Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Sidecrab posted:

I also like the sound of unstable people shouting.

Then post in the Dota 2 thread in the games subforum about how matchmaking has a forced 50% winrate and they will literally explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
Though I'm not the first king of controversy
I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley, to do Black Music so selfishly
and use it to get myself wealthy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Lana Del Ray owns

She's worth more as a person than all of you together and will be remembered for the true music icon that she is while no will care about you guys, ever

lol if you think anybody will remember who she is in 2 years or so

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

uG posted:

i, too, take the things rapper say seriously when they are freestyle rapping

You should. Everyone else does. It's why black-on-black violence is so insidiously pervasive.

Lana Del Ray does a funny thing with her face, though, when she sustains a note. Like, her jaw vibrates. It's oddly hypnotic. I would never hit her though, I am not a rapper who needs to express myself with fisticuffs.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Lana Del Ray is the Freddie Mac of pop stars or something. She failed as badly as you can fail at her first couple live performances but despite that she got innumerable chances to keep being foisted on us thanks to her dad being a literal rich warlord or smth, I don't know I don't like her, she can't sing good

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Zombies' Downfall posted:

lana del rey probably wants eminem to beat the poo poo out of her

she's dark sided, man

http://www.metrolyrics.com/ultraviolence-lyrics-lana-del-rey.html?ModPagespeed=noscript

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Lana Del Rey is basically the friend of the family of the world and between this thread and Eminem is proven why feminism is still kind of a thing beneath the thin veneer of social progress

jalopybrown posted:

Lets be real here Lana del ray is every goons gently caress fantasy, she sings about video games, mountain dew, sadness (& lolita for all the pedos)

She also doesn't care about feminism and loves science like a good goon waifu and never played the misogyny card, despite having plenty of opportunities to do so

So basically she probably gets off on being abused by her former teenage masturbation fantasies

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Jamesman posted:

I never said he was bad, or that he was bad because he was controversial. Just that he wasn't as great as people are pretending he is.

He came around at a time when rap was dominated by an image of black men. Him being a white guy doing the same things black guys do made him stand out instead of falling by the wayside along with the hundreds of other rappers that do the exact same thing that he does. If he started a couple years earlier, he would have been nothing special, because we were still thinking about Snow and Vanilla Ice.

Don't confuse gimmick for talent.

im not a big eminem fan but he's nothing like snow or vanilla ice. rap is very personality and character driven, and on those fronts he was way more interesting than either of them. he was talented at putting his character into his music; many listeners felt like they were relating with him or getting to know him when listening to his songs. the slick production for the time didn't hurt.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

music industry is a talent show

and getting paid more than 6 figures to do your childish act is not failure

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

Lana Del Rey is basically the friend of the family of the world and between this thread and Eminem is proven why feminism is still kind of a thing beneath the thin veneer of social progress

She also doesn't care about feminism and loves science like a good goon waifu and never played the misogyny card, despite having plenty of opportunities to do so

So basically she probably gets off on being abused by her former teenage masturbation fantasies

Oh so she's:

"Just one of the guys!" :rolleyes:

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Harime Nui posted:

Lana Del Ray is the Freddie Mac of pop stars or something. She failed as badly as you can fail at her first couple live performances but despite that she got innumerable chances to keep being foisted on us thanks to her dad being a literal rich warlord or smth, I don't know I don't like her, she can't sing good

No, Lana Del Rey is the Ryuko Matoi of pop stars
Lady Gaga is the Harime Nui of pop stars

so that is exactly what you would say, isn't it

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

lmao nothing like a male mansplaining feminism to a woman. that article :rolleyes:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

jalopybrown posted:

Lets be real here Lana del ray is every goons gently caress fantasy, she sings about video games, mountain dew, sadness (& lolita for all the pedos)

objection, her song about video games is against video games/blames them for ruining relationships, voted 1!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

Hm, LG does go where she wants to go and nobody stops her...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

good to know that eminem is still going after pop stars like he's still in middle school

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
So Lana Del Ray's really hot, dismisses ridiculous twitter feminism, has cool and sexy duck lips that aren't too overdone, trolled SNL or at least went on it high as hell, and she actually makes listenable and novel music? What a oval office.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Her rich daddy paid the big bucks to scrub the internet of all mention of her earlier, failed music career under her real name. He likely had a hand in landing his baby a record deal the second time around too. The rest is on her and I have no opinion on any of it. I find her songs unlistenable after the second time or so and I don't care to look at her, probably because I am incredibly flaming pink on the inside gay

Or because shes ugly and sad looking with the charisma of a tired soggy mattress

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Does lady not give a poo poo about feminism?

MUH DICK

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

City of Tampa posted:

So Lana Del Ray's really hot, dismisses ridiculous twitter feminism, has cool and sexy duck lips that aren't too overdone, trolled SNL or at least went on it high as hell, and she actually makes listenable and novel music? What a oval office.

i very much doubt any aspect of her pop star personality is real and not carefully manufactured to attract a specific audience.m

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

what the hell is this anime horseshit

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Harime Nui posted:

Hm, LG does go where she wants to go and nobody stops her...

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Chicken in a bread pan pickin out dough"
eminem

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Granny does your dog bite? No, child,no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents