Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Desired AFC and NFC Championship Game participants? (Pick two per conference)
Arizona (NFC)
Baltimore (AFC)
Buffalo (AFC)
Carolina (NFC)
Cincinnati (AFC)
Cleveland (AFC)
Dallas (NFC)
Denver (AFC)
Detroit (NFC)
Green Bay (NFC)
Houston (AFC)
Indianapolis (AFC)
Kansas City (AFC)
Miami (AFC)
Minnesota (NFC)
New England (AFC)
New Orleans (NFC)
Philadelphia (NFC)
Pittsburgh (AFC)
San Diego (AFC)
San Francisco (NFC)
Seattle (NFC)
View Results

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I'm p sad New Orleans and Atlanta won today. I was hoping for a 5-11 playoff team.

Nope, in fact, the NFC South Champion Saints get a bye. Manning, Brady, and Big Ben get some well deserved time off.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cole posted:

11-5 and out of the playoffs?

Doesn't matter. NFC South is gonna win the super bowl anyway.

The tears will be delicious.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fenrir posted:

What's funny to me is, winning the NFC South seems like a BAD thing at this point. Just getting that playoff spot means dropping about 10 places in the draft with how lovely their records are.

Eh, knowing the Saints, they'd probably screw up pick #9 or so. Might as well say we're NFC South champions, get the cheap T-shirt and pick at #21. Saves money.

Whether we could actually beat the Bears, Falcons, and Bucs to get there is an entirely different story.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fenrir posted:

If you can't beat the Bears, you've fallen pretty drat far since Week 8. Imagine the Packers but with a worse defense and you won't have to hurt their QB to keep them from scoring.

I don't think our defense could hurt something if they tried.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Blitz7x posted:

Should probably change the thread title to a more accurate one

Yes. In the (NFC) South, we don't race. We take a gentlemanly stroll towards the playoff. Preferably with a mint julep.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

axeil posted:

Raise your hand if you thought the NFC South would have the most exciting Week 16 and 17 playoff scenarios.

My Saints fan friend pointed this out to me. If Atlanta beats the Saints and the Panthers also win then going into week 17 the winner of Panthers/Falcons wins the division...unless they tie and then the Saints win. He's hoping the Saints win the South on a tie.

Flex all NFC South games to primetime spots in the next two weeks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

African AIDS cum posted:

Seattle is nabbing that #1 spot imo but lol "the risk of"

If you don't think that 95% of TFF would be rooting for New Orleans to do to Seattle the same thing that Seattle did to us in 2010, you're crazy.

I mean come on, it would be an almost exact reversal. Previous Super Bowl champ has to go on the road to a team that won an extremely weak division with a non-winning record and play in a stadium that's known for being loud. We even have a power RB that is finally living up to his potential this year. It would even be the same exact teams.

If it did happen that way, Seattle should obviously have a better chance of winning, but we all thought the opposite in 2010, and welp.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wheez the roux posted:

i would loving love the chance for the hawks to to go to NOLA and trigger the ptsd of a packed metrodome while plowing noted superbitch drew brees into dust and forcing him to retire in disgrace

The Vikings are making the playoffs too? And they rebuilt this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgbWci_LURw

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wheez the roux posted:

brainfart

although i fully support the superdome coming down in a flurry of snow

I think you mean the Silverdome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7UKqLztgrg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

African AIDS cum posted:

The Saints got shithoused by the Panthers 41-10 recently and will not make the playoffs

Eh, maybe, maybe not, but they've got the best odds of all the eligible NFC South teams left at 65% of doing so.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

Atlanta is going to be a tough game, no doubting that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

African AIDS cum posted:

If the Panthers win out do they control their own destiny I thought they did because of the tie

Not if the Saints win out. The best record the Panthers could have is 7-8-1. The Saints could still go 8-8.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Only Marshawn Lynch, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, Kam Chancellor and Jon Ryan (I guess Brandon Mebane and Anthony McCoy if you count IR) are left from that 2010 team. It's crazy to see how fast the roster turns in the NFL.

I think you mean Julius Jones? Shaun Alexander's last season was 2008.

Yeah, Julius Jones. That guy was horrible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Randandal posted:

Aahahahahahahahaha how the hell did Green Bay manage to lose to New Orleans this year?

Well we are a divisional leader, so....

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Uncle Jam posted:

Lions, bitch.

I was pretty neg on them at the beginning of the season and they pulled out some bullshit wins but after the two losses they seem to be at least at little bit more cohesive. If they can win in the playoffs a statue of M. Caldwell will be built.

How will you tell the difference?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go Saints, Go Browns, Go Cards.

That is all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If they win today and Carolina loses, they can rest their starters against the Bucs, but they'll have seven wins already.

I think the only way to get a six win team is to have Saints lose today, Carolina wins today, and the Panthers/Falcons game next week is a tie.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I think the only teams I feel like rooting for in the NFC are the Cards and the Packers.

Which means Seattle will go back to the Super Bowl.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Speleothing posted:

Super Bowl
Detroit bests Denver in a 4th quarter 10 point comeback. I am vindicated in being a Lions fan deep in enemy territory. Denver implodes and is never relevant again.

With Reggie Bush as the MVP with 200 yards and three TDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

axeil posted:

Nantz and simms should be punished by banishment to only call NFC South games for their crimes against watchable broadcasts.

Why punish me?

• Locked thread