Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Reminder that if you voted for the losers yesterday like an idiot you wasted 2-3 hours of fappy time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
*sassy black woman voice* big beef city mad as hell

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Titus Sardonicus posted:

The Tea Party bloc is always threatening to stay at home on election day though. Whether they actually do or not, I don't know, but you always end up with Republicans just falling over each other claiming to be more conservative than the last guy. No Democrat will ever claim to be more liberal, hell, I don't even know if they're all that willing to compete with each other over who is the most :airquote: progressive :airquote: candidate of them all.

Didn't the White House Press Secretary once bitch about liberals who were rightfully pissed about Obama's broken promises?

That's probably because conservatives have a basic understanding of economics and don't give their votes away for free like plebs or slaves

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Friendly Tumour posted:

i think uhh, insterad of refusing to participate in our oppression we should

participate

that's a really intelligent comment, I like the part where you vote for your oppressor because he's oppressing you

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

That's an awful opinion. You're vote counts!

the election is already over, you can relax. drat

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I guess if I felt completely ineffectual and invisible in my real life, I would fancy myself as some type of revolutionary or that my vote mattered. I would probably daydream about a revolution in DC lead by Obama and he touches my forehead because I have managed to amass a handful of goon volunteers through nagging.

:banjo:

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Big Beef City posted:

MY VOTE DOESN'T MATTER.

NONE OF THESE VOTES MATTER WHY BOTHER?!

*looks at races decided by 1000 or less votes*

loving POINTLESS

I didn't know you were a 1000 people big Big Beef City

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
The truth is democracy is a lovely system and we should try something else.

Just become some retarded frenchmen who later killed thousands of people and had no internet thought it was a good idea doesn't make it true.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Business Octopus posted:

Democracy is stupid and who gives a poo poo whether or not it's republicans or democrats in power, it doesn't matter. We're all going to die soon anyways, stop paying attention to politics and go play with a small child or have a good laugh or do literally anything else. Life's too short to bother trying to pretend like you can change the world. Changing the world doesn't even matter because this gay planet will be engulfed by the sun and we all know that humanity will be extinct long before then. None of it matters, you're powerless, no one cares about your opinions, you will be forgotten after you die and the universe will function perfectly well in your absence.

It's pretty funny that people live their lives consumed by politics and never make any money out of it. It's almost as if they're slaves doing things for other people for free.

*Stands around in 20 degree weather with a clipboard outside of a Walmart looking for Mexicans in order to ask them to register to vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I was disinterested in politics during my jr. high student government elections, actually I sort of loathed those people for thinking they were going to make a difference in absolutely anything.

Then when I was in high school I started to care because I read some books.

Then I became an adult and realized this entire charade is exactly like jr. high.

• Locked thread