Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Bluedeanie posted:

I personally remember Uncle Creepy saying those things on JRE so at the very least I can confirm CommonShore isn't making anything up. I seem to remember him suggesting that all happened after high school though, but that might be misremembering on my part.

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's on about then, since "after high school" for him is "high school" for me (he's a couple years older than me). Maybe I just wasn't around for that stuff. I'd think I would have heard about it, but maybe I've just forgotten the stories?

The dude also does just lie sometimes, so there's that possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked Ian McCall when his personal life was a complete dumpster fire. Dude needs to shut up and win some loving fights.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So the winner of Werdum/Hunt is probably going to end up facing JDS before Cain gets healthy. We're probably going to get Cain/JDS 4.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
looking forward to the eagerly anticipated return of Cain Velasquez second half 2015 until he breaks his schmagecky

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Trast posted:

So the winner of Werdum/Hunt is probably going to end up facing JDS before Cain gets healthy. We're probably going to get Cain/JDS 4.

has this been confirmed anywhere or are you just taking a guess? Cause even though JDS is fighting a ranked contender in Miocic, after that match UFC has quite a few options for him that aren't title matches. Such as the winners of either the Mitrione/Gonzaga match or more likely winner of Struve/Overeem fighting on the same card. They also have the winners of Browne/Schaub, Arlovski, and Big Ben ROTHWELL but those guys will probably be kept away from JDS since it doesn't do UFC any good to knock off those contenders.

UFC makes interim titles to save events but they are generally reluctant to schedule any defenses with them. Cain would have to be out all of next year before they did that, and I also think JDS being chosen to fight the winner of Werdum/Hunt would be the last option.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yeah I could be off on the specifics, I'll fully concede that, but I have at least an impressionist memory of his stories, the key point of which was "be a dick to instigate poo poo for the purposes of starting a fight". I'm also not going to sift through a 3h podcast that I listened to once over a year ago to find where he said these things. It really could have been "making poo poo up to sound cool." Nothing I remember would undermine that.

Not that I was a saint either when I was a teenager. Maybe it was just that he seemed proud.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bubba Smith posted:

has this been confirmed anywhere or are you just taking a guess? Cause even though JDS is fighting a ranked contender in Miocic, after that match UFC has quite a few options for him that aren't title matches. Such as the winners of either the Mitrione/Gonzaga match or more likely winner of Struve/Overeem fighting on the same card. They also have the winners of Browne/Schaub, Arlovski, and Big Ben ROTHWELL but those guys will probably be kept away from JDS since it doesn't do UFC any good to knock off those contenders.

UFC makes interim titles to save events but they are generally reluctant to schedule any defenses with them. Cain would have to be out all of next year before they did that, and I also think JDS being chosen to fight the winner of Werdum/Hunt would be the last option.

Well JDS has beaten Gonzaga and Struve already, and pretty savagely too. Mitrione and Overeem would probably be good matches, particularly if the UFC has no interest in keeping Overeem on contract.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

CommonShore posted:

Not that I was a saint either when I was a teenager. Maybe it was just that he seemed proud.

I think you're right and that's one of the things I find most off-putting about him now.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
It was mostly a guess due to JDS beating most of the other options already.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

CommonShore posted:

Well JDS has beaten Gonzaga and Struve already, and pretty savagely too.

Yep but those two fights were a long time ago. The Gonzaga match is coming up on 5 years and the Struve one 6. These days where UFC has frequent immediate rematches or near immediate ones, those two would be appropriate.

(:ssh: I also don't expect them to win their next matches either so it's really between Overeem or Mitrione)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bubba Smith posted:

The Gonzaga match is coming up on 5 years and the Struve one 6.

