Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It is said that every year, after the last unbeaten team in the NFL is defeated, the surviving members of the 1972 Miami Dolphins pop open a bottle of Champagne. This is to celebrate their legacy as the only team in NFL history to go perfect.

There is one other team with a similar perfect record. It is said every year, when the last winless team gets a W, the 2008 Detroit Lions pop open a bottle of Maddog 20/20 and play Russian Roulette. They are not the only winless team in NFL history. They are however, the only established franchise to go winless during a full NFL season. They were so bad, they were the greatest shame of Matt Millen's executive career. And he was the Chairman of The Second Mile.

And just like the Miami Dolphins, it looked like that record would never be broken.

Until now.

That's right, with each week, it becomes more and more apparent the Oakland Raiders may be the second established franchise in the NFL to go a full NFL season without a win.

Reason 1: Schedule

Yikes

Reason 2: Coaching

Yikes

Reason 3: Facilities

YIKES

Reason 4: Management

YIKES!

Let this thread be a celebration as arguably the worst team ever fielded in the history of modern football marches their way to glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
And yes I just realized it should be 0-16

gently caress you

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Holy gently caress I didn't realize how bad the Raiders schedule has/will been/be until that handy image with logos.

The only team anywhere near being as much of a disaster was the Jets week 1 and that naturally is the only win the Jets have this year. :laugh:

Look at it this way Raider fans, Carr has been pretty decent for a rookie QB thrown into a terrible, terrible situation and that #1 overall pick can be traded away for a bounty of picks your FO (or new FO maybe?) totally won't piss away on garbage for once! Or take the best bomb rear end player available! Win win right?

Hell, Mack has been a very nice addition so that pick wasn't blown either. Carr and Mack are two solid building blocks for your next HC to scheme around because they won't be an utter and complete joke as well!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want the Raiders to be good again. I hate when once proud franchises are reduced to this :smith:

Also I think the black hole is cool and dressing like it's Halloween is cool.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
To be fair if there is any team in the league that could somehow find a way to lose 18 games it would be the Raiders.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think the Raiders are better than their record suggests. They should get 1 win in there somehow. Derek Carr looks pretty good and they got rid of their awful coach.

... they'll still get 1st overall, though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Look at the scrub OP who forgot all about the 0-14 Buccaneers.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Look at the scrub OP who forgot all about the 0-14 Buccaneers.

Look at this scrub poster who didn't read

The Buccs weren't an established franchise when they went 0-14 :smug:

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

seiferguy posted:

I think the Raiders are better than their record suggests. They should get 1 win in there somehow. Derek Carr looks pretty good and they got rid of their awful coach.

The only real possibility is maybe Buffalo if Orton is injured or goes on a bender and is MIA for gameday, maybe the Rams if they take a huge poo poo on the field...

Or Week 17 when Denver may or may not be locked into whatever playoff seed they end up with so they rest Peyton. :shrug:

Week 17 might be their best bet at this point.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

To be fair if there is any team in the league that could somehow find a way to lose 18 games it would be the Raiders.

They lost all 4 of their Preseason games fwiw.

e: wait I'm reading stuff wrong nvm.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I want the Raiders to be good again. I hate when once proud franchises are reduced to this :smith:

Also I think the black hole is cool and dressing like it's Halloween is cool.

I'm gonna say the same thing when the Pats aren't good :smith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

I argued the same about the Jets two weeks ago. Both teams have been fighting, but nothing goes their way.

I'll accept some blame for this though. My argument in the offseason was that the Raiders were such a joke, they had to overpay aging veterans that weren't really wanted to try and build a presentable roster and erase the stink of the last decade, and that clearly hasn't worked.

They have the potential (man Mack looks good) to build a roster, but they're basically a few baby steps past where they were last year. Very few good players, a half dozen acceptable, and then a roster of awful. To be wrong again, I think they should draft heavily next year on OL or the front 7, just best player on either first 3 rounds to try to fix the trenches. The receivers are a total nightmare, but I think there, their best bet is to overpay (they have to) some B guy so Carr has someone to throw 150 pass attempts at. Won't be efficient, but if Carr's at least standing up they can hopefully give him the time to develop without dying.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
The Raiders will sneak in 1 win before the end of the year. My guess would be either the Charges, or the Chiefs because the Raiders usually (always?) manage to steal a win in one of those games no matter how lovely they are. Their last 3 games have all been relatively close, and they've shown they aren't a total dumpster fire (yet).

Also Carr looks like he has a lot of potential and Mack is legit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Look at this scrub poster who didn't read

The Buccs weren't an established franchise when they went 0-14 :smug:

They existed, so therefore they were an established franchise.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Chiefs, Buffalo, or Rams are going to let them back into the league with a win.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

They existed, so therefore they were an established franchise.

Established as in not playing their first season

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Buccaneers were so bad they should've folded the team and brought the Bandits in when the USFL folded.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My favorite part of the whole Raiders meltdown is still them burying the drat ball

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
It is said that if you go out to the Oakland practice field at midnight on a full moon, you can still hear the cries of Dennis Allen's career symbolically buried beneath second base

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i root for the shittiest football team, what excuse do you fuckers have for being sad about your team

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Losing four Superbowls.
The original Hail Mary was thrown against them.
Going 15-1 and losing in the playoffs in 1998.
Superstar RB turned out to be a terrible father.
Christian Ponder is still on the roster.

I'm missing a few.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This Raiders team would beat the poo poo out of the 2006 Raiders

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pray for the Bills to lock up the AFC 5 seed and rest their players in week 16.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

This Raiders team would beat the poo poo out of the 2006 Raiders

That team won against the Forty Niners this year.
We play the Forty Niners in December.
1-15 confirmed

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Even if the Raiders go 0-16 I still think the 2008 Lions are the worse team. Unless they also lose a game on something as insane as the Orlovsky safety.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

axeil posted:

Even if the Raiders go 0-16 I still think the 2008 Lions are the worse team. Unless they also lose a game on something as insane as the Orlovsky safety.

Yeah the Lions schedule was way easier than the Raiders one is

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
They will beat the Browns AND the Jets

2 wins.

Book it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Athanatos posted:

2 wins.

Book it.

um

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Watching this team is a dream come true compared to watching the '06/07 squads.

It's like every week there's a chance for this team to prove it isn't one of the worst teams ever and..and it just doesn't happen. Every game has a "welllll, if they didn't commit that ONE turnover it's a close game"

Athanatos posted:

2 wins.

Book it.

Oh boy, might wanna sit down for this one

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Athanatos posted:

2 wins.

Book it.

Can I take your action? Just go ahead and mail me a check with what you would have bet on them because lolllll.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

Just...just let him have this okay? It's all he's got. :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Athanatos posted:

2 wins.

Book it.

laffo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
son of a bitch

I legit have no loving clue what the hell

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 3, 2014

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I wish they had beaten the Jets. Give us that number one pick you jerks.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

It's games 17 and 18. Check your schedule.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zakharov posted:

Raiders are just going to waste #1 and you'll get the guy who should have gone 1 overall but with a great big chip on their shoulder and reduced expectations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

zakharov posted:

Because of that, you need them to find two wins somewhere to get #1.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

zakharov posted:

Historically whoever is picked after the Raiders has an awesome career.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Because of that, you need them to find two wins somewhere to get #1.

Head to Head doesn't matter for the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

computer parts posted:

Historically whoever is picked after the Raiders has an awesome career.

Rolando McClain? Isn't he the linchpin of the Cowboys d? :haw:

• Locked thread