Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power
I can't be the only one who has issues being able to sit and type for hours at a time. I just started using a foam roller every 3-4 hours and it helps but I could use some more tips. Has anyone tried using an exercise ball as a chair? I saw that online but it doesn't seem very realistic. Maybe mine needs to be re inflated a little... Graphic designers and other computer people feel free to add to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Just stand up every hour and do some jumping jacks or something?

Using an exercise ball as a chair sounds like murder on your back.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

I don't know about exercises. I can't seem to exercise these days without hurting myself.

I have issues with sitting in a desk chair for awhile. My back is pretty shot. A desk chair for longer than an hour and I'll have a week of pain and muscle relaxants in my future.

Instead of doing exercises to be comfortable (which I won't be) I've been just skipping it and writing with this stuff from my LaZboy and sofa. The Alphasmart Neo is really easy to write with on your lap and I can't imagine going back to a desk chair after this. When I need to look something up I just drag over the macbook air.

Mommyblog Mindy
Apr 6, 2012

power is power
I like to have an array of snacks around when I write so the recliner won't work.

I wonder if icy hot is a bad idea. Last time I used it on my lower back I had an issue with sweating and it ran down my body and into the completely wrong areas :stare: but I guess if I keep still and don't overheat it would be ok.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its important to do finger exercises before writing, i highly recommend mashing your f5 key to really get you in the rhythm of key presses. if your back starts to hurt, might i recommend an Extreme Gaming Chair? dont forget your Gunnars if your eyes feel a bit sore

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The most important step is to do writing exercises until it's time to go to sleep, and then you realize you didn't do any actual writing and now you have to do it tomorrow. Repeat ad naseum to really build up your endurance.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Okay so what you do is

First you eat a bag of doritos. Every day for the first week; breakfast lunch and dinner you eat a bag of doritos.

Week 2 you upgrade to one medium pizza with New York crust, and one soda. If you're really hardcore you can add in cheesy fries.

Weeks 3 and 4 you just wanna pile that poo poo in your mouth with a funnel. You are a bear preparing for winter man, and the winter is writing a story where two men want to kiss each other buy can't due to the strict social rules of Victorian robot society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Or you could go to the gym like a normal person whatever works

• Locked thread