:staredog:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I started out an Ian McCall fan because he reminds me of my friends who were raging assholes when younger that instigated problems and such and made me remember the fun times I had with those guys then McCall keeps talking and I remember why I don't associate with those people any more and in retrospect it wasn't really fun we were just on drugs. McCall is a much more accurate representation of Northern CA bro culture than Team Alpha Male is, that's for certain, though

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i first heard of ian mccall before the tiny fella tournament, and everyone said they were glad that smaller weight classes were here because mccall was good but also small. then he had that really good match with demetrious (that i thought he won), then the next fight with mighty mouse wasn't as good and i immediately stopped giving a poo poo

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Ian McCall is like the George W Bush of the UFC because I see him and can totally picture drinking with him, then I remember that the people I drink with are dumb losers and that being a dumb loser, while a helpful base for fighting/presidenting, is not necessarily in itself sufficient

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ian McCall might have actually finished DJ at that point in the fight if he actually concentrated on his G+P and didn't try to look cool by yelling and stuff.

That was the best fight he'll ever have, and he's not going to have another like it.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Rockhold watches the Bisping v Cungly fight, gets a little bitchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIBLvmI-utA

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

outy posted:

Rockhold watches the Bisping v Cungly fight, gets a little bitchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIBLvmI-utA

where does he get bitchy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Google Butt posted:

where does he get bitchy

September 10, 2011

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

September 10, 2011

I haven't seen it, Was he hesitant to engage in that fight or are you just mad he beat Jacare?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm just implying he's been insufferable forever and picked a point that he probably hovered into my consciousness. I never really watched much SF.

Edit: Also Luke Rockhold wins the SF belt, almost exactly one year later Benghazi happens. Coincedence? I'll let you decide.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 3, 2014

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Also Luke Rockhold wins the SF belt, almost exactly one year later Benghazi happens. Coincedence? I'll let you decide.

tim kennedy account spotted

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bluedeanie posted:

tim kennedy account spotted

Tim Kennedy's spotter's account spotted

:golgo:

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 3, 2014

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Tim Kennedy's spotter's account spotted

:golgo:

#badidea

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You have no idea how much I hate him for that.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Decades posted:

Ian McCall is like the George W Bush of the UFC because I see him and can totally picture drinking with him, then I remember that the people I drink with are dumb losers and that being a dumb loser, while a helpful base for fighting/presidenting, is not necessarily in itself sufficient

What

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Google Butt posted:

where does he get bitchy

He suggested that Mr Bisping, a fellow professional athlete, had poor technique, was throwing pitter-patter punches and lacked the ability to finish the fight. I know Luke is a dreamboat, but he can still be a bit catty sometimes.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

outy posted:

He suggested that Mr Bisping, a fellow professional athlete, had poor technique, was throwing pitter-patter punches and lacked the ability to finish the fight. I know Luke is a dreamboat, but he can still be a bit catty sometimes.

Hating on Bisping is always commendable.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I believe he was lumping a 2 term President of the United States, and a middling MMA fighter whose main claim to fame is one time posing during a fight and having a stupid mustache, into the same category of "dumb loser".

outy posted:

I like when Bisping started talking poo poo and Luke blushed and didn't know what to say.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Hating on Bisping is always commendable.

Bisping is good and cool, actually.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Bisping is good but not cool. Or maybe he's so uncool that his negative coolness loops back and he actually is cool.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bisping has gotten better with age

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

attackmole posted:

Bisping is good but not cool.

You got this backwards

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I've decided to go back and watch all the fights of some of my favorites, GSP, Anderson, Penn, Fedor, Silva etc. Watching GSP's run right now & gently caress sake, I don't remember ever seeing the first Hughes fight, with the sweet armbar finish. Did NOT expect that. Anyway, he's just pulverised Hughes into dust. What a great story GSP-Hughes was.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Bisping is a pretty good fighter, but being a thin-skinned whiny manchild who can dish it out but not take it is never cool.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
And then he got KO'd by the ghost of BJ Penn hahaahahaha

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Luke Rockhold is cooler than Michael Bisping in every which way including having a much better name

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Everything about Bisping and the Diaz brothers should make me dislike them immensely but I can't help but like them and I have no idea why.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Huh, suddenly everyone dislikes Ian McCall.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

-Atom- posted:

Huh, suddenly everyone dislikes Ian McCall.

Godspeed on the quest to find things to like about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Godspeed on the quest to find things to like about him

He looks like a bartender in Brooklyn. He seems profoundly unhappy. He's probably got a nice bicycle. His fights are sometimes pretty entertaining.

• Locked thread