Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
in order to develop somethingawful.com as a fully integrated social media experience, i am setting this thread up to work like a version of twitter built into the somethingawful platform. here is an explanation of how this thread will work -- i will use twitter jargon throughout, providing translation to the more familiar forum concepts parenthetically: you have a tiwtter handle (usename) that you use to make tweets (posts in this thread). all tweets (posts) must contain 140 characters or fewer. you can retweet (quote) tweets made by others and they can retreat you. you can also follow (look in this thread to see what posts they have made) other twitters (posters). you can also post images, but they also have to contain fewer than 140 characters. ok, lets go. i will update this thread with bug fixes and rule changes as things progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Use the enter key. wall of text nobody read.

Fuderyuu
Mar 16, 2004

Finger Lickin' Good!
@fuderyuu is following you.

Go hog wild!

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Use the enter key. wall of text nobody read.

you should put in more effort. this is the perfect place for a giant baby whose brain can't handle reading more than two sentences in a row

Time Trial
Aug 5, 2004

A saucerful of cyanide

logical phalluses posted:

in order to develop somethingawful.com as a fully integrated social media experience, i am setting this thread up to work like a version of twitter built into the somethingawful platform. here is an explanation of how this thread will work -- i will use twitter jargon throughout, providing translation to the more familiar forum concepts parenthetically: you have a tiwtter handle (usename) that you use to make tweets (posts in this thread). all tweets (posts) must contain 140 characters or fewer. you can retweet (quote) tweets made by others and they can retreat you. you can also follow (look in this thread to see what posts they have made) other twitters (posters). you can also post images, but they also have to contain fewer than 140 characters. ok, lets go. i will update this thread with bug fixes and rule changes as things progress.

gosh

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

logical phalluses posted:

That looks like a lot more than 140 characters

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

CloFan posted:

That looks like a lot more than 140 characters

yeah and i bet there are more than 140 characters of code in the twitter html document, dumbass.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
@Windows98
gently caress this thread #blessed

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Where's the funny @OP #gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texasmed