Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
at knowing when enough was enough. the american version dragged on way too long. other than that, like most things, the one made by americans was vastly superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't seen either should I ?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The British one was mercifully short but by season 2 it was already awful.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

I haven't seen either should I ?

no

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Consider it not done

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Nothing like having somebody say something quirky or "offensive" and have the other person look at the camera every loving scene. God the office was awful.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

british office is superior in almost all other ways also, op

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

laugh, wage slaves

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I liked James Spader, even if they couldn't ever decide what kind of character he was supposed to be playing. And Erin Hannon is adorable.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Counterpoint: Both versions of "The Office" should not have been made.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
lol if you like that human being ricky gervais

american office has chicks you would want to gently caress

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Gareth Keenan is one of my favorite characters even though I've never seen an episode of The Office.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
The bar wasn't set very high, so "better" doesn't necessarily mean any good.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Harime Nui posted:

Gareth Keenan is one of my favorite characters even though I've never seen an episode of The Office.

dwight was basically a cartoon character, while gareth was more like "yeah, i know that guy"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
The British office weirdly doesn't hold up well. Us show is a consistent three star show, uk you watch once and ok.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwvCI6NOFls

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xmeid67U_M

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I only really like ricky gervais when he's making fun of karl pilkington and then screeching like a loon when he laughs about it

(i could have sworn I just posted this but maybe it was in the wrong thread...)

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VEx7qdqis

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUh3Zm98o7U&t=10s

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
The English version shits all over the American version.

NOt really even a comparison.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Applecross WC. posted:

The English version shits all over the American version.

NOt really even a comparison.

Other than Season 1, the American version was superior

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
A bad thing that was like four hours long was better than a bad thing that was like ten seasons long, yes.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The Lizard King basically justifies upwards of 70 to 75 seasons worth of the US Office.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
pam was hotter in the US office

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Boogaleeboo posted:

The Lizard King basically justifies upwards of 70 to 75 seasons worth of the US Office.

anything to prevent nbcs new hit show, james spader wears a hat

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

Bruce Kison posted:

Other than Season 1, the American version was superior

Are you American?

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Applecross WC. posted:

Are you American?

Is your name Applecross Water Closet?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
The British one was great and full of characters that felt like people you know in real life, and wish you didn't.

The American version was just the network opening up another generic can of "Comedy Show" and filming it while the fizz bubbled off.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

you really have to have lived in the uk and done work experience at 16 years old in 1998 to get the uk office.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
they show a similar comedy on BBC1 now called the apprentice it has sid james in too

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
The US Office is poo poo, but thats US comedy, generally poo poo.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Is your name Applecross Water Closet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLEBgQMCtIo

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
nar m8

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
And then he made the stupid face at the camera and it was still funny 25 seasons later. gently caress yeah US Office is best.

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW

opus111 posted:

you really have to have lived in the uk and done work experience at 16 years old in 1998 to get the uk office.

no i think a lot of people around the world can get it. It's just that America does that thing with their comedy that only Americans can't recognise.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The US version was better, I even thuoght that when I was a huge Ricky Gervais fan years ago before I thankfully grew out of it.

And by better I mean it's like the Simpson's later seasons: occasional good parts that are actually pretty funny, lots of chaff in between.

Extras, his radio show, and An Idiot Abroad are the only good things Gervais has done, Pilkington is much more entertaining.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Look at his little bald head

e: oh gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
loving Derek, you cunts. it unabashedly pulls at your heartstrings in the most obvious ways, but still works

• Locked thread