Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
I hear libertarianism has some good poo poo. Hit up Stefan Molyneux, he'll make you hate your parents and swear your soul to the almighty DRO and NAP and all kinds of fun acronyms in a about week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Glasgow Kiss posted:

where's my nikes?

Nike Decade.

Would like a pair.

Dead.juice
Dec 14, 2011

Sexier than assless chaps

Rapman the Cook posted:

Nike Decade.

Would like a pair.

Is this cult still a thing, I'm down. Lets do this cult.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

As long as its a true sex cult and not just a bunch of groping, hit that like a Pinata.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

pretty sure any cult would be into metaphorical joing

literal joing fits the true sex cult idea though

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

joing

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Rapman the Cook posted:

Nike Decade.

Would like a pair.

Why do these photos look like ones that were taken for court evidence?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
which one? have u done ur researcH? there's a lot of options out there op and it really wouldn't be doing yourself a serivec to short urself on researfh beforehand, this is a big cfommitment and houlsndt be entered into lightly!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Helpimscared posted:

Why do these photos look like ones that were taken for court evidence?

Because they were taken by crime scene investigators following the mass suicide of the heaven's gate cult

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

nomadologique posted:

which one? have u done ur researcH? there's a lot of options out there op and it really wouldn't be doing yourself a serivec to short urself on researfh beforehand, this is a big cfommitment and houlsndt be entered into lightly!

i want to joing the sex cult the wone with thes ex

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Because they were taken by crime scene investigators following the mass suicide of the heaven's gate cult

OH poo poo?????? U SERIOUS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

naem
May 29, 2011

Dude START a cult that's where the money is

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

GelatinSkeleton posted:

OH poo poo?????? U SERIOUS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

guy was acting like he didn't know :/

edit: seriously don't join a cult, start one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3wTtmrFQxI

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 30, 2014

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
i want there to be a cult of 'big, but not too big penises'

but that's just b/c i'm gay, and the concept of big, but not too big penises arouse me sexually

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
cults require a lot of socializing and i just need a lot of "me time" so i don't think it would ever work

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
All these cults sound weird and sexual. Why not join a cargo cult?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Have you considered joining r/bitcoin?

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Heaven's Gate best cult.
Also one of the first websites to break the internet thanks to mainstream media hyping it.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

TheReverend posted:

Back when I was more poor these guys would post flyers all the time at the laundromat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckankar

I live near the Temple of Eck, it's across the street from Prince's recording studio

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The marines are pretty cultish..downside get killed or maimed for oil or being an unknowing test monkey for equipment made by the lowest bidder. Who cares YUTTTTT

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Americas strongest culture are in its cults imo. Its how we do

Drfishback
Nov 5, 2009
Just remember,as soon as you join a cult all the fake love vibes they are giving you stop pretty quickly and the paycheck garnishment and shaming begin.

A friend of my brothers joined the First Church of Christ after they told him they all loved him and encircled him with their sickness...next thing you know he was getting his check garnished for 60% of what he made and trying to recruit everyone he saw. Join up if that sounds like fun to you.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Whatever you do, don't join Crossfit. You'll live longer if you join a suicide cult. Have you looked at the Church of Mormon? They seem like the nicest people.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

naem posted:

Dude START a cult that's where the money is

Proof that literally anyone can pull this off, no matter how absurd they are:

http://www.culteducation.com/group/923-people-unlimited/7099-never-say-die-.html

A 6400-word plunge into total insanity posted:

"Your body is there, ready to receive and transmit!" Chuck said to the woman. "Woooo!" said the audience. "But there's a torment that happens!" said Chuck. "Right!" the people shouted. "And that's what you're getting; you feel an intelligence of your body that's sending signals to your brain, and you're thinking things you never thought before ["It's true! Right"], and it's contradictory to the program that is already there, you need to go with the new ['Right on!'], you're reprogramming here! ["woooo!"] CBJ, I wish, I tell you, I wish we could really brainwash every one of you! ['Wooooo!] But we can't do it - not only brainwash but to body-wash! ['Woo-hoo!'] Because even for the DNA to change the genetic intelligence that has been there, but we are waking up that gene! ['It's true!'] There is an immortal gene within the body already! ['Yes, , yes, yes!'] We're waking up that immortal gene to where it becomes the predominant gene in the body and consumes the genetics that accepts that death is inevitable!"

If this sounds a fair question, try People Unlimited (formerly Eternal Flame and CBJ) a cult that promises its followers literal immortality. Their founder member recently made some sort of grave cellular miscalculation and clutched the lily at 79, so the need for further research funding is urgent.

naem
May 29, 2011

At first welcome families of course, then start separating all the men and kicking them out, so you can "marry" dozens of women.

Eventually you have to castrate yourself inside your tractor tire walled compound of course (to placate the lizard aliens) but what a sweet ride until then

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
making a cult is sweet

i mean john smith or whomever made a cult and married 40 women and we all know he founded the cult just for that

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Top City Homo posted:

making a cult is sweet

i mean john smith or whomever made a cult and married 40 women and we all know he founded the cult just for that

naw he started like three cults, it's just only one took off

so if at first you don't succeed, tryand try again

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nigmaetcetera posted:

founding a substance abuse center to recruit from seems like your best bet

naem
May 29, 2011

Just think, you could found a whole new ethnic group with your hundreds of illegitimate children who all look like you, perhaps on the edge of a desert somewhere

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Have any of you been invited to Lowtax's compound yet?

Living as a member of Lowtax's personality cult would be pretty cool. We could do let's plays together and go for rides in his GTR for late night booze runs. Eventually of course as more hear the call we would have to share Rich, which would be less fun.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

hey remember that guy's anti-SA blog that alleged lowtax was literally a cult leader and we all unironically worshipped him? that was pretty funny however many years back it was.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

i would like to know more

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
christianity is a cult

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

gently caress da Mods posted:

christianity is a cult

corpse god worship is mainstream

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Just kill yourself, it'll be much quicker

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Desdinova posted:

i would like to know more

I can't find anymore sorry i read it on an anti-mormon atheist site in like 1999 so it could very well be bullshit made up by a hateful anti-mormon idk

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress da Mods posted:

christianity is a cult

It was the first personality cult imo..i forget what my argument for this was though so dont ask

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oRb99OkDv0

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nigmaetcetera posted:

guy was acting like he didn't know :/

edit: seriously don't join a cult, start one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3wTtmrFQxI

i love this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

i love this video

op should definitely model his persona after the guy with the gold lame robes. he seems like the most trustworthy, or at least enthusiastic.

edit: that or do the whole elron thing, teddy roosevelt meets ernest hemingway meets edmund hillary meets ron popeil

• Locked thread