Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i think all our abortion clinics should be closed and then moved and reopened in poo poo countries, where we make abortions mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

brizna posted:

The legality of abortion doesn't actualy affect the rate of abortion, op.

we should make them illegal anyways, since discounting rape victims, people who need abortions were too stupid to use birth control, we can use it as a new vice tax on the poor and stupid.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skinny King Pimp posted:

condoms break and boys lie. not even getting your tubes tied is 100% effective since they don't always scar completely shut. plus pregnancy is way more dangerous (and expensive) than a surgical abortion, especially for young teenage girls.

also, it already is a tax on the poor, since there are usually very few abortion clinics in a given state, necessitating the money for travel and maybe a local hotel room. on top of that, several states require 24-72 hr waits after the initial consultation, which means taking more days off of work, which probably isn't possible. so yeah you already have your vice tax on the poor, much like with any other god drat thing in this country.

women die when abortions aren't legal. they die in horrible ways. doesn't really matter how you feel about abortion because them's the facts. women have been terminating pregnancies for literal thousands of years, dunno why you think not having access to safe, low risk abortions is gonna change that.

guess what, if someone doesn't want to get pregnant they can just not have sex. Most clinics aren't safe.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skinny King Pimp posted:

how do you figure?

and man if you can find a way to keep teenagers from having sex i will give you ten million dollars

not hard, at least to stop straight sex you just segregate by gender, and after school make them work a job where they are supervised, then send them home and make parents watch them.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Jonny 290 posted:

yet against abortion? that's loving temporalist garbage and you need to get your linear time fascism out of here, timehitler

because abortion isn't birth control, its abortion, they are different things which is why people have differing opinions.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Arri posted:

Actually, abortion is birth control. It is literally controlling whether a birth happens or not.

no it's forcing a stillborn birth essentially very different.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

When did GBS get so serious? Did I miss something?

oh this the gbs 2.0 thing where we serious post in the hopes we can make another poster post more than we do.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skinny King Pimp posted:

nope, miscarriage unless the fetus is already dead inside the uterus and is just being removed.

also a lot of women who have incomplete miscarriages through no fault of their own have died because no doctor in the hospital they went to was able or willing to perform a dilation and curettage because of the stigma attached to abortion. so that's cool i mean, supporting women dying even if they didn't elect to have an abortion is pretty great.

whatever i support people dying not just women

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skinny King Pimp posted:

then why not babies too??

if you kill them too young you rob them of the chance to kill more people as an adult upping the body count.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skinny King Pimp posted:

what if the baby doesn't have a brain or like legs and arms (really hard to kill people if you don't have legs or arms)?

question: can a woman get an abortion if she wanted to get pregnant but finds out in the first trimester that she has cancer (or another serious illness) and can either have the baby and probably die because of the delay in treatment or have an abortion, get treatment, and try again later?

don't change the subject by trying to argue statistical outliers. Argue real points. All you are doing is showing you have nothing to add and are trying to draw attention away from that fact.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shnag posted:

I know your are "doing a thing", this idea is more laughable then disturbing. Its not even about a matter of opinion of how corrupt and hosed up it would end up being. Hell, even when it enviably meaning that only the wealthy can have kids, unintended pregnancies will still happen, and they will just get private doctors to perform them in secret, just as they do now.

It is truly scary that there are people out there who believe that you should be fully finacially and mentally prepared to give birth to a child and raise him or her to adulthood, each and every single time you have sex.

yeah that's called being responsible for your actions, if you perform an act which is designed solely to create children you should be prepared to have children.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Benjamin Arthur posted:

lmao you think this is reason to force women to be literal human incubators against their will, with less legal consideration than fetuses, you're a hosed up misogynist hth

this argument is invalid if the sex was concensual, since the woman chose to to perform the act which creates children, ergo she chose to have children.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

poorlifedecision posted:

It's too bad you're such an angry sourpuss. You should get laid but you'd probably just shout at the woman for being a whore the whole time.

taking responsiblity and holding myself responsible for my own actions, and others for their's makes me an angry sour puss?

look at you instead of saying something constructive or actually trying to debate a point all you did was launch a verbal assault against me.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Benjamin Arthur posted:

having sex is not consent to carrying a child to term, not sure where you got that retarded idea

basic biology, sex exist to make children and feel good so your body wants you to have children. simple biological drive.

if you aren't prepared for children you aren't prepared for sex.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Benjamin Arthur posted:

the most virgin of opinions

because i don't want children.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Benjamin Arthur posted:

good thing there's ways to have sex without significant risk of that

i chose the only method that's 100% effective, and doesn't result in the death of a human.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Bored posted:

Name them Bob?

How do you feel about the morning after pill? I mean, they aren't taking birth control, so obviously they are being irresponsible. :allears:

it's called the abortion pill for a reason.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ZergRushing posted:

Aborting mentally handicapped children is a good thing and yields a net benefit both for the parents and society as a whole.

man you sound like that hitler guy

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

would you count the outcome of taking such a pill as a consequence of an action

response to an action

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

i love that gif.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Skinny King Pimp posted:

no it isn't, that's mifepristone or RU486.

how do you feel about the fact that the vast majority of conception events do not produce viable offspring and result in spontaneous abortions (this is what a miscarriage is called) or the fertilized egg doesn't even get implanted? what about when a woman is carrying a dead fetus, should she have to carry that dead fetus until natural childbirth or can she have a late term abortion? what about if the fetus isn't dead but is severely malformed? do you believe that a woman who wanted a child should be forced to give birth to a baby that might only live for a few hours?

or should women just be forced to do poo poo despite mental and emotional consequences on top of the physical implications?

i think it'd be best to send them back to kitchen since it would cut our countries work force in half and create a strong demand for labor again, increasing wages and standard of living too.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

question: how do you feel about other forms of medicine? break a leg, deal with the consequences? get sick, deal with the consequences? have an organ fail, deal with the consequences? get born into a toilet bowl and catch mega aids, deal with the consequences?

killing fetuses is loving awesome

your argument doesn't follow logic unless you assume all pregnancies are accidents, which they aren't since biologically the act of sex is the choice to essentially create babies, and is 100% avoidable, except in cases of rape.

also pregnancy isn't an injury, or disease so i don't know how you can treat it as if it was.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

people who think fetuses are the same as kids who are already born and living are loving retarded imo

At best you could make the argument that there's brain wave activity during the third trimester and as such the fetus is already 'living' at that point but abortions during third trimester are already not allowed unless it's some super extenuating circumstance.

people who hate children as much as you must have some serious sad brains, you are arguing for a continued genocide.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

so getting impregnated is the only choice a woman ever has, got it

that argument only works if sex is mandatory.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shnag posted:

Tolietlord has been trolling since the beginning, I mean come on, "I choose to be a virgin for life" poo poo, he has just been loving around since the start. But the point is he has been using actual talking points that people actually use when determining to take rights away from people.

He hasn't addressed the issue that abortion laws exclusively meant to target and punish underprivileged women and have no real effect on privileged women's access to abortion services. He hasn't brought it up because it is never brought up by right-wing politicians that literally use air quotes when talking about the health of a pregnant woman. Their target audience never think about it because they are a bunch of knuckle dragging idiots who never call out politicians on being blatantly hypocritical.

i love these threads because eventually people who don't recognize me let me just start arguing with them, go look at the what's it like to be an american thread where i threw tea party poo poo at a british person.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

SpeedGem posted:

sarah palin was adamant about abstinence,

who cares who said what it's technically the only 100% effective birth control.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
hmm are we having an argument about stats that skew in the directions that make the intended audience happy? more pregnancies in democrat articles, and less pregnancies in republican articles? It's like both sides actively lie to their base.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i love you guys any time some one tries any sort of logic you launch into a straw man argument that isn't actually related to what's being discussed so you can avoid the topic and try and find a new one, you guys do the same thing with personal attacks.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the problem is your main argument is based on the idea that women aren't capable of making sound decisions, and that they are incapable of managing their well being like small children.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

wanting to save your tax moneys from lax honeys by being anti-abortion is a total fallacy; even scraping the mangled remains of an abandoned crack baby off the street is significantly more costly than an abortion. anyone who claims to save money by being anti-abortion is fiscally irresponsible and will most likely have a loved one perish in a botched diy-abortion due to a lack of forethought

changing the topic, ok, i care a lot less about anything as long as individuals have to pay for something with their own money and no tax dollars are spent. keep it legal but privatize the abortion industry so normal market forces affect it's cost.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

brizna posted:

Perhaps you are right but this is completely untestable since no such society has ever existed. Every developed country with a strong safety net also allows abortion so

so you are saying if your friends jumped off a bridge so would you?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
in 2 trash nations things are the same tell me more

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

President Kucinich posted:

Removing state funding for women's health clinics through "privatization" is a good way of taking abortion away from only poor people, but I think you can come up with some other ways we could remove abortion access for low income people while protecting more wealthy women.

they can both just not have sex really it's that easy. also i dont get democrats, you guys bitch about killing people, guns killing people, anything you can that kills people etc etc but for some reason, women are sacred and unborn children should be killed.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

It's cool, I agree with you that we should protect wealthy people's access to abortion while shutting it down for poor people.

i don;t see the issue the republican party hates poor minorities, and the left hates all the poor republican voters in the midwest and south, seems like it'd be a good idea to do as much as we can to kill them all off.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

how much money are you willing to spend on abstinence-only education

your right i got a better idea, lets just force all males starting at ehh age 13 to wear those spiked cock rings from the 1800's so if they get a rager their dick will just get wrecked for life, and they will go impotent. until they get married.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

that's another pro-abortion argument

why when we could use the same money to make dangerous back alley abortion clinics and kill 2 birds with 1 stone as it were.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

I got a better idea, if a woman gets an abortion the male should be treated as an accomplice guilty of child neglect/abuse at the very least and they can both go to jail for a very long time.

what if we made those 1920's child work camps legal again so people could send their kids off to do hard labor starting at age 6, and collect a pay check until their child turns 18. Bet we could reduce most welfare programs then, and reduce the amount of children aborted.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

first there were animals. the animals hosed 24/7 except when they took breaks to eat each other so they'd be strong enough to keep loving. then one of the animals thought "what if i took a break from the loving, and ate more than my share?" and that is how the right was born

elected democrats talk just like the pigs in animal farm now, and they do just as much shady poo poo as republicans. you need to start reading both sides of the propaganda we are given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

I like this. But we should recognize that poor people in general make lousy parents so receiving welfare should be conditional on forfeiting your kids to CPS workhouses.

why, you are creating an incentive to have kids sent to work camps by increasing payment per child, means we can replace foreigners with local poors instead at cheaper rates.

• Locked thread