Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
I long for the gentle hills of my homeland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

couldnt be hosed, op

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
meeeeeeeeeh

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

That human life must be some kind of mistake is sufficiently proved by the simple observation that man is a compound of needs which are hard to satisfy; that their satisfaction achieves nothing but a painless condition in which he is only given over to boredom; and that boredom is a direct proof that existence is in itself valueless, for boredom is nothing other than the sensation of the emptiness of existence. For if life, in the desire for which our essence and existence consists, possessed in itself a positive value and real content, there would be no such thing as boredom: mere existence would fulfill and satisfy us. As things are, we take no pleasure in existence except when we are striving after something - in which case distance and difficulties make our goal look as if it would satisfy us (an illusion which fades when we reach it)- or when engaged in purely intellectual activity, in which case we are really stepping out of life so as to regard it from outside, like spectators at a play. Even sensual pleasure itself consists in a continual striving and ceases as soon as its goal is reached. Whenever we are not involved in one or other of these things but directed back to existence itself we are overtaken by its worthlessness and vanity and this is the sensation called boredom.

/

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Torka posted:

That human life must be some kind of mistake is sufficiently proved by the simple observation that man is a compound of needs which are hard to satisfy; that their satisfaction achieves nothing but a painless condition in which he is only given over to boredom; and that boredom is a direct proof that existence is in itself valueless, for boredom is nothing other than the sensation of the emptiness of existence. For if life, in the desire for which our essence and existence consists, possessed in itself a positive value and real content, there would be no such thing as boredom: mere existence would fulfill and satisfy us. As things are, we take no pleasure in existence except when we are striving after something - in which case distance and difficulties make our goal look as if it would satisfy us (an illusion which fades when we reach it)- or when engaged in purely intellectual activity, in which case we are really stepping out of life so as to regard it from outside, like spectators at a play. Even sensual pleasure itself consists in a continual striving and ceases as soon as its goal is reached. Whenever we are not involved in one or other of these things but directed back to existence itself we are overtaken by its worthlessness and vanity and this is the sensation called boredom.

/

agreed

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
ITT we succumb to Enki

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Rapman the Cook posted:

ITT we succumb to Enki

how i long for Enki, my benevolent overlord

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Way ahead of you OP

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
passionate apathist here. this thread enervates me to not give a poo poo like never before

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
hahahaha that's my life tho.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Way ahead of you OP

goddammit i came here to post exactly this, and now my unoriginality has thrown me into a greater state of despair

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
i would sigh, but that would take effort :smith:

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
lol if you care about anything at all ever
:negative:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
life is a dick measuring contest and in the end it the only thing that matters is whether you can screw the other guy over, OP

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Lichy posted:

life is a dick measuring contest and in the end it the only thing that matters is whether you can screw the other guy over, OP

how very russian of you

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Rapman the Cook posted:

ITT we succumb to Enki

Hey Lichy, you kinda look like . . . forget it.
I've already lost interest.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Torka posted:

/

Theres a guy on youtube who reads shopenhaur works with the perfect somber morose voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF5luzpfp_g

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Torka posted:

/

same

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.
eh

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Torka posted:

/

This but unironically

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Im succumbing to ennui right now unnnnghhhn

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

subhuman filth posted:

how very russian of you

see they all say that but I only learned my lesson when I came to yurop and saw the exact same thing happening everywhere

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
N(intendo) Wii

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i cum in your uni

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Had to look it up because I went to public school

a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Im dying halp

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Torka posted:

/

this guy...this guy's on to something..

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0rha6YRB2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Broenheim posted:

Im dying halp

same

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Id rather not

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
It's liberating to acknowledge the pointlessness of living because it lets you spend your time just doing whatever without feeling too bad about it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gently caress YOU GOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1tz6VPI0vk

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

archerb posted:

It's liberating to acknowledge the pointlessness of living because it lets you spend your time just doing whatever without feeling too bad about it.

is that how it really works out though, practically speaking? seems logical to say, but wanting a point and not finding it is like the elephant in the room for any thinking and feeling person.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I wake up. I go to GBS. I post. I refresh. I refresh. I post. I go to sleep.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
bored with this thread. even with a schopenhauer quote, bored with this thread

peace out, fellow sufferers

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
cba

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mang, I would have totally posted some brilliant Nietzsche stuff if I could give a gently caress.
Instead, you'll just have to pretend I did.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

its pronounced neetch key just fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

hi guys just checking in

anyone get anything done today?