Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Desired AFC and NFC Championship Game participants? (Pick two per conference)
Arizona (NFC)
Baltimore (AFC)
Buffalo (AFC)
Carolina (NFC)
Cincinnati (AFC)
Cleveland (AFC)
Dallas (NFC)
Denver (AFC)
Detroit (NFC)
Green Bay (NFC)
Houston (AFC)
Indianapolis (AFC)
Kansas City (AFC)
Miami (AFC)
Minnesota (NFC)
New England (AFC)
New Orleans (NFC)
Philadelphia (NFC)
Pittsburgh (AFC)
San Diego (AFC)
San Francisco (NFC)
Seattle (NFC)
View Results

• Locked thread
Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Thanks as always for making this thread! Indispensable.

It's amazing to me that only five teams in the AFC are under .500, compared to 10 in the NFC, including an entire division. It seems like the last few years the conference power has become more balanced. Now suddenly we're back to AFC dominance, circa the entire '00s.

It's actually 9, but your point stands.

I think the difference is at the very top, the NFC is EXTREMELY strong. If you picked one name out of the AFCN hat and said "this team makes the playoffs and the other three miss" you go "well yeah, they're good but flawed I can see it. The AFCN is crazy." If the season ended today, the Packers miss the playoffs. That's nearly unfathomable to me.

Shame about the NFC South, really. Everyone root for the bizzaro version of 2010 Saints-Seahawks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

axeil posted:

Slight nitpick, but you still have my hypothetical analysis posted in the NFC scenarios. Now that we know Philly has won the first matchup against Dallas I think your write-up is more accurate. :shobon:

Yeah, I'm confident Dallas can no longer sweep the H2H.

• Locked thread