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

So, is this just another farce, or is it the beginning of an ethnic cleansing?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Palmersaurus posted:

Bold the whole thing:

A QUEENSLAND domestic violence hotline has been so overwhelmed by women calling for help that some calls have had to go unanswered.

The startling revelation was made by DV Connect Queensland, which also told a public hearing of the Senate inquiry into domestic violence in Australia yesterday that the situation was so dire now that unless a woman had broken bones her situation was not considered “serious”.

The organisation can handle up to 120 calls daily but on Wednesday was snowed under with more than 300 calls seeking help.

DV Connect CEO Di Mangan said not only was the volume of calls increasing but the women’s situations were worsening.

“Most of them are serious to the point now where you think if someone doesn’t have fractures or serious injuries we’re actually starting to see them as not so serious,” Ms Mangan said. “We’re beyond capacity in Queensland.”

She said workers had to juggle up to nine cases at once and were forced on Wednesday to let calls go unanswered.

“I just had to send an email to the workers yesterday, for the first time, (saying) ‘and I hate to have to say this to you as a work group but you have to leave calls’,” Ms Mangan said. “I’ve been watching this trend going up over the year.”

During the hearing, Liberal senator Cory Bernardi sparked anger from Greens senator Larissa Waters when he told representatives of the state’s oldest women’s refuge they were not “experts” and there were times it was appropriate for a man to put his partner in a headlock.

Women’s House Shelta’s Barbara Crossing told the hearing a man had a protection order taken out against his partner using evidence she bit him under the arm.

Ms Crossing, a support worker since 1991, said the injury could only have been caused by the man having the woman in a headlock.

Senator Bernardi said police considered headlocks an “appropriate means of deferring an aggressor”
and Ms Crossing was second-guessing the police who were the “experts”.

Senator Waters said Ms Crossing was the expert and a headlock was an example of domestic violence.

This is the most stomach turning thing of the day. Cory Bernardi should literally die in the most horrible way possible, and then ground into a fine paste, and then erased from history.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I got an international Chinese student pregnant, I don't want the child or be with her, but she would not get an abortion. I don't know what her intentions are, but I think she might want to use it to get Australian residency, but I don't really care about that.

I want to know, will the child be an Australian citizen if born here and will I have to pay child support for the next 18 years??

Lol

Also, I went past an angry anti-LNP protest in Rochdale the other day. Anyone know what that was about? Not even the green left weekly seems to have covered it

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

Yeah, if you don't feel comfortable with directly challenging their racism then playing it completely straight/dumb is the best option imo

If you don't feel comfortable challenging racism and bigotry then you should work on becoming comfortable comfortable enough to do so.

Also, that Rockhampton story, ugh. Reminded me of when I worked across from Palm Island and there publican asked me to charge the Aborigines more. I was only eighteen, so I said yes, after I questioned it and he refunded, but I made a point of secretly charging them less instead

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Quasimango posted:

This is my ignorant/ cliched idea of each of the state Green parties:

NSW Greens: ex-communists
Victoria Greens: latte sipping/craft beer swilling hipsters
Queensland Greens: anti-GMO, anti vax, anti fluoride hippies
Tasmania Greens: tree-huggers
WA Greens: Scott Ludlam personality cult
SA Greens: um...something Sarah Hanson-Young
NT Greens: lol

ACT?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Adnar posted:

Another great day in Australian-Islamic relations.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-1227134304876

I'm a fan of the fella who is opposing it only for infrastructure reasons.

Antifa made a good showing, which is impressive as they're not exactly on home turf out there

The screaming subhuman in the black shirt and resembling a larger order of the ape family looks like the dude who assaulted me unprovoked in a Central Coast pub just after the Cronulla riots.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

CrazyTolradi posted:

Was this after you wasted a bunch of his time at Harvey Norman?

Hey dickhead, there's a time for humour and there's a time when it's completely inappropriate.

When a victim of a hate crime is talking about their assault, it's a good indicator it's not the right time for levity. Are you twelve years old?

In all likelihood he's never had a job. He had that air of prisoner's silence about him.

But then, why am I taking to a Queensland redneck who in all likelihood had no ability to empathize with anyone who isn't white?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Amethyst posted:

You're a brainless twit. I apologized promptly for my careless initial use of a gendered term. Not that it stopped the resident loudmouth dullard from chiming in with pointless insults.

Stop posting.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

You lucky son of a gun.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Isn't this like the second or third time you've made this post?

It is a good post.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Murodese posted:

They tried killing her once but she just rose again

You have to destroy her phylactery. How many times do I have to remind you about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Starshark posted:

Now you're just ganging up on me to play gotcha!

Who the hell are you quoting?

• Locked thread