Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It's funny, we got a buzz spreadin quicker
Than makin paper airplanes out of a twenty, gently caress money!
I don't rap for dead presidents; I'd rather see the president dead
It's never been said, but I set precedents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

TEAYCHES posted:

uh del the funky homosapien

darkwing cuck posted:

TEAYCHES posted:

Pillow Clerk posted:

TEAYCHES posted:

Backpackers spotted

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

LifeSizePotato posted:

it's true, she admitted in an interview that she slept with any guy she thought could help her career

not that there's anything wrong with that

hopefully she caught aids.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pochoclo posted:

It's sort of like FYAD and BYOB here in SA... you try too hard, you're gay, but if you don't try at all, you suck

This makes some sense but doesn't really answer my question in any detail.

uG posted:

*a man makes millions upon millions of dollars for his craft*

jeez why doesnt this guy fine tune his craft before his albums? this is garbnage!!!! - a somethingawful goon who makes less then 40k a year

The gently caress is this Busch league garbage?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Why would you ever read Pitchfork?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

EugeneJ posted:

Lana is the music industry's literal whore

she badmouthed Lady Gaga

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I get all my music reviews from Anthony Fantano because at least he doesn't go off on some pseudo-literary nonsense to describe whether or not the loving music sounded good, unlike Pitchfork.

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
lana del rey is cool

naem
May 29, 2011

He's actually p good and clever w words and such

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

eminem is a 42 year old man

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

eminem is a 42 year old man

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Soon we're going to have extremely old rappers.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

babypolis posted:

i dont really know or care about lana del rey but i kinda hate her. everything ive seen her do or say rubs me the wrong way

i mean she nails the whole Quaaluded-out-70s-trophy-wife vibe, but i don't know if there's that much depth in that angle

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lana del rey is for basic bitches, i reckon

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
that rhymed really well and I can tell he spent a lot of time on it and was not just reaing a month old newspaper about a football player hitting his wife on the elevator

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
His kink is domestic violence. I'm not into that but if they are both willing participants then who am I to judge? I'd rather punch the back of her throat with my penis but that's just me.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
thats some bitchin rhymes

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

gbs 1998 is upset about eminem

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Soon we're going to have extremely old rappers.
E-40 already made a track about how kids don't respect their parents anymore and spend too much time playing these newfangled video games instead of going outside.

Also, I don't condone violence against women but Lana Del Ray is a trash person so whatever.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Eminem is good and misogyny is fine, especially against whored out pop stars

But seriously he's the most skillful rapper alive or at least in the top 5 of all time. Get back in line, he's better than you and can say what he wants

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Lets be real here Lana del ray is every goons gently caress fantasy, she sings about video games, mountain dew, sadness (& lolita for all the pedos)

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i'm trapped, so all I do is rap, but every time I rap i'm more trapped
and I rap myself right into this bubble, oh oh, i guess it's bubble wrap

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Tautologicus posted:

But seriously he's the most skillful rapper alive or at least in the top 5 of all time.

Said by a person who has only heard, like, 4 rappers, tops.

Eminem was right about one thing, though. I DID forget about Dre.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Jamesman posted:

Said by a person who has only heard, like, 4 rappers, tops.

Eminem was right about one thing, though. I DID forget about Dre.

not true. there are tons of legit black rappers who list eminem at the top or at least top 5

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Lana Del Ray owns

She's worth more as a person than all of you together and will be remembered for the true music icon that she is while no will care about you guys, ever

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol if you don't know somebody personally who considered eminem the greatest rapper of all time for being able to do it while white

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

LifeSizePotato posted:

not true. there are tons of legit black rappers who list eminem at the top or at least top 5

They're all stupid bitches too living in a bubble.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Jamesman posted:

They're all stupid bitches too living in a bubble.

i bet you wouldn't say that to drake's face

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i'd like drake more if he didn't like ncaa basketball

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

LifeSizePotato posted:

i bet you wouldn't say that to drake's face

Top 5;

Beastie Boys
Fat Boys
Coolio
Kid n' Play
Lil Dicky

Honorable Mention - Debbie Harry

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
yea eminem isnt a good rapper because he says controversial things and i do not like how popular he was/is

i mean lol if you say he isn't one of the best rappers. i dont listen to that poo poo but i'm not so GBS that ill say he isnt one of the best

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

uG posted:

he says controversial things

lol if you think this, he's never dropped the n word with 'er' ending or called out the lie that is the holohoax whereas I do so on a daily basis

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Lana Del Rey is 364 days older than me.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
eminem is pretty good at rapping but i just don't like him as much as i did a decade ago. his stuff really hasn't aged well. dre's production was a product of its time that sounds kinda dated and cheesy today. and some of the lyrics are just embarassing to listen to as a grown adult.

top-5? nah.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

uG posted:

yea eminem isnt a good rapper because he says controversial things and i do not like how popular he was/is

i mean lol if you say he isn't one of the best rappers. i dont listen to that poo poo but i'm not so GBS that ill say he isnt one of the best

I never said he was bad, or that he was bad because he was controversial. Just that he wasn't as great as people are pretending he is.

He came around at a time when rap was dominated by an image of black men. Him being a white guy doing the same things black guys do made him stand out instead of falling by the wayside along with the hundreds of other rappers that do the exact same thing that he does. If he started a couple years earlier, he would have been nothing special, because we were still thinking about Snow and Vanilla Ice.

Don't confuse gimmick for talent.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Jamesman posted:

Don't confuse gimmick for talent.

i think that's what you're doing

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I'd have respect for him if he'd deal with the fact that some of his idiot fans are going to take what he says at face value and think domestic violence/drugs/whatever are cool and okay. As it is he's like if Vladimir Nabokov was all "Well I can't help what people think of Lolita, Humbert Humbert is like part of me, just because I wrote specifically about molesting your stepdaughter doesn't mean I actually MEANT molesting children lol" instead of "WTF is wrong with you assholes for thinking child rape is all right."

His hair looks like straw. I can't look away from it. He's like bad judgment in human form.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He's rough around the edges but a lyrical genius

And for the record he has released 3 albums in the past five years and a very small portion of them were produced by Dre. Eminem also produces for many of his own songs

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
All I know is that Lana Del Ray is no Lykke Li.

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

I also like the sound of unstable people shouting.

• Locked thread