Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Palpek posted:

i think it's just a big ol' misunderstanding and the cast simply walked into the wrong set

pro-shop :tipshat:

HJE-Cobra posted:

I don't get how this Terminator robot is so dorky-looking. It doesn't look all that different from the older ones from T2 and whatever, but somehow it still looks like a total dweeb while the T2 ones look badass. Maybe it's the teeth? The angle of the head?
(tl;dr: new :downs:-800 endoskeleton head has a poorly-made face, old badass endoskeleton had a skull)

jaw is either extremely weak or partly missing, cheek section modeled after flesh instead of bone so it instead of menacing skull you have this too-rounded downsy look all the way through the area below the nose to the upper bridge of the nose and the far side of the cheek bone (instead of having a horrifying look of sunken-in steel gums on this one you can almost see lips), neck is too long and you cant help but mentally fill in that the flesh over it would have a weak or lanky trapezius muscle, head hanging weakly at a downward angle, chestpiece of the chassis that draws attention toward a central point of symmetry looks more like it was intended as a dorky logo instead of something functional

basically you could weld a pocket protector onto the thing to finish the look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

demon wants to eat your soul . . . . . . . . . . . . . edward robot hands wants to learn to smile and love

how can you not know the difference between a face and a skull and get a job making this stuff

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

notZaar posted:

Tbh those look really similar it's just a different angle and lighting
usually on the internet its not a handicap to be a little less adept at noticing facial differences but this is one of those times my friend

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
one looks like they made the flesh of the face out of metal particularly the angle and shape of the cheeks (and gave it broad friendly smile like dumbasses) the other is straightup skull this is easy

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 4, 2014

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
notice abrupt reflection on cheekbone of new 800 indicating a broad, front-facing cheekbone up to that point, spatial reasoning, not same models, facepalm, etc

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im not saying its the difference between a dog terminator and a human terminator but if you arent picking up on any differences at all ...great

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the contours of matt smiths face are the secret to unlocking the next generation of stealth aircraft

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dieland posted:

The new Terminator movie will have the same production quality as Bound 2.

tracy morgan could save this movie

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it was bad really when christian bale did the shooting scream in the first part of salvation
maybe just clench your teeth and buttocks instead

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
someone make the terminator roll its eyes

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Palpek posted:

you have to remember we went through this in-between:

so it's just a consequence of the downward spiral
actually... again the salvation screen manages to look alright
terminatorish but in daylight

Palpek posted:

let's add some testosterone to this bitch

dear diary
i had that dream i said it again but i was dr who this time

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ultrabindu posted:

This picture is from Aliens, duder.
you think everything with michael biehn wearing space marine armor with hicks stenciled on it is aliens

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

My bad, here we go

going over his notes for his upcoming rap battle against the terminator

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

to give the movie more credit than it deserves, Entertainment Weekly is not known for its masterful photo shoots:

we decided that there could be no better time for a ghostbusters reunion than after harold ramis dies

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i hope for ghostbusters 3 ernie hudson asks for too much money and the part is played by don cheadle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
brb; vacuum of space

• Locked thread